Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

General Dog posted:

What’s wrong with Oklahoma State?

It's in oklahoma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
sit tua vs tennessee we can beat them by 20 with jalen

tia

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

General Dog posted:

What’s wrong with Oklahoma State?

They lost most of their OL, a 3 year starter at QB and the best WR in the Big XII. Supposed to be a down year for them

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Michigan :toot: Dare I dream that they run the table between now and Ohio State?

Not after next week bitch

This wasn't the best win of Mark Dantonio's career but in the end it may be the most Dantonio win of all time. MSU played like absolute dogshit on offense and great on defense except for two gigantic plays. All of the good players are injured except for Felton Davis, who basically won it singlehandedly and who himself got shaken up before catching the game-winning touchdown. The offensive line was on its sixth different starting five of the season. There were a million fumbles and dropped interceptions, weird officiating calls, a fake punt, a halfback pass, and a fake field goal to a 300-pound d-lineman that very nearly worked. The only thing missing was a weather event.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Sab0921 posted:

They lost most of their OL, a 3 year starter at QB and the best WR in the Big XII. Supposed to be a down year for them

They just seem to be bottoming out lower than usual. KSU is a pretty dismal loss

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Roasted Donut posted:

Seven years later and the child rape is every bit as comical.

:lol: your program covered up decades of insitutionalized child rape, suffered no consequences, and proceeded to throw it down the memory hole--just take the W, dude.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Probably Magic posted:

Checking in to say LOL West Virginia.

I'm afraid your check has come back positive.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Roasted Donut posted:

Seven years later and the child rape is every bit as comical.

Penn State should have gotten the death penalty so just be happy you have a team.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Proteus Jones posted:

The fact you think we’re being “comical” is almost as disgusting as an athletic department conspiring for years to cover up the defilement and destruction of children’s innocence and trust.

JoPa burns in hell.

You're talking to the wrong person about Joe Paterno. Also the wrong forum for not continuously making poor, boring, uninspired, lazy jokes at the expense of children being brutally and horrifically raped for decades for the purpose of white noise cred.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Scionix posted:

sit tua vs tennessee we can beat them by 20 with jalen

tia

same

Jalen is also night and day vs last year when it comes to ball placement and giving passes some touch

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.

General Dog posted:

They just seem to be bottoming out lower than usual. KSU is a pretty dismal loss

They just got Snyder'd - happens to everyone now and then

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
look, whos team HASNT covered up child rape for like, 10, 20 years

hell, michigan state did it too yall

at the end of the day, dont we all have a little bit of child predator in us?

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

Roasted Donut posted:

children being brutally and horrifically raped

Imagine writing this and still supporting the institution that not only made it possible but was complicit

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Roasted Donut posted:

You're talking to the wrong person about Joe Paterno. Also the wrong forum for not continuously making poor, boring, uninspired, lazy jokes at the expense of children being brutally and horrifically raped for decades for the purpose of white noise cred.

You support a team whose success was built on ignoring child rape, my dude. It doesn't matter how boring or lazy the jokes are.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Raku posted:

same

Jalen is also night and day vs last year when it comes to ball placement and giving passes some touch

yeah and maybe theyll start GIVING NAJEE THE loving BALL

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
How long till they make Jay Paterno head coach?

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

big trivia FAIL posted:

Imagine writing this and still supporting the institution that not only made it possible but was complicit

Fortunately everyone responsible is dead, in jail, or long since fired,

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

There is zero point in litigating this all again.

big trivia FAIL
May 9, 2003

"Jorge wants to be hardcore,
but his mom won't let him"

General Dog posted:

There is zero point in litigating this all again.

What about groadie jars? Can we talk about that?

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD
i mean if im being personally honest with you guys i can only get so mad at like, the abstract evil of penn state, versus how loving incredibly broken and obnoxious A&M fans are, that I am forced to interact with in real life

like if they said "you can only choose one, PSU goes away or A&M goes 0-11 every year and hires a new old white man to talk about 'fundamentals' every season"

I'm probably taking the A&M option

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Henchman of Santa posted:

Not after next week bitch

Ugh I know it's going to happen too, I'm pretty sure Dantonio is an android fueled solely by his hatred of Michigan.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

GUYS

guys....

Georgia lost today. By 20. To Ed Orgeron.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

big trivia FAIL posted:

What about groadie jars? Can we talk about that?

I would much rather talk about that

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

LeeMajors posted:

GUYS

guys....

why does everyone forget about steve esminger

its like losing to monte kiffin or some poo poo

its hilarious

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

LeeMajors posted:

GUYS

guys....

This is a very important point.

Also, ISU humiliated WVU.

Let’s all focus on the good.

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide

Scionix posted:

yeah and maybe theyll start GIVING NAJEE THE loving BALL

Najee hasn't done poo poo dude, Jacobs and Damien have done way more with their carries while Najee dances in the backfield

I'd like to see them try some swing passes to him though like Henry in 13/14

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

C-Euro posted:

Ugh I know it's going to happen too, I'm pretty sure Dantonio is an android fueled solely by his hatred of Michigan.

I believe it was Marquis de Pyro who called him a "hate golem" and it's really stuck with me as the best descriptor

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

LeeMajors posted:

GUYS

guys....

If you watched Georgia at all this year it really wasn't too surprising. THey've been a paper tiger all year. They need to start Fields from here on out

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

but man we have got to fix whatever is wrong with the offense.

Inability to switch up the game plan when something isn't working. Getting predictable on attempts to run up the middle when the line isn't getting any movement. Continuing to run constant long developing pass plays when the DL is getting pressure. Not actually knowing what a slant route or any quick route to beat the blitz is.

Spavital isn't exactly a great OC, but it's a Holgorsen and really a Mike Leach and discliples issue of always thinking "the gameplan doesn't need changed the players just need to run it better," also getting too emotional and flustered if they're trailing early.

Evrart Claire fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 14, 2018

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

Raku posted:

Najee hasn't done poo poo dude, Jacobs and Damien have done way more with their carries while Najee dances in the backfield

I'd like to see them try some swing passes to him though like Henry in 13/14

you mustve watched a different game than i did i guess

naje had same ypc as damien and the O-line straight up did not block for 3 of his runs

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Roasted Donut posted:

If you watched Georgia at all this year it really wasn't too surprising. THey've been a paper tiger all year. They need to start Fields from here on out

I never said it was surprising. I did imply it was sexually exciting.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

I believe it was Marquis de Pyro who called him a "hate golem" and it's really stuck with me as the best descriptor

Calling him an android or a hate golem imply that Dantonio was constructed by the hands of mortal men and that he didn't just coalesce from the ether by force of bitterness or glowered a hole between the universes and entered timelines where he wasn't born to take them over.

Scionix
Oct 17, 2009

hoog emm xDDD

LeeMajors posted:

I never said it was surprising. I did imply it was sexually exciting.

you were such a sourpuss at the beginning of the season :allears:

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

All the teams I cared about won, all the teams I absolutely despise lost, a whole ton of ranked teams went down, AND you could pick nearly any one of them and it was a good, tense, exciting game. A hell of a Saturday. Praise Xort

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
This was supposed to be a boring week too

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

Ah, one more!

Scionix posted:

you were such a sourpuss at the beginning of the season :allears:

The Saban Era of Dominance has been hard on me, it's true.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/CollegeGameDay/status/1051315522111967232

wheez :smith:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

This was supposed to be a boring week too

the OP of the GDT posted:

This isn't a very sexy week in college football. What this actually means is that there will be big upsets. 

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Someone should show up with a pole and a We Want Bama sign

• Locked thread