Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
I feel like there almost has to be an episode about the standard idol group controversy where tae gets a boyfriend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Julias posted:

It's pretty clear at this point that Zombieland Saga isn't a parody, just a goofy variation on the Idol show. Which is still good, mind you.

i think there's also a pretty solid case to be made that it's a satire on the inhumane brutality of the idol industry

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yeah, this episode made me fan of the theory that she actually awakened a long time ago and has just too much fun being a zombie. :allears:

my theory has been she's awakened and she just is like that, like for example why her pajamas are basically a prison outfit

but i don't know i feel like there's some meaning to her every day clothes looking vaguely like a convent outfit or maybe a medieval peasant? either way im pretty sure the joke is gonna be that she was just hosed up in her original life

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Oct 20, 2018

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i was a little concerned this show wouldnt be able to keep up the chaotic momentum of the first two episodes after episode 3 but episode 4 completely reassured me they know what they're doing. the horror sequence was so loving perfect

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

paragon1 posted:

Pretty sure Sae is acting weird because she got something put through her brain in Ep1

that was ai

i think tae is just some mental patient he found or something. her outfit kind of looks like a tattered nun habit so that might be something too

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I love how the solution to Yugiri is she just kinda rolls with the punches, even though she may as well be on an alien planet at this point. The Legendary Yamada Tae still remains the best though.

that honestly seems like a key skill a courtesan would have, so it checks out

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i loving lost it at the autotune joke and then immediately lost it again when they were shooting laserbeams out of their hands

and yeah the iron frill performance pretty much confirms for me the cg is a deliberate joke. i love this goddamn show

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pxhp3mxtvzQ

full op song out

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i really enjoy this episode's use of how they alternate animation styles and sound effects for romero

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
I'll note that there's 4 pairs of shoes when sakura heads out in the first episode; her own, what appear to be her mother's sandals, her dad's business leather shoes and a pair of what appear to be boys sneakers

Homura and Sickle fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Dec 8, 2018

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
tae is definitely actually awake and just like that. she's zombie 0 because she woke before zombie 1 (sakura)

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Apparently the Zombieland Saga lines are super large at Cygames fest which is really good sign

yeah this show seems to be a genuine hit and im loving glad cos this is prolly my aoty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
i ordered the bluray as kudos for actually putting effort into the new dub, should have it in a few weeks