Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Pakled posted:

Northwestern will win by a lot more than that

i regret to inform you northwestern is going to win in Overtime

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmellsLikeToast
Dec 30, 2005

A GREATER MAN THAN I DESERVE

PostNouveau posted:

| |
(| |)
| |
| ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄|
WE
WANT
BAMA
|___________|

Mine worked better. :colbert:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

SmellsLikeToast posted:

Mine worked better. :colbert:

Yours was so bad I had to do my own :colbert:

Didn't even have the sign on the bottom.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

i regret to inform you northwestern is going to win in Overtime

Rutgers had 3 more passing yards than INTs last week

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

MourningView posted:

Rutgers had 3 more passing yards than INTs last week

But they did not have a single incompletion.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Baylor and Texas Tech couldn't find a date that worked to play at Cowboys Stadium next year, so they'll play a home and home in 2019-20. Hope they keep it that way- with a few exceptions, neutral site games are bullshit.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

General Dog posted:

Baylor and Texas Tech couldn't find a date that worked to play at Cowboys Stadium next year, so they'll play a home and home in 2019-20. Hope they keep it that way- with a few exceptions, neutral site games are bullshit.

Good. I worry about Jerryworld getting too many college games. They might come after the Shootout again.

Like, I know it would rule to see Texas and OU play a second time in a year, but I'm also wary of a Texas-OU Big 12 title game at Jerryworld.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Penn State remains a cesspool.

Also, Joe knew.

wa27
Jan 15, 2007

I can't decide if this is funny or sad:

Lou Holtz and Mark May have been doing a college football show all season, but almost no one is watching
https://awfulannouncing.com/online-outlets/lou-holtz-and-mark-may-new-show-no-viewers.html

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

wa27 posted:

Lou Holtz and Mark May have been doing a college football show all season, but almost no one is watching
https://awfulannouncing.com/online-outlets/lou-holtz-and-mark-may-new-show-no-viewers.html
God who thought anybody wanted that

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

wa27 posted:

Lou Holtz is a huge MAGA chud, so the answer is funny.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

wa27 posted:

It's pathetic.

No one is going to go out of their way to watch Sylvester the Cat and a moody blowhard debate college football. Let's face it, these halftime shows are almost always pure filler material.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

This doesn't really have anything to do with Penn State though

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

General Dog posted:

This doesn't really have anything to do with Penn State though
I disagree on the basis that it's clearly targeted at truthers who care more about a win total and standing up to those bullies in the NCAA than whether a candidate is actually a good person.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

UNT/UAB might be the CUSA game of the season.Its on beIN sports, a channel nobody gets

loving great job CUSA

I also have no idea how UAB is good

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

UNT/UAB might be the CUSA game of the season.Its on beIN sports, a channel nobody gets

loving great job CUSA

I also have no idea how UAB is good

They've had beIN sports tents all over UAB's campus at every event this year, and every time I see them I remember that it somehow exists.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Kentucky WR Zy’Aire Hughes is averaging infinite yards per catch.

quote:

Hughes’ statistical anomaly comes thanks to the Wildcats’ trick-play touchdown in the week-three win over Murray State.

Running back Benny Snell took the snap out of the “wildcat” formation and pitched ahead to quarterback Terry Wilson, who was running in motion behind the line of scrimmage from where he was lined up as a wide receiver. Wilson then handed off to Hughes on a reverse, and the McCracken County graduate streaked the opposite direction for a 43-yard touchdown.

Snell was credited with a touchdown pass on the play, Wilson with a reception for minus-six yards and Hughes with 49 receiving yards and a touchdown but no catch.

It is the only offensive touch of Hughes’ career to date.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

General Dog posted:

Wasn't about a date, I think that both sides wanted to take it back to the campuses. The money lost in not having the home game was more than the money that jerry's world was paying for the neutral site.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

kayakyakr posted:

Wasn't about a date, I think that both sides wanted to take it back to the campuses. The money lost in not having the home game was more than the money that jerry's world was paying for the neutral site.

They presented it as not being able to get the scheduling to work out according to what I read, but that could just be spin on the schools’ part, I don’t know. I’m sure they don’t want to just come out and say “this thing we’ve been doing for 10 years turned out to be a stupid idea”

augias
Apr 7, 2009

This saturday i'll be tailgating at an ETS site taking the TOEFL exam from 7am to 12pm. And the joint is 35 miles from my apartment.

Excited to get home to see dan tonio work his voudou on my milk drinkin spaz coach

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Uh why are those receiving yards and not rushing yards? If the reverse was a lateral then why doesn’t it count as a reception?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

hobbesmaster posted:

Uh why are those receiving yards and not rushing yards? If the reverse was a lateral then why doesn’t it count as a reception?

I don't get this either. I have a theory but I'd rather not embarrass myself

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

hobbesmaster posted:

The initial pitch was forward so I guess that means everything that happens after that is still considered part of a passing play? How do they count yards on a hook and ladder?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thoguh posted:

The initial pitch was forward so I guess that means everything that happens after that is still considered part of a passing play? How do they count yards on a hook and ladder?

From what I can tell the same way. It's receiving yards after a pass is completed of any sort, so the lateral receiver would have x receiving yards and no receptions.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
Does this mean that there are people out there that get really salty about whether bubble screens have to be reviewed on a case by case basis to determine if they should be given pass yards or rushing yards?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think people already whine about the jet sweep type plays where the quarterback technically passes since he kinda leaves the ball up in the air in front of him so it's a 'pass' instead of a run, so probably.

I mean that's just smart play design because if you screw up the timing of the motion it's just a dead play instead of a fumble or your quarterback standing there getting drilled, but stats nerds cry about it.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the cornwoman has entered the chatroom "run the dang option"

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
meant to post this in the GDT

edit: as long as I'm here, Nebraska gonna lose by seven tomorrow

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Seaniqua posted:

How much are they gonna lose by next week?

Seaniqua
Mar 12, 2004

"We'll see how the first year goes. But people better get us now, because we're going to keep getting better and better."
thirteen

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Seaniqua posted:

Nah they're gonna win

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

northwestern has wisconsin, iowa, and loving notre dame coming up, this is the trappiest game to ever trap

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

northwestern has wisconsin, iowa, and loving notre dame coming up, this is the trappiest game to ever trap

rutgers got blown out by Kansas you big dumb baby

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

R.D. Mangles posted:

Please beat notre dame

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

MourningView posted:

rutgers got blown out by Kansas you big dumb baby

hmmm i'm trying to find an example of northwestern being heavily favored over a bad team only to lose

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

vikingstrike posted:

Please beat notre dame

northwestern will absolutely beat notre dame

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

R.D. Mangles posted:

hmmm i'm trying to find an example of northwestern being heavily favored over a bad team only to lose

they have literally never played anyone worse than this Rutgers team outside of their own scrimmages in the 80s

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
well unlv decided to make it interesting near the end, but they are still unlv.

the game against san jose state is going to show whether unlv gets another victory for the rest of the season

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
If Northwestern comes out really flat, could Rutgers complete maybe 5 or 6 passes for the game? That would be pretty humiliating for the Wildcats

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011
Yeah, this is an historically bad Rutgers team, which is really saying something.

• Locked thread