Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
It's because they don't actually read any of these comics that they complain about, or in some cases, comics at all.

You could say they are... Fake Geek Guys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

David D. Davidson posted:

John Ostrander is on there too. However the cheapskate only gave twenty.

To be fair, we are talking about comics writers here.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
This is what my face looked like upon seeing Salvador loving Larocca criticize someone else's art.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Edge & Christian posted:

But there are literally two black dudes on skateboards than I can think of in the entire history of superhero comics.

It was after the fact, but Spyke from the X-Men: Evolution cartoon embodies the memo to a T. That's comics-adjacent, though.

Also he was related to the other black character on the show.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

site posted:

poor chelsea got criticized over her terf-y work, break out the waterworks :qq:

https://twitter.com/ChelseaCain/status/1137523160750759936

The thing is, these aren't even really that "painful." (from an outside view) The tweets are borderline constructive criticism. They say what they enjoyed and where they thought the book fell short. I'm sure there's plenty of dumb abuse coming from the right about Man-Eaters, but no, the most incisive tweets you can take and use in your book are the ones that acknowledge the existence of gender binaries and transpeople. Like, what the gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
Apparently students in Taiwan (and most likely elsewhere but this is just my experience) will choose an English name to use in their English classes, and several Taiwanese I know just use these as their common names now (this is in Japan, so not even in the English sphere). There's some fairly standard names like Julia or Rachel, but also like Theodora and some stripper-esque names like Sprite and Glamor.