Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Somewhat related to the topic of this thread, I've found a few interviews and a lecture by Alan Moore. He seems like a solid guy, with a perspective I can respect.

The Warlock of Nothampton posted:

In my experience, if you see any fascism, just stamp on it until it's dead. That's the only way, you know. Don't try and reason with it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAxDDqi2tBg

Those of you in the know, can you confirm? Is Alan Moore still cool?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Thanks for the insights folks. I'm pretty dense/ignorant/uninformed with regards to a lot of things, and would like to be less so. Archyduchess in particular has given me a lot to take in and digest.
I'm disappointed to learn of Moore's creepy/idiot rear end in a top hat nature (and just uggggggghhhh golliwogs? Bad idea, old man), but also a little relieved he's not a full blown Cosby.
I haven't read any of his stuff, apart from (checks comixology library) around 14 issues of Swamp Thing. I have been enjoying it, and didn't see any red flags yet.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Skwirl posted:

Mostly it's just loving insane. Archie Andrews accidently starts ISIS in the second season

That sounds about as batshit as the Archie/Predator crossover book.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Hell, they even rent them to foreigners (inside a national park, for that extra :clint: cherry on top) with only an alleged driver's license as collateral! Good thing I only wanted to shoot some clays.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Jul 5, 2021

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Drakyn posted:

You've got it backwards: Ozzy Osborne bit Batman's head off on-stage a few decades back.

LOL, I read that as "a few days back", and thought Dang, covid is making people do strange things to keep the spotlight on them.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

How Wonderful! posted:

I don't have that hat, too worried about stealing valor
There's always room for more in the 132nd Chairborne Regiment. I mean, there's no valor in it, but it's far better than cg stuff.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

It's a good post, worth emptyquoting until they stop doing what they do.
I hadn't previously seen it, and appreciate the echo. I am happy to read evidence supporting my hunch that Bill is ok, and this gives me no reason to stop enjoying his art

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

I had not heard boo about him previously, then listened to the CK episode where Choe talks about moderating the Frank Miller panel.
It made me think the dude's a rich dirtbag. That's my opinion formed just by hearing the guy speak. The fact that Ed seems to be pretty close pals with him lowers Piskor's stock with me too.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Vincent posted:

Isn't Piskor a piece of poo poo as well? Not an abuser, just an rear end in a top hat? Besides the whole white-kid thinking he's the arbiter of hip-hop thing.

Dunno. At the very least, he puts on a presentable mask for the episodes I've seen. Choe didn't seem to care who knew what he was like.

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Give me some cash please. I promise I will (checks notes) "own the sjws" at some time in the future, yet to be determined.

Also: FREEDOM!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

JordanKai posted:

We should go back to writers being credited with providing the "words" for comics and nothing more. :getin:

Like Mark Evanier's contributions to Groo. He's credited as wordsmith in most of the collections I've read. He doesn't write the story or come up with the plot, just finds the words to fit

vvvv Could be. I would have to deal with a comixology reload to check.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Apr 4, 2022

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Skwirl posted:

I mean, I come here every day, but even if I had as much money as Van Scriver I wouldn't give SA 10k.
Is that because Jeff won't help you doxx your enemies?

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Endless Mike posted:

In at least one version of his origin, he crashed on the Kents' farm during a snow storm, so they just claimed he was born during that and got him a birth certificate and Social Security number. It's 092-09-6616
:mods:

Random Stranger posted:

Gonna do some secret identity theft on Kal-El.
:mods:
Where's How Wonderful? Goons are trying to farm kiwis in a Kansas snowstorm over here!
They's conspiring.
hearty LOL that Endless Mike knows Superman's social. Impressively nerdy. Hahaha, awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Madkal posted:

Weird how every time someone posts about David and his health issues someone else posts about his comments about the Roma (sans apology) as if these two things are somehow related.

It's not that surprising that a post appearing to solicit sympathy evokes memories of a very public racist rant.
Apologies don't seem to stand out in memory as strongly as the original offense.
He isn't entitled to people forgiving and completely forgetting because he showed a slight bit of remorse.

That said, I don't wish suffering on anyone, and people should be provided Healthcare. I can't think of many better uses for tax dollars.

B33rChiller fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Feb 26, 2024