Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I'm kinda getting into comics again after quitting back in 1997. Tried a few times in the 2000s but the horribleness I bumped into when I tried kept me away.

It's funny to see how much of that was due to chuds and ego junkies using brands like fiefdoms. Hell, apparently a fellow brazilian was one of the main mouth-breathers in the industry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I'm almost relieved that Liefeld turns out to be personally awful. It justifies my decades of spite for him for purely professional reasons.

I've been hearing since ever that "Rob is a likable guy, he has such enthusiasm for the industry!" And always thought "I wish any of that showed in his work."

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Air Skwirl posted:

I actually like his really early work, like that issue of X-Men where aliens invade Australia. But I think that's carried a lot by Claremont's writing. But yeah, he sucks.

https://youtu.be/RmLFGWAyajU?si=3sKe3U44rNQYZVP8

The one in which they were mocking DC's Invasion event! Wow, that was a thing. Yeah, it was a funny one-off, and ; I recall his art being a bit off-model but not terrible, which suited the cartoonish style.

I mean, if I remember correctly the main threat is the aliens dropping a Jean-netic bomb that is just a clone of Jean Grey and wrecks every relationship on the planet.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Dawgstar posted:

Tommy even faked his own episode of MTV Cribs. (For clarity he did film house tours for various things but nothing for Cribs, so still funny.)

His mother's really proud of him.

His mother's really proud....

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Valiant graduating from ripping artists off 1 at a time to ripping off all of them, all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Comic Tropes is really good, but I only discovered Comic Pop recently and I'm angry I didn't find it sooner. Just an amazing crew.

But yeah, on average they may be worse than the 'real gamuhr' crowd.