Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Fenrir posted:

Why in the hell are there 9 games at 1 and only 3 games at 4? Just makes no sense, especially having Seahawks/Raiders as one of the early ones. Two west coast teams, I know, let's have them play at 10AM local! :ughh:

I mean if they had them play the late start that's like a 9PM London start time isn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, that extra point curve ball from the Chargers kicker. I guess it was good though, so cutting the punter must have worked.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Fenrir posted:

Still, that's a whole lot of early games.... why isn't it split more like 7/5 instead of 9/3?

CBS and Fox like to treat the later games as mini-features. Like their version of SNF or MNF or whatever.

It's incredibly dumb and I wish they'd change.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm kinda jealous of the Browns running backs. Like, all of them are good. Imagine them on a team with a good line.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

I'm looking for him in the slot today, he expressed interest in switching to WR.

How has EJ Gaines been for you guys out of curiosity? I always liked him in college, but that might just be me being a homer.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Oh God Baker limping off after a run.

He slipped on the first down marker.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Grittybeard posted:

Oh God Baker limping off after a run.

Well limping back to the huddle, he ran a qb sneak right after that.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
It seems incredibly dumb for any DB to wear yellow gloves.

Like it just makes it easier for the ref to see if you're getting handsy.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Man that sure looked like a hold on Garret and it was close to being in the end zone.

e: Oh they did call it, just wasn't in the end zone I guess.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Flikken posted:

All drops are killing me

Can I interest you in a play where the WR just reads the ball wrong and screws up a TD instead?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Almost looked like he decided to not throw the ball and couldn't stop himself or something.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I think that bad throwback by Allen saved Rivers from a huge hit by Garret anyway on that play.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Now is not the time to ask a gimpy Baker Mayfield to run a few times Mr. Announcer.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
What were the Chargers thinking of trying there?

It's 3rd and 6, not like third and one, and Rivers was motioning out wide.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was a loving false start on the Chargers.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I mean that wasn't even close, wtf?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'd forgotten that Jamaal Charles signed with the Jags this week. Wonder if he gets any playing time later on.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ummagumma posted:

Throwing back across the field with a jump pass :stare:

This sounds like something Tebow would have done in the 4th quarter that one year and it would take forever to get to get there but somehow work because the entire defense lost their minds.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pasaluki posted:

just kidding JJ has an awesome cabin

I hear it's really spartan, just out there with nothing but nature and no amenities at all.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
If the saseliminator site isn't lying to me the Browns were actually favored today.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Nice tackle by...huh...Marcus Peters there.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It'll be a TD on the next play but what is with these announcers missing what could have been called a facemask which means he's down on like the quarter yard line?

e: Oh maybe it won't be, did they call Sanders for taunting? I just saw the whole thing on replay.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I'm starting to think this Todd Gurley guy might be pretty good.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Qwijib0 posted:

ugh, the jags

I don't expect the offense to be good right now but I expected more out of the defense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
That was at least a creative version of it but it was still a 'draw them offside' play so gently caress off with that poo poo McVay.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Haha, that was actually a really nice and creative play by Bortles. So of course it didn't work.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
I don't like Bradley Chubb starting to figure things out.

I also don't like Shane Ray, the only Bronco that I like, going down again.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

3 DONG HORSE posted:

do you lik ehim because he's bad

Oh my god it's Chad Kelly if you want bad.

I think Ray could be good if he wasn't perpetually injured. But I mainly like him because of the tattoo (plus the Mizzou thing).

e: I meant that as in omg Chad Kelly is coming in and I expect him to be bad, I am not a fan of his.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

The Little Kielbasa posted:

What happened to the jags

Defense gave up after watching Bortles last week is as good of an explanation as I can come up with.

Well for that side of the ball, they're injured as hell on an already...shall we politely say questionable offense.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Dangerllama posted:

I’m not gonna lie I may have fallen asleep for the last 45 minutes. Is Vance still our head coach?

You missed a very exciting moment when Chad Kelly came in to kneel out the half.

Then Keenum came back in after halftime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Shame it's not 20-14 now, huh Emmanuel?

• Locked thread