Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Speak posted:

I saw Mike Norton and Erik Larsen on the list more recently.

This whole thing will be incredibly useful as a guide to creators who are anti-CG. They're literally putting their money where their mouths are.

Jordan White and Fred Van Lente too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

lets check in on where spinning everything as a win got Milo or Baked Alaska

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Super researchers of BSS, when did the term "cheesecake" to refer to sexualized art of women come into use in the comics fandom, or just the general world at large? Because that's the word I tend to associate with what anime/manga fans refer to as "fan service".

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i really don't have the energy to just screencap his redtext again so pretend i did it

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

Why does that Squirrel Girl have crosses as weapons, thats some korean mmo rear end art school

its Makoto from BlazBlue, every BlazBlue character is a design that was rejected from Guilty Gear for being poo poo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Lord of Booty I don't know if anyone has told you this but you need to hear it

you're amazingly dumb

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's about a colorist so no, absolutely nobody knows who it is

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Milligan and Allred's X-Force/X-Statix had plenty of sex stuff in it too, Milligan is just a far better writer and the Allred's art style brings an entirely different vibe to it.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

ryonguy posted:

Given how poorly talent is paid by the industry, are we really gonna be upset over a writer offering a writing course?

I don't think loving Neil Gaiman is hurting for money

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

oi guv its me neil gaiman, wots you gunna do whens ya can't afford me instructional videos, yous gotsa do a gofundme, innit

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thank you Jedit, the Duke of Bad Posts, for somehow making this conversation about Amanda Palmer instead of about Neil Gaiman and his goofy british accent

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

It's like these people actively want to be sued into bankruptcy

you know how fascism as an ideology requires a constant state of being under threat from some kind of outside force to function

the comicsgate grift requires a constant state of lawsuits in order to receive donations to help cover "legal fees"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i knew something was off about kieran schiach when he said Deathlok Prime was the most interesting Deathlok

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Monaghan posted:

He's a japanese nationalist, yeah, but I don't recall the holocaust denier bit. AoT isn't going "yay fascism. The main character has become more fascist, which is looked upon in horror by his comrades and is turning him into a monster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8RfQjFkGsEE

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

"America nuked Japan, therefor Neo-Nazis should be allowed to operate unopposed" is a pretty loving galaxy brain take

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

he wrote that one wolverine/punisher crossover that was just one big setup to a punchline about the punisher being gay, that's pretty memorable for the wrong reasons

a crossover he only wrote because garth ennis had wolverine in his punisher comic and made fun of him for being all snikt bub

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Archyduchess posted:

He's written some memorably bad stuff-- I think he's responsible for every appearance of the execrable and very early 2000s badguy Mr. X, up until a few semi-memorable Thunderbolts appearances around the time of Siege.

for like half a second I was gonna say something but then I realized no, I'm thinking of Agent X

Archyduchess posted:

Imagine if Mr. Zsasz was in Sugar Ray.

an evocative, horrible image

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I had to look him up

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NICE JOB GETTING SNIPED BY ME, RESEARCH BOY

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

It's basically my only association with Frank Tieri so it immediately surfaces whenever his name comes up, which is thankfully not very often.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Archyduchess posted:

Also, I don't know on earth Gynovore means by "they (Peter David? Scott Lobdell? Who is 'they'?) decided to make M Muslim because why the heck not." She was established almost immediately in the mid-90s as a French-Algerian woman visibly coded as a PoC, born in Bosnia, it's a safe bet she was never intended to be a loving Methodist.

But her name is Monet St. Croix! That ain't no Muslim name!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

yes we saw the post the last 3 times you either posted it or quoted it, people are still telling you you're wrong

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Internet Wizard posted:

Bro and dude are gender neutral terms in American dialect English.

Do you gently caress dudes?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

Dont you have to be logged in to buy that stuff? Just have the username attached

nope, you can do it while logged out

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I dont have archives, can you share the relevant part here?

sigtrap probated (and i think maybe banned?) people who brought up and called out that a guy who had a thread about buying and rebuilding an old mustang also posted on a white supremacist website instead of just banning the white supremacist, its hard to tell because the original AI thread was moved to the mod forum and all thats left is that helldump thread. sigtrap's excuse in the helldump thread was "people should have posted about him being a white supremacist in helldump instead of in AI"

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

she was also like 15 in Bad Boys 2

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

Jack is a Buddhist like im the loving president

Dude is a straight up nazi

considering the country he chose to go on a buddhist retreat to was Myanmar, they're not mutually exclusive

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

thats just what people from wisconsin end up looking like eventually

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

they're not even extremely literal they just describe mundane things in non-mundane ways and yes they are the same joke repeated ad nauseum

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Seriously, who gets a tattoo of their own name?

good company

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i cant believe renfamous and marzgurl are members of the secret FYAD discord server where they plan their mod actions to ban all the popular members of GBS

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Edge & Christian posted:

I got at least a couple of people banned last summer when EVS sicced his crew on me, since the entire narrative there was EVS going "oh ho, the trebuchet thing about eliminating vermin like you from society is a JOKE, something you soyboy cuck snowflakes are incapable of understanding" and then a few people were dumb enough to go "it's not a joke, I want to end you" and they got suspended.

The funny thing is that I was trying to look up that incident a few weeks ago (I forget why) but the threads are almost all gone because literally 18 out of 20 people who yelled at me have suspended accounts today.

you getting people banned by them being super mad at you is amazingly on brand and i'm not saying that in a bad way

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

My point still stands she came to because someone though to combine Gwen Stacy and Deadpool together. The fact the character became amazing is a credit to the creative part of marvel Chris Hastings.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Argue posted:

What does this mean?

A chain of attacks with the intention of the first hit being blocked so the player can push the opponent into the corner, set up a mixup or whatever

they're practicing for evo

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

No i'm fairly sure it's the thing I said

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pastry of the Year posted:

I've been into comics pretty much my entire life and I've never seen a single issue of Shi, nor have I ever met anyone that has actually bought or even read it. I remember there being a bunch of ads for it in Wizard. I think I ended up assuming it was vaporware.

in an early issue of Cartoonist Kayfabe, Ed Piskor cuts a promo about Shi and how there were so many ads for it in Wizard, Little Eddie thought that meant it must have been great and then when he eventually read it later in life it was awful

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

so who the gently caress is that guy

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Some rando

ah cool, glad he's getting exposure to thousands of people for no reason

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i don't know why but people on the line loving love just parachuting into threads to tell you how much they just don't, like, get the love for Felicia Day, y'know?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Don't Ask Me About My Feminist Agenda, It Might Hurt My Feelings