Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Midnight Voyager posted:

being face to face just lets them sexually ASSAULT instead of just harassing. If you think being face to face makes them back down, you'd be mistaken when there are multiple lovely faces and one woman to gang up on. Here's a story from the 40k crowd.
I remember when this was first published.

It actually seems to have made a difference in stores and communities. A lot of new anti-harassment policies can probably be traced right back to that blog post.

I know I took it to heart and it made me even more conscious of my responsibility to quash bullshit before it becomes a major problem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
:sever:

(listening to comicsgate youtubes is a good sign your partner holds deeply lovely opinions. there is a ton of other stuff you could pick as background noise that isn't lovely.)

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Barry Convex posted:

Image is putting out a book by Rat Queens co-creator and domestic abuser John "Roc" Upchurch. The hell.

https://imagecomics.com/comics/releases/lucy-claire-redemption-1
At first I was like, "Well, I wonder how he's managed to redeem themselves. Has he sought help, tried to make things right with his victim(s)?"

And then I saw the plot of the comic.

Ugh.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
This is a bit of a different variety of terribleness than we usually have in this thread, but drat. This is a wild ride. Follow the article's links back through time and just marvel at the sheer idiocy.

Basically, one of the founders of DragonCon, Ed Kramer, is a convicted child molester. He's just made an Alford plea (basically accepting punishment but not guilt) to a bizarre case involving illegal access to a judge's PC. The judge thought a local DA was secretly accessing her computer, so she hired a PI, who in turn hired Kramer, and ... well, just read for yourself.

https://www.ajc.com/news/local/dragoncon-founder-strikes-plea-deal-gwinnett-hacking-case/c8Mo8J6ufoUPzi4CZCD8cJ/