Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ravenkult posted:

It's also that the TG community is based around a hobby that's mostly about being face to face with people and playing games (okay, and also online, but still, mostly in person), and nobody wants to play with toxic shitheads in real life.

being face to face just lets them sexually ASSAULT instead of just harassing. If you think being face to face makes them back down, you'd be mistaken when there are multiple lovely faces and one woman to gang up on. Here's a story from the 40k crowd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Rufus posted:

Maher hates a lot of harmless stupid poo poo for idiotic reasons. And it seems things not aimed directly at adults being enjoyed by adults are one of his big rage ons. Like he seems legit mad at adults reading YA type books or anything online as its not REAL READING. Also he hates the current superhero movie trend because OMG CHILDISH. Also rages about milk but loves his weed not exactly seeing the hypocrisy there.

I listen to the podcast version of his show and he is seriously an old with many progressive views for his age. His Catholic upbringing clearly hosed him up bigtime and he bought into a lot of the late Boomer era bullshit about what adults are supposed to do as adults not seeing the disconnect with stuff he does that many folks his age would consider bad. Like most people it's clear he has WHAT I LIKE GOOD WHAT YOU LIKE BAD EVEN IF REALLY THE SAME THING.

He is no rightie by any measure outside of hard left loonie circlejerks like SA seems to be turning into. By "normal" US standards he is closer to a leftist boogeyman out to take your guns and let the browns in the nation to have gay anchor babies. (In reality he is a stereotypical liberal elitist more or less. Just one that will actually listen to other viewpoints outside of some of his stupid hang ups. And Trump tried or actually did sue him for mean words. Maher also gave a ton of money to the Obama campaign making him more politically effective than this entire forum more or less. How good that was given why the Orange Idiot is rumored to have run and if we want to count whatever 4chan did as political change through SA is a whole other thing.)

But it's not cool to rag on a dead old guy who helped create tons of stuff people love because you think adults and current culture in general should all be reading deep snooty books and watching oscarbait. Not cool at all.

Sir, this is a McDonalds drivethru.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I tried really hard to read all of those words, I really did. But can I just point out that the whole "You're pushing people away from your argument by being mean!" thing is a load of poo poo when the argument is "Don't be terrible to fellow humans"? If mean words make you want to be terrible to fellow humans, you're possibly just an rear end in a top hat.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Ah, I have found my people! Conservative upbringing is a bitch to break out of, isn't it?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Hemingway To Go! posted:

but basically, I don't really think this is comicsgate/industry terribleness
homestuck is a webcomic that by now has mostly been forgotten. fans are mad but it's not really anything like the the other topics in thread

Counterpoint: There is literally Homestuck merchandise in Target.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
What the hell is with these shitters and Wieringo in particular? They seem really keen on acting like he's one of theirs somehow.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Ah, you know what, I misremembered: It was Darwyn Cooke they tried to claim last. Wrong beloved and deceased comics book artist with a widow still around on Twitter and eager to denounce their bullshit.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

X-O posted:

They're threatening his life because they ship Eddie and the Symbiote (they call it SymBrock instead of, well you know Venom, because they're crazy) and the Symbiote was just revealed to be manipulating Eddie into staying with him by doing some really terrible stuff.

But that... that's the symbiote's whole thing, it's a horrible relationship made into a goop that can take over your body.

I know this is late, but it's not even recent, it's the very first thing he was other than "a suit". Spidey starts acting unlike himself, realizes it's his relationship with his new pants, gets out of it.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Oh man, Frank Tieri, that takes me back. I remember when like the first thing he did when given Wolverine was kill off a bunch of old ancillary characters with his new OC. I thought the "twist" with his powers was actually somewhat clever, but not much more than that. Also I was an actual child when I read it, so.

I remember the five minutes or so Warren Ellis was on Facebook. He joined, I commented, some dude immediately saw from my profile pic that I was feeemale and tried to flirt with me, he told them off, then he was off Facebook the next day. Sorta surprised he manages to keep a Twitter going.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I am loving losing my mind laughing at that Wal-mart comic. Holy poo poo! It's not even a comic Wal-mart just happened to sell, it's a comic that they made just for Wal-mart to sell with goddamn children's games. It's bad enough on its own, because who the hell wants that other than serial killers and spree shooters? But you specifically made it for kids, what the HELL?

Oh poo poo, I made the mistake of looking at this tweet's replies:

https://twitter.com/Co11Cfbco/status/1086668629058428929

One guy is like "YOU'RE JUST HIDING HIM FROM THE WORLD". It's twelve pages of murdering women! What the gently caress is your world!?

https://www.supermanhomepage.com/tom-king-responds-to-complaints-about-walmart-superman-comic-book/

And holy poo poo man, Tom King's response sucks and is terrible.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Apr 7, 2019

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
The design of Mr Nobody hurts my soul, as does every shred of the humor I've seen. I haven't managed to pull together the desire to watch more than trailers that made my entire body cringe.

That's definitely review-bombing though.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SoftNum posted:

Oh LOLOL that lady they had try and sit in on the disposition was the same one who wrote the "Oh Vic is just a dear sure it LOOKS like he harasses people but I assure you he doesn't mean it" weak rear end poo poo... "The Vic Whisperer"...

Who was also his makup artist on star trek?

https://twitter.com/MichaelToole/status/1148951811463766016

I thought you were joking, what the poo poo?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
my_hitlist.xlsx

https://twitter.com/questauthority/status/1152288669061005315

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

site posted:

you know, seeing this here reminds of when someone recently asked me why people keep posting about vic in this thread since he doesnt really have anything to do with comics and i couldnt give an answer

well, Full Metal Alchemist is a manga and for that and other reasons, most of his actual poo poo involves conventions relating to comic books.

Comic book conventions are kinda part of the industry.

(Not that I needed to see that clip because YIKES, but it's one of the answers to that question)

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jul 26, 2019

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Rhyno posted:

Well that's a concrete reason to hate the guy.

I mean, I hated that he drew while driving. That poo poo's dangerous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

"There were three previous Marvel movies called Blade where Wesley Snipes kills 200 Asians each movie nobody gives a poo poo." Good lord, Loeb. What Blade movies did you watch? I knew he was the worst but now he's actually the worst.

I cannot be more confused by this. I only saw Blade 1 through, but I don't remember this weird Asian-killing spree. I remember him killing vampires! Does he have vampires and Asians mixed up?

And it had a teaser at the end that indicated the next movie was in Russia, like what the hell??