Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Meanwhile somewhere in the Big 10...

quote:

Rutgers threw two completions and five interceptions, making it the first team since at least 1996 to have three more INTs than completions.

The Scarlet Knights finished 2-for-17 for eight yards and five interceptions in a 34-7 loss to Maryland. Rutgers quarterback Artur Sitkowski entered Saturday with an FBS-most 11 interceptions. He threw four more against the Terrapins. The last non-option team with at least two more interceptions than completions in a game was Duke against Virginia Tech in 2008 (two completions, four interceptions).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Henchman of Santa posted:

I can't see over an offensive line but my decision making would be better. I would probably get sacked and fumble three times before being pulled.

Line me up in the shotgun and I'm not getting sacked.

Every play would be intentional grounding because I'd immediately spike the ball which isn't legal unless you're under center. Line me up under center and I'm definitely fumbling every snap though.

e: oooh, line me up in the gun with a running back beside me. I feel like I could spike the ball at his feet pretty well as long as he was only a couple of feet away.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Raku posted:

Saban saying Tua would probably be closer to a hundred percent this week than he was for Mizzou probably helped

Oh, I saw earlier this week that Missouri forcing that punt in the third quarter made your punter come in for the 5th game this season.

Take that Bama, you can't redshirt your apparently really lovely punter anymore.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Seaniqua posted:

I'd say the only issue is that the other guy is wearing a helmet

Scarf posted:

You can catch the chin just fine w/ a helmet on.

Yeah that's why this is my favorite football punch. It's effective, it's the only one that actually would be effective to the head, and it's delivered really well.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

Lol that guy isn't crumbling he's flopping. You can see him push off backwards with his legs to draw the (completely legit) flag and ejection.

It's hard to knock out a guy in one punch. He both caught him and he flopped. Which doesn't mean it isn't the best football punch since so many of them are utterly useless.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Thoguh posted:

The initial pitch was forward so I guess that means everything that happens after that is still considered part of a passing play? How do they count yards on a hook and ladder?

From what I can tell the same way. It's receiving yards after a pass is completed of any sort, so the lateral receiver would have x receiving yards and no receptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think people already whine about the jet sweep type plays where the quarterback technically passes since he kinda leaves the ball up in the air in front of him so it's a 'pass' instead of a run, so probably.

I mean that's just smart play design because if you screw up the timing of the motion it's just a dead play instead of a fumble or your quarterback standing there getting drilled, but stats nerds cry about it.

• Locked thread