Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How is that bank fraud? There's no laws against having multiple bank accounts, and I really doubt the US government gives a poo poo about you paying whatever GFM's fees are. At most it might be a GFM TOS violation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Relax it was a joke jfc

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Ror posted:

Someone just donated 18k to it. I don't know if it's funnier/more pathetic that someone is stuffing the ballot box that hard or if some insane person actually believes in CG to the tune of thousands of dollars.

It wouldn't surprise me if there was some bitcoin superstar libertarian who's determined to keep this hustle rolling 'til the bitterest of all possible ends, or if some hedge-fund schmuck is pushing it forward dark-money style.

There are enough conspicuously rich right-wing shitheads in the world right now that EVS donating five-digit sums to himself at a loss doesn't strike me as the most likely scenario here.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Ror posted:

Someone just donated 18k to it. I don't know if it's funnier/more pathetic that someone is stuffing the ballot box that hard or if some insane person actually believes in CG to the tune of thousands of dollars.

Maybe the Koch brothers see it as an angel investment.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Endless Mike posted:

How is that bank fraud? There's no laws against having multiple bank accounts, and I really doubt the US government gives a poo poo about you paying whatever GFM's fees are. At most it might be a GFM TOS violation.

it's not a crime per se, but I could definitely see it being investigated as possible laundering

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lunatic Sledge posted:

it's not a crime per se, but I could definitely see it being investigated as possible laundering
Can't wait to find out EVS has been dealing drugs on the side.

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013
Dorks like him don't know how to buy aspirin.

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

ryonguy posted:

Dorks like him don't know how to buy aspirin.

Sure they do.

Just gotta ask Mom to pick some up for them.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well i guess that's one way to spin this

https://twitter.com/GailSimone/status/1058110584204521472?s=19

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Why does no one know what fascism means.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

CharlestheHammer posted:

Do they not know, or do they just find it rhetorically convenient to pretend not to know?

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 38 hours!
Fallen Rib

CharlestheHammer posted:

I think they have been taught that fascism is bad, but they like what fascism brings to the table so they have decided that anything they don't like has to be fascism.

Example: like a strong leader using the military to beat up people with a different skin colour = not fascism. Saying maybe people with different skin colour than you is actually still a human being and should be treated accordingly = fascism.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/1058124477131776000

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Looks like Dickie is purging his Twitter. Figure his lawyer finally took a look at his socials.

https://twitter.com/SSJLarryDavid/status/1058345444802146304

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
looks like it's probably because of this

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1058501901258551306

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

love too spend my friday night reading legal docs

Seriously, I'm reading it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
Would you mind providing a short summary?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
i guess it's just a motion to dismiss on jurisdiction grounds but contains quotes from a lot of lovely tweets dickies made, i havent read it all myself

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
I'm at work right now so I can't read it, but is it as wonderous as when that Canadian judge shredded SovCits?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

i guess it's just a motion to dismiss on jurisdiction grounds but contains quotes from a lot of lovely tweets dickies made, i havent read it all myself
I read through the 21-page doc (going through the 84-page one now), and yeah, it's almost entirely just a motion to dismiss based on that Dickie filed in Texas which has no jurisdiction over Waid since he doesn't live or work there, owns no property, and does no business specifically in Texas while both his and Dickie's posts have been directed to general audiences, not specifically to Texas. There's some discussion of Dickie's Twitter and YouTube, but they're largely immaterial to the request. It's not actually that interesting.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Mewnie posted:

I'm at work right now so I can't read it, but is it as wonderous as when that Canadian judge shredded SovCits?

