Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

https://twitter.com/KurtBusiek/status/1058124477131776000

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Jesus, I remember when the stories about him first came out in *checks timeline* loving April
https://twitter.com/CartaMonir/status/983737666264059904

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

mallratcal posted:

Creepy Uncle Ethan is leaving comicsgate (whatever that means) There's no way I'm going to watch his whiny 25 minute video about it, but I assume he will relaunch a darker more gritty version of it along with his teammates, Dickie and Knife Hands.

I'm just guessing, while you can damage a lot of people's careers by yelling loudly on the internet, it permanently screws you too. Like some women (and probably some male allies too) have gotten hosed by this, but there is no way on earth either of the big two or Image are going to touch EVS with a ten foot pole. However bullshit their responses have been to the whole thing, they aren't going to pay him to make comics ever.

Also he really sucks at making comics so they probably weren't going to pay him money to make them anyways.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

someone is pretty much just posting all of meyers book on twitter to tear it down

https://twitter.com/Jafleece/status/1061115342150385664

"Comic books should be apolitical" *uses the word "fag" constantly*

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

How is this half a loving page? To think we used to complain about Bendis decompressing plots.
https://twitter.com/Jafleece/status/1061116771669864449

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/Jafleece/status/1061118400053891072

Holy poo poo, I did not think people still used this term without being ironic, and even then I thought they were racist.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

An actual thing someone thought should be released to the public as a piece of art. It's like a sketch based off a light bright. Greg Land and Robert Liefeld should take this guy aside and say "Son, Maybe you shouldn't draw for a living."
https://twitter.com/Jafleece/status/1061123094125928448

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1061730367047110656

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Also, maybe we (I say we, but I didn't actually do anything besides retweet stuff from smarter and more influential people) saved cartoons and anime.

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1061785086264262656

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

mallratcal posted:

Good on Erik also lol animegate and toongate. Going to be real funny seeing full grown men crying about She-Ra.

I love people pretending they gave a poo poo about She-Ra before the new cartoon was announced. It was only on for like a year, my mom tells me I liked the show but I have no memories of it and knowing my young brain I probably thought it was just episodes of He-Man (It was off the air long after I realized Star Wars was three separate movies and not a tv show). I'm in my 30's

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Roth posted:

Good chance your mom thought it was an episode of He-Man too!

Nah, she was good about that kind of thing, never got the colors wrong with the ninja turtles headbands either.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

Hello yes Japanese creator who doesn't understand English, watch my 40 minute YouTube rant about how the anime industry that my crunchyroll account doesn't make a dent in (tho let's be honest they're pirating) has too many Asians and not enough white men

Don't most white people read the main characters in Anime as white, since Japanese animators don't use American stereotypes when animating people from their own country (because why would they)? That's what I do until they do something weird with their shoes or an actual white person shows up and I'm like "I'd call that racist, except we nuked two of their cities so they can do what they want."

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 04:03 on Nov 12, 2018

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

lol they fought against the nazis in ww2, now they fight for the rights of refugees and foreigners

EVIL

The loving monsters.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Covok posted:

Like to point out that they still say that anti-fascists defeated the Nazis. But they say that like it's a bad thing.

Thank god these books aren't political or anything. I have it on good authority political content is what's ruining comics.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

X-O posted:

One of the few rules of this thread was specifically made to keep your dumb rear end out of it and somehow you didn't comprehend that. What a goddamn moron.

It's almost exactly a month since the last time, to the hour.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Lager posted:

If you didn't see Death Ray's whole thing in the last thread, the dude was insisting that deplatforming is not the answer. What the answer is remains a mystery, as he dragged out his puppet master routine for multiple pages and kept telling everyone he'd reveal the true, foolproof method for defeating fascism, "when we're ready" for it.

Also I was told to stop saying to the obvious Nazi to "gently caress off."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I thought "trap" was slang for prostitute/hooking. Am I misremembering that amazing twitter thread that is being made into movie?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

That's good news actually, increases the likelihood of Perlmutter getting shot during a home invasion.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

In the 90's, in the middle of the AIDS crisis, Bill Maher said giving clean needles to junkies was the same as giving condoms to rapists. He's always been a poo poo head.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I shudder to think what his Sh-Ra looked like.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I love how he puts quotes around "drew" when referring to Erica Henderson's art. Like, even if you think it looks like poo poo she definitely drew it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

The only person I know is a barely left of center Liberal who loves things like Amazon building half an HQ here because they will raise the value of his rental properties.

