Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It was never going to court anyways I’m sure, Dickie was always planning on backing down I’m sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Anora posted:

It also fits in with his "I'm oppressed" narrative if he loses, suddenly it's not just Waid, but the "big mean US liberal court system" that oppresses him.

Yeah that’s my guess. This whole thing is pretty much win win for him; if he backs down, Waid once again bullied him and used his wealth and industry friends to do it, and Dickie is the brave underdog who did his best and anyways here’s the new indiegogo campaign please give Dickie more money to own the libs.

It’s possible he’s dumb enough to try and ride this out and actually does manage to ride this out long enough to ruin himself, but I’m betting that his plan was to drum up support and the success of Waid’s campaign is just going to galvanize the chuds on the other side.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I kind of love the idea of there being a settlement that specifically requires Waid to publicly denounce himself as a real piece of work,

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I wonder if anyone genuinely likes iron sights. I mean not just to own the libs or whatever, but actually sits down and enjoys reading it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’d kind of figure Maher as a Frank Miller fan

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

“We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant. Wherever men and women are persecuted because of their race, religion, or political views, that place must - at that moment - become the center of the universe.”

Leftists hate centrists because being centrist is a privileged position that just helps the far right exist. Being a centrist doesn’t mean you’re a nazi, but it definitely means you’re ok with Nazis existing.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Tales, legends and fables are definitely not important to any given culture

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

EVS is a legit great artist, but he’s not distinctive at all, just good at the DC house style. Like when Allred or Burnham are drawing a book you know it right away, with EVS it could be one of dozens of competent but easily replaced artists

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Madkal posted:

I'm reading some old (1980's) Batman comics and in the issue I am at Batman is tracking down some serial killers who kill women because feminism is challenging their masculinity. They complain about how women are making men weak and such, and I am wondering if these are the comics chuds want to go back to when they say they want to go back to when comics weren't political.

Not really, like most right wing/chud stuff they want to go back to something that never actually existed

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I mixed up Homestuck and Achewood so this has been a really confusing page

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

What exactly did Cain do that was transphobic? All I can find is people calling her that for not including a trans character in Maneaters

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I guess I was reading the pronoun thing with benefit of the doubt, where it came off more as terminally liberal than anything, but yeah I can see how reading it from a trans perspective would sound like erasure. Thank you for the involved answer, it did help

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Covok posted:

And yeah Dick Meyers still sued. That's where the money went, most likely. Covering his legal expenses.

It pleases me to no end that the MAKE COMICS CISHETWHITE AGAIN people will only have Ironsights to read, with two failed (Jawbreakers, Alt-Hero) projects to their name.

Mmm, yes, such amazing proof of how GREAT their comics are.

That's not their fault though, it's those damned SJWs so please just give them more money and be patient

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

Poor guy got a "ah, yes, but where is actual PROOF of ComicsGate's harassment" although he wisely ignored it. (Others took up the banner, because they have time to kill or whatever.)

I like that guy who did engage just told them to check the comicsgate hashtag for examples of harassment

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Kirby would have smacked the poo poo out of every single one of them.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Are they, because the only thing I've seen from that book so far is Darkseid Weinsteining Granny Goodness so I'm less than interested in that book so far.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I’m fine with that, less fine with using rape as a writing tool to show how bad a man is. Especially when it’s as out of character as it is with Darkseid

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Oh yeah, that's cool, because it represents an extreme response to an extreme situation.

He also published an account of the time he wanted to beat up a toddler because the toddler was mean to his daughter, and another of the time he had a dream about beating up a journalist who disagree with him.

It’s also worth noting here that this is all said by a thin, reedy professor who sounds like Kermit the frog. You know, real alpha type

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Edge & Christian posted:

Looking through the THANKS FOR SUPPORTING LONESTAR donor page at the back, sure is a very long list (with a bunch of side-by-side repeats) of dudes! I counted and out of 1123 names in the Thank You Supporters section, there were... 36 traditional female names in there if we include Lola Lovelace and Godiva Mahoney, and also count "Mitch and Betty Breitweiser" (the only two person line) as a female contributor.

The vast majority of these supporters don't appear to have any social media (Comicsgate or otherwise) under the names given to IndieGoGo, so we may never know if the Freddies or Kelseys or Rileys on the list are dudes or not, much less IRRADIATED REDNECK or ALBINO THUNDERBUNS or SINISTA SMIRK or OATHKEEPER 3P.

Even if we are very generous in our assumptions, there is no way the number of people thanked approaches 10% female.

But this is a movement for everyone, you guys

There’s also no way whatsoever that those are all individual people, I would bet money a good number of them are people donating multiple times under different names

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Eldred's being sarcastic here, for the record

E: V yeah that's not to say people don't think that sincerely, just that in this particular case he doesnt

Opopanax fucked around with this message at 17:15 on Feb 25, 2019

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Long live the Sarcmark

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Dawgstar posted:

What makes it delightful is EVS' ongoing narrative that (as of now) he left DC because he actually wanted to and could go back anytime he wanted, but he just doesn't need to. (And the last very part is broadly true while the grift lasts.)

I mean he could, but that dastardly Waid keeps making phone calls!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Puppy Time posted:

The sad thing is that you could make a book out of all the explicitly political panels of old comics and make those guys read them and they still wouldn't change their mind because that would require them to admit that they're the ones screaming in rage at tiny black children going to school and not Patrick Henry saying "give me liberty or give me death!"

I usually just post the Captain America 1 cover when people complain about comics suddenly becoming political

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It helps that 99% of the backers don't give a poo poo about comics or actually getting any kind of quality product here, this is entirely about owning the libs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Comicsgate/Industry Terribleness Thread: /2 Is Sealed

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wait I'm not following this one, how is his having a copy of two unrelated party's contract a disaster for anyone?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

That's about what I figured, but I can at least usually see the weird logic behind what these people are trying to say

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s just a piece of lifeless plastic that doesn’t even symbolize anything which is why it makes sense for me to cut it up

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I looked at his page a while back and there was some definitely Christian stuff, but nothing overtly bad.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Rhyno posted:

Gonna e
Be hilarious when she raises more money than him.

Spending money on quality products to own the chuds

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's obviously Marvel and Rotten Tomatoes teaming up to hurt DC plus or whatever it's called.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I saw at least 3 or 4 things in Endgame that seemed deliberately there to piss of chuds. That did put a smile on my face

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This is the face I make when I respectfully ask you not to throw milkshakes

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Magnifique

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm still pretty sure Millar is actually 13 years old still, it would explain pretty much everything

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This one reads as it's own dril tweet

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

“I wish the sinfest guy had more respect for women”

*a single finger on the monkey’s paw curls closed*

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Let's crowd fund a ComicsgateCon and then launch the building into space once they all arrive

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Wendell posted:

I think they were censoring the word fart, which is bannable and now I’m in hot water.

It is bannable to post small fart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

CB strikes me more as the liberal type where he leans left until the slightest inconvenience causes him to shift fully the other way