No because it's not a systematic explanation of something as insane as SovCits, its just a guy saying that Dickie sucks

poo poo it's not even as good as the Maddox lawsuit where the other guys lawyer filed a brief where he did like a bunch of acrostics spelling out cuck and making fun of the other lawyer and poo poo

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2018/11/03/alleged-kentucky-kroger-shooter-complained-about-racebending-superheroes/#.W93SskO9TVQ.twitter

quote:

Bush, who self-identified as a comic book fan and posted frequently about comics and superheroes on social media, complained about “SJW reasoning” in casting POC actors in the role of traditionally white superheroes multiple times over the past 3 years.
“In my opinion, demanding that Iron Fist should be Asian, even if it is to correct a long lasting lack of Asian American heroes, etc, is FAR more offensive,” Bush wrote. “Why? Because people are literally demanding that our hero be a racial stereotype, in a most ironic demand from people who claim to be progressive.”

This wasn’t the first time Bush expressed racial anger about superheroes. On May 24, 2015, Bush posted in response to the casting of Jaden Smith as Static Shock, “They cast a black Human Torch, why not a white Static-Shock? You know why.”

"Where is the 'White Entertainment Television' network?!" I shout as I spray bullets into a krogers :freep:

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Has anybody checked to see if he follows dickie and evs yet

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
He doesn't follow any Comicsgate people at all, really.

Scrolling through his follow list is strange.

He follows an insane number of Kentucky college athletics accounts, like probably half of the 2000+ accounts are one dedicated to or brand as big Kentucky football/basketball fans.
His third and fourth follows were Rob Liefeld and Greg Capullo.
He follows a lot of seemingly innocuous comics news sites and shops I've never heard of.
He also follows Sequart?
Other recurring themes are hip hop from the Kentucky area, "alternative country", accounts like "TwerkinIt" and "ThickChickCentral".

The only point is gets political is when he follows all of the Trumps + Mike Pence + James Woods some time in 2017 or later, since it's after he follows every possible Iron Fist official/fan account which had to have been after the show debuted.

Some time after following a ton of Iron Fist official/fan accounts, things shift to him following the entire Trump administration, James Woods, etc. But still mostly Barstool Sports style accounts about local college sports.

It looks like a lot of his comics shitposting was done on Facebook, which I think has been taken down? So maybe Twitter was mostly just where he went to complain about the Wildcats not winning and to look at Thick Chicks Twerkin It.

Edge & Christian fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Nov 3, 2018

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

:rip: Dickie's Twitter.

Sadly his YouTube account lives on.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

mallratcal posted:

:rip: Dickie's Twitter.

Sadly his YouTube account lives on.

As he will soon find out, that can be recovered for court purposes. Also, it could be argued he was destroying evidence which means they could go further in the trial if they want to.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Covok posted:

As he will soon find out, that can be recovered for court purposes. Also, it could be argued he was destroying evidence which means they could go further in the trial if they want to.

:sbahj:

AzureFlame
Nov 26, 2009

Covok posted:

You'd think with all that legitimate GoFundMe money he'd have a lawyer competent enough to tell him don't do that.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Covok posted:

No they are gone forever! And he put out a 25 minute video about how not racist/bigoted he is! (while leaving up all the other videos that prove the opposite). :tif:

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Thank you thread for again reminding me that Mark Waid is being represented by Mark Zaid.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Codependent Poster posted:

Thank you thread for again reminding me that Mark Waid is being represented by Mark Zaid.

but where are Xaid and Yaid?

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Court recorder and jury.

And soon they will combine into Judge Draid.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Well, think fast true believers, because it turns out trusty Mark Xaid was really Magneto all along!!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
anyone know who did what this time?

https://twitter.com/comicsandcola/status/1060956859056701441

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Brandon Graham, continued

https://twitter.com/CartaMonir/status/1060936256350310400

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
In lighter news, Richard Meyer's scam has produced more fruit:

https://twitter.com/MagsVisaggs/status/1061300864550346757

"Do you speak .357" is the most goddamn tryhard wannabe Tarantino line I have ever loving seen

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Those look like unfinished storyboards.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
This is actually a masterpiece of storytelling and all you sjws are just jealous haters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jesus, I remember when the stories about him first came out in *checks timeline* loving April
https://twitter.com/CartaMonir/status/983737666264059904