Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Ped Iskor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Looking forward to Ed Piskor’s forthcoming solo youtube series No Holds Barred, where he “can finally be honest,” with rotating interviews with Frank Miller, Dave Sim, Ethan Van Sciver, and the Stonetoss guy.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I don’t see how anyone could in good faith (the key distinction) see the criticism Ed Piskor got from other professionals and think that it was in any way abusive or even unfair. He could have apologized or released a statement through an attorney or just stayed completely quiet and endured another two weeks of people making fun of him online before he was old news and he probably could have even gone back to doing comics after a while. He was just incapable of being able to see that, which is not the problem of people who saw how he was lovely and selfish.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Air Skwirl posted:

I mean, I don't think suicide is ever the answer, but it seems like the accusations against Piskor weren't even that bad, right? like, just inappropriate communication with underage fans, he wasn't getting them to send him nudes and he wasn't meeting them in person, if I'm not mistaken. It's still terrible behavior but Vic Mignona for example was accused of a lot worse and he's still around

It’s not good to tell someone that you’ll help them professionally if they suck your dick, either. The contempt those women felt was well-earned, imo. Still something he could have moved on from well enough to keep making comics with a good and thoughtful apology, if not escape people laughing and jeering at him whenever he would have gotten a little wider attention.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

And Warren Ellis is able to work professionally without having to face any consequences, other than maybe he can’t find victims as easily as he could before.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Can you imagine a time when an Internet forum owned by a secretly horrible abuser could have been culturally significant? Truly a strange notion.