Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Is there a reason why everyone is playing this on console?

consoles are cool. but also im just renting a copy for the weekend

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I wanna play with imps bit my real life friends only have pc...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I like the excessive autoaim for COD since its a arcadey game where people die in 0.3 seconds anyway.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
the extra budget they spent on recording a ton of sick guitar riffs was worth it

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Knuc U Kinte posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3764506&perpage=40

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

LukeVision

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Anyone else make some emblems they're proud of? unfortunately the gun paint job system seems totally broken right now unless i'm really missing something, it seems impossible to rotate the gun around and put decals on different sides of it and half the time they don't show up at all if I'm also using a skin on the weapon. very disappointing

speaking of skins though i'm well on my way to unlocking gold for the starting shotgun, I love that thing -- only got the challenge camos left to do now and most of them don't seem too bad (except for getting a bunch of 5 kill streaks with shotgun only which always psyches me out)

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

In addition to what other people have said I've already seen some clips of really obvious aimbotting on PC. Don't know what their system is like but hope they start handing out bans soon

https://v.redd.it/p4u04g576yr11/HLSPlaylist.m3u8

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

PC gaming ftw

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Apparently Activision briefly put up a blog post too early (now deleted) that confirms BOIIII won't have loot boxes, cosmetic or otherwise. There will be something called the "Supply Stream" instead which sounds like it works like Fortnite's battle pass where you have a few months to complete a series of long-term challenges and unlock specific cosmetic rewards (with season pass holders able to "skip" some challenges as a bonus) and I imagine they'll also sell some skins a la carte to give you something to do with the (currently unusable) CoD Points you got for just buying the game. But no more supply drops and no more loot boxes . I know Fortnite isn't very popular here but it's done really well for itself with a "zero loot box" model and I hope other major devs continue to catch wind of it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

goferchan posted:

I know Fortnite isn't very popular here but it's done really well for itself with a "zero loot box" model and I hope other major devs continue to catch wind of it.

They probably don't have a choice, seeing as how more and more countries are making lootboxes outright illegal

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’m gonna play this on pc with all the Chinese hackers.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

They probably don't have a choice, seeing as how more and more countries are making lootboxes outright illegal

Ya this too 👆

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Is this actually happening? Is it considered gambling or something

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

yes, theyre banned in belgium https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-04-25-now-belgium-declares-loot-boxes-gambling-and-therefore-illegal

everyone updated their games to take them out in begium, except ea who is calling their bluff. and other countries and some states were talking about doing the same. plus, battlefront 2 was a huge flop because of the bad loot boxes perception

so everyones backing off right now

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Unexpected Raw Anime posted:

Yeah belgium and I think a couple other european countries have banned it outright for that reason. Nowhere huge but keep in mind that FIFA is enormous there and it's also probably the most egregious of the loot box p2w games by a big publisher

edit: ah maybe just belgium so far but yeah other places are considering. it

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
instead of making a version of fifa19 without lootboxes, ea is releasing a belgium only version of fifa 18 with an updated roster, because they want all the fifa fans there to blame their government lmao

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

elf help book posted:

plus, battlefront 2 was a huge flop because of the bad loot boxes perception

so everyones backing off right now

I know I’m probably the only person in this forum dumb enough to have bought Battlefront 2 so for those who aren’t aware, your progression in MP was literally lootbox-based. You improved your classes by equipping star cards with new abilities or bonuses, which weren’t really any different than equipping perks or new gadgets in any other create-a-class mode. But the number of cards you could equip on a class was based on your class level. Your class level was purely based on how many cards you had for that class. The only way to get cards was in loot boxes.

