Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

The difference is that WotC immediately took a huge steaming poo poo on Hamhocks and made it clear that the behavior isn't acceptable

Unlike marvel

Yeah, unless you’re on the approved list of TTG harassers you can get the gently caress out I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It’s still going, they just combined it with the good rpg stories thread because there was very little activity in the latter and the former was getting to the point of utter despair.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Also, I wouldn’t call those groups “non-vocal” as much as being groups consistently denied the means to be broadly vocal about these issues of appropriation. There are absolutely people discussing and writing about the issue with appropriating “spirit animal” as a concept that aren’t white people angry you’re not appropriating correctly.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I’m going to be honest, the reason I didn’t directly link to some examples in my post is because most of the discussion I’ve read about it, like a lot of ‘niche’ minority issues, were in Twitter threads which are good for a lot of people weighting in on an issue but absolute garbage for trying to locate things six months or so after the fact. I can take a poke around but I don’t have anything longform on hand.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
It's short for Content Warning.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
What if Johnny Cage had no redeeming character traits is another pretty good summation I think.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I mean, extramarital loving is also a big no-no in most every Christian sect, and I have terrible news about how often people stick with that one. You probably shouldn't jump so fast into the subject if you're self admitting you don't know much about it.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
He’s working at VIZ currently as an editor, I believe.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Japan occupied Manchuria in 1931 so depending on your charting that could honestly be a start date for the Second World War as far as China is concerned.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Love to conflate my assault flashbacks and some dipshit being a baby about women existing, hell yeah.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine

Jedit posted:

Hang on - Hitler shot himself. So doesn't it follow that to kill Hitler again, Jack Kirby must have been Hitler?

Man, talk about death of the artist.

He shot himself in the same way the younger sibling is hitting themselves.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
I don’t think anyone is actually going to convince a person who labeled a black woman getting mad in a way they thought was incorrect as a sociopath but I for one really appreciate the efforts y’all have put in for providing sources.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
There's the time he was afraid former BSS mod David Brothers was going to beat him up, which was doubly weird because there wasn't any threats or anything beyond saying "maybe white dudes shouldn't be so comfortable with saying slurs."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Yeah to be clear hermanos’ comments weren’t nearly as blunt or flip as my off the cuff summary. Its just equal parts amusing and telling to me that Piskor’s reaction to the mildest criticism from a PoC also working in comics at the time was “he’s going to beat me up”.