Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I'm still really confused about the Bill Maher weed/milk thing. Does he think you can get high from milk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Endless Mike posted:

Like do they not know that mythological Loki became a lady horse and made horse babies?

That's from a book without pictures.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I hear a lot of my students use "dude" and "bro" in a gender-neutral way. That's just my personal experiences though.

site posted:

The mods or maybe just admins can force change the av and the racist would be out some money but yeah

This is a better idea than what we currently have.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Here's what I think: keep the purchase system the same, but change the items available to "avatar credits" and "platinum credits" and things like that. Once an item or items are purchased for an account, that account may apply these credits to their own or other's accounts, with a record viewable by either everyone or a mod/admin. That way people's personal info remains siloed, and mods can see who is being a problem.

As already said above, this requires coding changes and Lowtax's spine is way more important.

Maybe someone else has floated this already, I don't know. Good on them if they have.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Splint Chesthair posted:

I thought they already confirmed Peacemaker was bi on the show? That was one of reasons his dad said he hated him.

There's also a line or two earlier on in the show when he's meeting a lady in a bar.

And his dad definitely spelled it out, as well as the threeway with Vigilante. It wasn't a secret at any time.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Oasx posted:

I had never heard of either artist before now, but Afua Richardson's work has a very pretty and unique look to it, I especially like the colours.

Same. She's very good.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

faces are hard :(

Got the trigger discipline right, though. So the important part's covered at least.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Oasx posted:

Also, Ultimates was satire. The fact that people don't seem to understand that a writer can write characters who are bad people, without being a bad person themselves, is a bit scary.

You greatly misunderestimate our stupidity, I'm afraid.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Edge & Christian posted:

Did Fables have Oz stuff?

Dorothy Gale is an assassin known as Silver Slippers. She is Master Spy Cinderella's arch-nemesis, and is seemingly impossible to kill. She's basically a James Bond villain. She has three henchmen, iirc. Oz fell to the Adversary but Dorothy only cares about getting paid to do something she enjoys (murder.)

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Madkal posted:

Weird how every time someone posts about David and his health issues someone else posts about his comments about the Roma (sans apology) as if these two things are somehow related.

Forget it Madkal; it's Internet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dawgstar posted:

Yeah, I was enjoying Comicshistorian for a while but then they slowly pivoted to the whole awkwardly tugging on their collar and saying "You know, I'm not saying Laura Kinney as Wolverine is the type of thing killing comics but something sure is, just asking questions" deal.

It's TikTok.

That's a joke, the major factors lowering readership is likely a combination of this wild inflation we're experiencing and cultural shifts further away from reading as a leasure activity.

But it's not not TikTok, either.