A few months ago they completely redid it to a standard XP-based system, where you just bought whichever cards you wanted with skill points earned by leveling up, but that was like 6 months after launch. I think lootboxes were removed entirely.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Man, everybody’s so good at this game already. I’m struggling to stay above 0.5 while every match has at least two people who are 8.0 or more

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Man, everybody’s so good at this game already. I’m struggling to stay above 0.5 while every match has at least two people who are 8.0 or more

KD counts assists as well as kills now so in team modes 8.0 isn't as high as it looks. As for your 0.5.....

edit: are you on ps4? feel free to add me at mattnotgeorge if you are, i really want blackout buddies

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

KD counts assists as well as kills now so in team modes 8.0 isn't as high as it looks. As for your 0.5.....

edit: are you on ps4? feel free to add me at mattnotgeorge if you are, i really want blackout buddies

No, I’m on Xbox. Going to play solo until I learn not to embarrass myself. I think I just need to learn the maps, I don’t know any of them yet and I mainly just turn around a corner and get owned immediately without even a chance to return fire

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

No, I’m on Xbox. Going to play solo until I learn not to embarrass myself. I think I just need to learn the maps, I don’t know any of them yet and I mainly just turn around a corner and get owned immediately without even a chance to return fire

Playing Hardcore for a little while really helps me learn the maps better just because you're forced to rely on your gut and anticipate enemy spawns and routes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

instead of making a version of fifa19 without lootboxes, ea is releasing a belgium only version of fifa 18 with an updated roster, because they want all the fifa fans there to blame their government lmao

jesus christ

Gomiboy
Dec 24, 2003

GT: RapapaiMeBrudda

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I like zombie mode - how everyone has to work together and figure out the Easter eggs and secrets to finish the mode is really fun. You can tell a lot of love was put into this life, especially this year

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

I like zombie mode - how everyone has to work together and figure out the Easter eggs and secrets to finish the mode is really fun. You can tell a lot of love was put into this life, especially this year

The bots are also incredibly competent too. I didn't want to jump into a public game not knowing what I was doing and mess everyone up but the bots easily carried me long enough to unlock all the map areas and figure out the weapon and power up spawns and stuff

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

I still can’t figure out how to finish the mode lol. I think you have to ring the 4 gongs and put the champion blood in the altar... I’m still looking for pack-a-punch too. Although I love the Roman colosseum theme for sure. I’ve been playing the healer a lot.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ah I've only played the one on the Titanic except for briefly checking out IX. Still not sure what exactly I'm looking for there but I think I've figured out how to access all the areas, there's a lot of tricky stuff you need to swim underwater to find too. There's like a bathtub that you can fill with blood by killing zombies in the room above it but i have no idea what doing so does

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
The ‘story’ for the game is kind of neat, even though it requires you to do a bunch of boring bot matches to get everything... it shows how the overreaching WaW/BO1/BO2 story is actually connected to BO3’s because of THE N U M B E R S

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

Well I made it to round 19 and figured out a lot of Easter eggs too. Got the sword and shield and figured out how to do challenges too. Game is badass

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I played a bunch of blackout last night with a pubg friend who has never played a cod and it was cool as hell listening to him get mega frustrated at the speed of the game.

Heaps of crashes were really annoying though. The worst one was a game where we went to the docks immediately and no one else was there and it was the middle of the circle. There was some big crate with a load of guns including a machine gun with attachments in every slot. Just as the circle started shrinking in I got booted to the lobby.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
I’ll never know what the Zombies Laboratory screen/menu looks like because it insta-crashes my xbox every time

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

One thing that’s cool is that if there’s a network problem when you boot the game, there’s no way to quit via a menu. You legit have to alt tab out of the game.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Edit: oh wait there is but it’s behind the obnoxious server down message so you have to click ok and then quickly click quit to desktop in the millisecond before the error pops up again

Fargield
Sep 27, 2008

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I need to redo my Battlefield emblem

lmfao

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Haven't slept since release..... shot of my battle station

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’m gonna make this again but Vegeta.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

goferchan posted:

Haven't slept since release..... shot of my battle station

That’s it? Pffft. Check this out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I’m gonna make this again but Vegeta.

Dope. This isn't mine but it's the sickest i've seen yet

• Locked thread