He's correct, but it means almost everyone he knows who isn't as successful as him is hosed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Captain Rufus posted:

But I will be honest and say I came here to SA in the mid 00s because RPGnet was becoming annoyingly hard left

Jesus loving christ.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Covok posted:

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2018/11/21/bill-maher-response-stan-lee-death/

"But talk about making my point for me: Yeah, I don't know very much about Stan Lee and it certainly wasn't a swipe at Stan Lee. Yeah, fine. I am agnostic on Stan Lee,” Maher said. “I don't read comic books. I didn't even read them when I was a child. What I was saying is, a culture that thinks that comic books and comic book movies are profound meditations on the human condition is a dumb f**king culture. And for people to get mad at that just proves my point."

"This medium I have absolutely no experience with is clearly a sign of the degeneration of culture."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Covok posted:

https://twitter.com/SjwSpiderman/status/1065239289561145344?s=20

"Comics are too political!"

*reads heavy metal comic*

"Why aren't they fighting Islamic terroists?"

I like how he keeps saying "Russian Mafia" because you can tell it's the only thing he can think of as a bad guy that is white.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Blockhouse posted:

pretty sure EVS never wrote her

He probably never wrote a script featuring her, but if he was the main artist for any period of time he probably collaborated with Johns on the plotting for the book. Plus even just working off a script an artist has a lot of influence. John Byrne drawing one panel of asparagus people fundamentally altered the storyline for X-Men comics for years.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1071417642676830210?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I can't see myself boycotting a book because of the views of the colorist. Artist or writer sure.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ahahah. Guess who ranked higher than EVS in a comic power ranking

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1077254049915912195?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I do suddenly have a lot more questions about her feminist agenda.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

He's also saying it's Mark Waid's fault, though wisely keeping Waid's name out of his mouth (that's the "tortious interference" he he refers to in the last sentence).

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

It became CG's favorite term for a while. They think they're all members of the bar association now.

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Mark Waid emailing a publisher/friend (don't remember the name, the one that publishes Steam Punk Sarah Palin books) to say "hey are you sure you want to do business with someone who doxxes comic shop employees if they don't carry his book?"

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Madkal posted:

Goddammit Chuck Dixon. You used to write awesome Robin stories and now you do this. Why must you be so lovely?

Nothings come out yet, maybe he's grifting the grifters?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Teenage Fansub posted:

https://twitter.com/declanshalvey/status/1087703865162645505
'Newer' is probably like Aftershock, Black Mask and TKO. Anyone else?

They need to pull that red sharpie trick. I'm wondering if this is why that one artist shared it?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Vincent posted:

Why don't they name them? It could be libelous?

If you expose them you can't use threat of exposure as leverage to get paid. Possibly they're worried about it affecting their ability to get work at other companies, "don't hire them, the instant something doesn't go their way they'll bad mouth you to anyone who'll listen.,

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

With the move to digital do more artists ink their own stuff now?

Completely anecdotal, but the three closest issues of Marvel comics I had at hand were Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man 1, captain Marvel 1 and Conan 1, and none of them have an inker in the credits I could see, just Artist and Color Artist. Does the color artist do the inking now?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

site posted:

doing the same poo poo he did 7 months ago

rip biiiiiiiiiiiiiiitch

It's not like his time is being taken up with drawing comics, what else is he going to do?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

420 Gank Mid posted:

"DEBATE ME OR I WILL KEEP MUTILATING TOYS MADE FOR CHILDREN"
ahahahahaha

https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1090657830032625666

https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1090657831806750720
https://twitter.com/EthanVanSciver/status/1090657832586878976

"They're cowards because they won't debate me, also I won't have them on my youtube channel and blocking them on twitter."

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

joehonkie posted:

Wait, did he deliberately name a book in such a way as to intend confusion with a John Scalzi book? I'd check what the cover of his book looks like but I don't want to dig in his shitpile.

I got you covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Dawgstar posted:

I love the calling Ethan out as a liar, but also the shade at the end is subtle yet of top quality.

"I was too busy doing my job to take over the job he couldn't do."