Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I bought the game. Now to clear 100GB of space

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

I bought the game. Now to clear 100GB of space

I don't know wtf is up with how the installs and stuff work with this game because to download the patch that dropped an hour ago it made me clear 50GB of space but the patch is only 8GB.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

goferchan posted:

I don't know wtf is up with how the installs and stuff work with this game because to download the patch that dropped an hour ago it made me clear 50GB of space but the patch is only 8GB.

It has to have lots of extra room to overwrite the data you’ve already installed, I think. Xbox and PC are like that too

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I remember getting to the point where I just stopped playing Payday 2 entirely because there were updates for it every week or so and I kept having to delete stuff to make room for the 60 or so free gigs it needed every single time.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

goferchan posted:

Also it looks like everything new they add to the game will have a 1-week exclusitivity window on PS4 lol. That's just short enough that it's infuriating , I hate that poo poo

Sony Stays Paying

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

goferchan posted:

https://blog.activision.com/t5/Call-of-Duty/Call-of-Duty-Black-Ops-4-The-Black-Market-Customization-and/ba-p/10876185

Get those wallets ready soldiers . Also it looks like everything new they add to the game will have a 1-week exclusitivity window on PS4 lol. That's just short enough that it's infuriating , I hate that poo poo

lol this is the pettiest poo poo

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

it's been
one week since you looked at me
dropped your eyes to the side and said
"ps4 exclusivity"

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Played a couple TDM matches. I don’t understand why I’m still so bad at COD lol

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

FactsAreUseless posted:

it's been
one week since you looked at me
dropped your eyes to the side and said
"ps4 exclusivity"

lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Pablo Nergigante posted:

a lot of cod skill is map knowledge, and knowing where players tend to pop out of and being ready for that. it can feel lovely at first, the other day i had a GB stream on in the back and jeff scored a few 3-42s in his first rounds lol

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

I’m still used to the really fast TTK from older games, in WWII’s Free-for-all I’d almost always be in the top 3, but every time I try FFA in this I get my rear end kicked.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Pablo Nergigante posted:

with fast paced games it’s all about knowing the maps

I feel the same way every time I start a new shooter, especially if it’s one that’s already been out for a while, then eventually it just starts clicking

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

I’m still used to the really fast TTK from older games, in WWII’s Free-for-all I’d almost always be in the top 3, but every time I try FFA in this I get my rear end kicked.

The acoustic sensor is really really good, especially in FFA (it doesn't just make sounds louder like it says in the description, it also puts a directional indicator on your minimap when people are being noisy nearby). I'm really bad at aiming in straight up duels and the higher TTK makes that even worse so I have to get my kills from flanking people. Also PS4 friends i'm about to log on for the night

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Goddamn I love zombie mode

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Goddamn I love zombie mode

Yeah it finally clicked for me after trying it out in a bunch of installments. I might pick up that standalone thing they released last year with every single Zombies map from the old treyarch games all in one or whatever it was

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This game is sick now that the pc problems I have are gone. I spent all morning playing control by myself with a huge hangover and it cured me.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I bought this game for blackout but the regular multi is way better.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I am so awful at this game but it feels good seeing random experience milestones pop up on the screen every now and then. My muscle memory in aiming in overwatch isn't really helping me out here. Or perhaps everyone got extremely good at cod since I last played advanced warfare

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This game is sick now that the pc problems I have are gone. I spent all morning playing control by myself with a huge hangover and it cured me.

About to try this, it better work

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Oh good, this game has a one-hit kill sniper rifle that you can put ACOGs and holo sights on too :rolleyes:

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

My solo drop tip: jump out immediately as the jump option appears and glide all the way to the farthest possible named location.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Ah the Cowards Drop.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

My solo drop tip: jump out immediately as the jump option appears and glide all the way to the farthest possible named location.

The map is so small and the wingsuit so epic that there’s always someone else there.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I’m having horrible frame rate issues with blackout so I haven’t been playing it.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The map is so small and the wingsuit so epic that there’s always someone else there.

Then you kill them

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I’m having horrible frame rate issues with blackout so I haven’t been playing it.

pc gaming win

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Lumpy the Cook posted:

Then you kill them

I can’t because my frame rate drops to 10 whenever another person is within a mile of me.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Blackout’s really good but I wish the map was a little bigger because sometimes it feels a little too fast-paced. No matter where you land there’s always 3 other people dropping right on top of you. It’s the only BR where I’ve managed to die before even finding a gun, and I managed to do that twice in a row Friday because somebody else beat me to the first building I landed next to, got the gun first, and was waiting for me

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I think the map size as it is is probably comparable to, like, Fortnite (where you can usually find a spot with some peace and quiet if that's what you want) but the wingsuit is incredibly powerful so the initial helicopter path doesn't really mean poo poo, you can drop wherever you want on the map any time. I'd hate to have them nerf the wingsuit because it's really fun and takes some skill to use so yeah I hope they actually stretch out the map a little bit instead of just filling in the blank spots

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

My god, this game is actually good.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Yeah I prestiged in MP today and now I'm gonna take a break lol but I had a really fun journey there. I want to find an actual group to play Zombies with because I'm figuring out some of the tricks but I get overwhelmed solo by like round 17 or 18 usually

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

My first time getting in to the whole battle royal genre. Really fun when you get coordinated teammates.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

blackout is fun

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I can’t wait to unlock dual saugs and pwn everyone.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I tried out zombie mode and it was really fun. I'm a big fan of the dialogue and the crazy scenarios it puts you in

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://www.reddit.com/r/CODZombies/comments/9qt560/oct_23_update_black_market_progression_network/

Sounds like they fixed whatever memory leak problem that PCucks were having. I gotta say, I guess you could frame it as a bad thing, but I'm pretty impressed that they've patched the game literally every single day since release. It launched with some issues but that's some good commitment to resolving them (and it's not been the kind of patch you need to download it's just an in-client settings adjustment thing that takes 5 seconds to do at launch)

Gomiboy
Dec 24, 2003

Heist is way more fun than I’d thought it would be. I just wish it would have an info window for some of the stuff you can buy. I haven’t played MP since 4 so I think I waste money.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Gun Game is back , hell yes

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Omfg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

Gun Game is back , hell yes

Gun Game ftw. Is it permanent