Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Wow gently caress that guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
lol Hussie is and has been a weirdo loving creep for a decade now.

Conrad_Birdie fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jan 4, 2019

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Fangz posted:

If it's not your story to share details about it's a breach of trust to share that story without permission.

you right! editing it out now.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Dragging Wieringo's name into this is VILE. It's truly disgusting. May they rot in hell.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Went down the rabbit hole a little bit (I know, I know) looking at some Comicsgate people's Twitters, and they're all bragging about how EVS and Millar and a couple others sold sketches on a stream for like $5,000 total?? And that this is proof that Comicsgate is where the big money is? And not continuing proof that this a grift for people like EVS and Millar to fleece money from chuds? And they're...like....thanking these grifters for taking their money. It's amazing.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

site posted:

Meanwhile Miller's Canadian girlfriend that you've never met said this was actually okay

https://twitter.com/AbacusMike/status/1092613738731958272

this guy is a truly evil little prick

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
In awe of how bad it is, am I right?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Back in like 2010-2011, I guess, Geoff Johns was contributing a lot to the final seasons of Smallville, when they were broadening the scope of heroes in that world. If I recall, a lot of the characters being featured were legacy versions of the heroes, like Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle, and I randomly @ed him about how it was a shame that he was including these characters in his TV work but was one of the main architects of replacing them with their old while male counterparts in his comic work. (I think was probably around Flash: Rebirth?) What I thought at the time was a totally fair criticism!

Like five minutes later I, a complete rando, had a nasty DM from him saying that I didn’t know him and that I shouldn’t ever doubt his commitment to writing and introducing POC characters to the public!

I mean, looking at his career, I feel like I stayed correct! He makes a lot of gestures towards representation but a lot of the times that just means “Cyborg is in this!”

But whatever it’s what soured me on Johns! He was personally a dick to me for what I feel was justified criticism of his work! That’s all I have to add; I’m not surprised he is privately very mean and aggressive!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
That sucks!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Endless Mike posted:

I'm guessing that like most of the times actresses are described as "difficult" it's simply them actually voicing their concerns.

Ding ding ding

Thousands of talented performers’s careers cut short because they were labeled as “difficult”, ie, not putting up with a director’s cruelty and/or sexual harassment. It’s such a massive loss when you truly think about it.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah Steranko was pretty clearly a scumbag when I met him, like, 10 years ago at Heroescon. Hit on my 19-yo gf (note I was also 19 at the time) while mostly ignoring me, and looked Orange before Trump made that popular. You had to pay him for basically any interaction.

Talented scumbag, though.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah those are incredible no doubt

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I know I’ve mentioned this before in this thread but with all this coming out about him I want to bring up the time Geoff Johns name searched on Twitter and aggressively DM’d me because I had critiqued the way he said he was for racial diversity in comics but yet he kept killing heroes of color to bring back their previous white versions. He DM’d me, some no name teen, because I offered criticism of the way he was handling POC in his comics.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It’s very obviously a trend for Johns, and has been for some time.

A real shame because his Flash run is the literal single reason I got into comics as a kid. He was my first favorite writer!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
For Twitter, just refresh the page it won’t let you see. It’ll show you after you do that. Super annoying, I agree.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Meltdown May coming in clutch

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Everything about that poo poo sucks rear end hahaha

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah that tracks

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Jason Pearson is, like, a C-tier fill-in artist at best. I know his work but it’s never any reason to get excited for work. That poo poo he said is incredibly embarrassing and sexist and racist. But obviously y’all knew that already. I do enjoy the shade about his work at the end of the article, though.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah I ain’t gonna click on any of those links

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Lol, no, Ken is being incredibly weird there, he just happens to be being weird in a way that’s pro-masculine affection.

“May or may not have seen these panels” lol

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
William shatner’s Twitter is run by a right-wing grifter, it’s not him. Hasn’t been for years.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Tbf so is Dick Van Dyke and he’s a progressive who actively campaigned for Bernie

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Bummer. Incredible artist

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah crazy that a famously self-aggrandizing lying conman whose best work is pre-80s went full MAGA.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Oh yeah Steranko is/was an amazing artist, don’t get me wrong, literally maybe a top 10 of all time - he’s just also a piece of poo poo who probably lied about a lot of the cool stuff he says he did in his life.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
That’s a loving big bummer about Piskor, I’m a huge fan of his work and his YouTube channel. I…literally just watched one this morning.
But there’s not any real explanation for those messages other than being a huge loving predatory creep to an underage girl. Goddamit.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I mean, don’t feel bad about it, you’re not responsible for other people’s insanity or shittiness. Sure don’t display it if you want, but I also think displaying old art isn’t a tacit endorsement of their beliefs. Most people would just seen a cool picture of the TMNT.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Yeah they nuked their whole online presence. Like I said, I literally watched one of their videos this morning like an hour before those screenshots came out. Crazy. Welp, Ed doesn’t seem particularly regretful of his actions, he’s always been the one to block and ban people for criticizing him or the show in the slightest! I hope Rugg decries Piskor and can come back in some way in the future. If he keeps working with Ed, gently caress him too! Shame! An incredibly talented indie artist who I loved and meant a lot to me at various points in my life! gently caress!

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
What a loving creep loser. Why do these dudes always think this poo poo will never come out?

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Great response by Jim.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
I hope Ed does not kill himself, he is a talented artist who has filled hours of my life with entertaining work. I hope he is found safe, and instead actually reckons with what he has done. He just continues to blame people in that note, little understanding of what he is being accused of and why people are upset at him.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Some screenshots of FB coming in confirming that Ed has passed. Won’t post here because they’re private family FBs. Goddamit, Ed. I wish it hadn’t gone this way.

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Let’s not post about the vile people using this for internet clout, this situation already sucks enough

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
There’s no doubt those people are going to do it, so I’m not even giving them the time of day.

What Ed did was bad. He was inappropriately private messaging, potentially grooming underage girls in DMs. Other people shared similar creepy stories of interacting with him.

I wish he had just owned up to what he did, gone away, worked on himself. Found another hustle in some other field.

It always seemed unlikely. He, by his own admittance, lived and breathed comics. No idea what else he would have done.

I’m sad at the loss of talent. I’m sad for his family. I’m sad for Jim Rugg. I’m sad about what his victims will feel and what they’ll have to deal with now, as he pretty directly accused them of causing this in his note. I’m sad that he felt this was the only option. It very much wasn’t, and I’m sure his decision here was the culmination of lots of issues we were not privy to.

I liked Piskor’s work a lot. I’ve been reading him since my freshman year of college, when I randomly found Wizzywig. Like I said, I was a big fan of CK. It was only a week ago I was watching a new video with him and Rugg in it. Hard to believe he’s gone.

It’s a flurry of weird emotions. What a lovely situation all around.

Rip Ed, I guess

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Please don’t barge into this thread with you weird loving gimmick, Wizard Master

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Most people irl are a weird mix of ideologies, often ones seemingly in contrast to one another. Thats life