Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Of course, getting a band together is exactly what we needed to do to unlock the Overseer's song. Going to have a very interesting conversation with a witch after this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

really queer Christmas posted:

I knew that Ash was supposed to be non-binary, but I could have sworn I saw someone in-game refer to them as he. I went back and... I guess I made that up? Either way, I went back over and changed the pronouns to be gender neutral. There shouldn't be any other gendered pronouns for Ash, but if I missed any let me know.

Also, there may be a part in the future that requires us to create our own... songs. As I am very bad at this and created some hot garbage my first go through, I'm taking any suggestions you guys have. The notes just have to be on the color wheel, so here's a video to demonstrate that if you're unfamiliar with what it sounds like. I'll take any submission, as no submissions means... I'm coming up with them *cue gasps of horror*

Huh. Is that Aeolian mode? Odd for a dancin' man to break a whole-tone scale on the natural minor.

Anyhow, assuming my ear hasn't gone tin, if you want something classic you can do Sweet Molly Malone pretty easy.

NE - SW SW SW - SW SE SW - S S S - S E S - NE SE SW - NE SE SW - NW S SW - W (hold)

NE - SW SW SW - SW SE SW - S S S - S E S - NE SE SW - NE SE SW - S SW S - SW (hold)

Anybody else out there who wants to try something, it looks like the Bard's scale is in B minor.

...oh, hah, that's great.

SW W SW NE - W W SW NW - SW W SW NE - W W SW SW - SW W SW NE - E SE E SE SW - W SW SE S

Glazius fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 25, 2018

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
That's the second overseer who's been acting kinda weird. I imagine everyone's feeling a little out of sorts since the world is going to end.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

I actually found out about this while recording the Performance at the crazy raven. When I was having bard duck, I noticed his singing was deeper. You can do some fantastic things with it, like so:

Oh, cool, looks like a clean octave jump! Pop a squat on the first note of each line of Sweet Molly Malone, then, I was just shifting it to fit into what I thought was the only place it could.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's just as well, I suppose. I don't think Bard could bring himself to kill anything, even indirectly with moving platforms.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's odd that Miriam isn't even coming into these spirit worlds with us. I wonder why. I mean, we can lead pretty much anybody in song.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh! Well, that answers my question about Miriam, at least.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Inject that sweet Paper Mario sidestory segment directly into my veins.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Or, and hear me out here, we could put that voice that out-shouted a yeti to some real use, eh Bard? Eh? A little of the old Lok Vah Koor?

Yeah, I know, it ain't time yet.

After all this time, I wonder why Bard left and why he settled down where he did. Or was he even settled? Who's to say he didn't just wake up there one morning?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Maybe you can let Miriam use some magic to blow stuff up now, Bard? That'd be nice.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Miriam's probably on a different slide in the slide show. That's what I heard spinning up, right?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Man. This is not a good choice for the Overseers. So, what, the best case scenario is that someone has to get the entire planet to sing the Earthsong while suffering from one active and malicious Overseer and a whole bunch of death throes? No wonder it's never been done.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Well, things are getting pretty serious now, aren't they? Wars and monsters and all. I wonder what they think in the other country.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I suppose it's like the man says: everyone caramelldanses eventually.

Worries me that the wall came down, though. Lumbertown just had lumber walls, didn't it?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh. They killed the princess at the border. That augurs well.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Perfect thumbnail. But this is interesting, Bard being able to cooperate with witches. I suppose he could always do it but Miriam is, uh, :miriam_angry.wav:

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Miss Hero doesn't really care a lot about geopolitics, does she?

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I can see how this chapter was the protogame. Moving from single notes to specific "magic phrases" and all.

...but it's weird that monsters are still rampaging in Delphi after the overseer but it. I guess Miss Hero, for all her faults, isn't on a genocide run.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Bard looks so happy when he's done singing. Also I love that he's asking after hair care tips. Wouldn't be the same Bard otherwise.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Moonscape: contemplative, full of fun gravity poo poo. Sunscape: BIG EYEBEAST IS WATCHING YOU.

Sun Overseer must have been out of it for a while.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Bard's really come a long way, hasn't he? Though I wonder why none of the monks have heard about the Earthsong. I suppose after however many failed attempts it was, Eya stopped talking about it, and Rainbow Girl was just trying to be nice on her way to find the hero who could end the world.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

We've arrived at the final act. The world is ending, our friends are all depressed, and there is so very little hope that we'll all make it even one more hour.

Merry Christmas!!

Well, that's what Christmas piggybacked on, didn't it? The sun is as dim as it'll ever get and everything's frozen. The year is dead, and we can only hope a new one will be born.

Bard's got hope, at least. And bugs. Can't forget bugs.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
It's amazing, the kind of effects you can create with just a bunch of circles. Nightmare King, boil on into the next one.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Yeah, given how much of an instrument Bard is, I can see how there'd be a lot of people singin' it up with him in game.

Also, hey, he's part of an exclusive apocalypse survivors club now, along with Kirby!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Math has proven it, Wandersong is goaty
I have some sad news: Wandersong is not impossibly great, but merely great beyond the dreams of man.

https://twitter.com/Wandersong_game/status/1082794753496965120

That said, they have all my attention for a dog that draws.