Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Renfamous' Twitter account got a strike because she told a CG chud to 'choke on a dick' so from high atop her perch at her new Twitter account she still fights the good fight.

https://twitter.com/RenfamousX/status/1069634911462703104

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Archyduchess posted:

I believe she was also recently doxxed and had some gg creep tweeting about hanging around businesses and restaurants near her home.

Oh, they had and probably still are having an extended fest of taking photos of her and her husband and putting Ethan and Dickie and assorted CGers' faces on the bodies.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

My recent favorite:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wanderer posted:

I wonder at what point EVS will achieve a critical mass where he's more known and remembered for showing his rear end on Twitter over his political stances than he is for his X-Men or Green Lantern runs.

um excuse me it was somebody who showed their rear end TO uncle ethan. :colbert:

CG will still talk about the indignity of that by the way. You're not surprised.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Space Fish posted:

It brings me no joy to report that EVS co-created Jessica Cruz.

I'm not sure what's stranger, that he's never trumpeted that as 'look CG is not racist twaddle' or that the lower-ranking hyenas of CG have never thrown that in his face so they can take the spot of apex chud.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

EVS co-created Dust? I'd forgotten. Of course I'm 99% certain he didn't exactly brainstorm that with Morrison.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Covok posted:

So, did anyone join comicgate and not ruin their entire comic career?

No, but several amateurs have joined and preemptively ruined their comic career!

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

In other dumbass news, Dickie lives in Austin, Texas and thinks that's a "border town."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

CG has been concern trolling the heck out of this story, too.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Synthbuttrange posted:

Sadly but unsurprisingly Zoe Quinn's comic has been review bombed to 0 on comixology. Good job gamer/comicgate chuds owning her by... buying her comic?

https://www.comixology.com/Goddess-Mode-2018-1/digital-comic/730993?ref=c2l0ZS9saXN0L2Rlc2t0b3AvZ3JpZExpc3QvbGlzdDI3OTQ3

But however will they make Youtube videos of themselves destroying the comic in a sane manner like rational people do if they just buy it on Comixology? Welp! Guess they have to buy it in print as well. That'll show 'em.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Somebody on Twitter - Boyette, maybe - tried to show that there's no way Dickie nor his followers are Nazis because Dickie has over 90K subscribers and then pointed to a SPLC article saying there were only 5K or so members of the Klan in America. So... check and mate. :smug:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Edmund Lava posted:

What did Gabby Rivera do? I mean besides being a gay Latina.

I honestly think it's just that her book doesn't sell, which in CG Math = 'minority creators do not sell comics which are totally dying.'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Why do the CG chuds call Dickie "Zach?"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Dawgstar posted:

Why do the CG chuds call Dickie "Zach?"

Ah! It's apparently a 4chan thing. So, whatever.

Uncle Ethan made a big declarative Tweet on how he was unblocking Gail Simone, and shortly thereafter CG started going after her because she was best friends with the Border Town guy. And by 'best friends' I mean 'responded to three of his Tweets, the most recent of which was over four years ago.'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The responses to Joe Q were great. "How DARE you put a serial harasser so high!" To which most responses were along the lines of "Ethan's not that high up."

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Gynovore posted:

Not half as sleazy as when Logan's mind gets stuck into Peter's body and he tries to boink teenage MJ. (sorry if this was mentioned already)

Complete with a Logan-as-Peter creepy leer to the camera.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SUPERMAN'S GAL PAL posted:

One of the worst things Wizard seared into my brain was from one of their monthly top 10 heroes list. Caitlyn Fairchilde of Gen 13 was usually in the upper half while the book was popular (and when virtually no other female characters ever made the list) but someone thought a positive assessment was how she was sooooooo different from most heroines who were described as “oh no Cap’n Baddin tied me to the deflowering machine, eek!” :gonk:

(See picture drawn by Adam Hughes attached to entry.)

Although for serious, they did make great hay out of the fact she was ACTUALLY a nerd despite being an Amazonian beauty.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

There is that one Byrne issue where she's skipping rope while nude in what I assume is something that Byrne thinks is hilarious and meta.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Internet Wizard posted:

Pretty sure this was the same run when Angel and Paige boned in the sky above the Guthries' family farm while the whole family stood around watching I guess.

Ah, yes.

Ask Chris posted:

The scene got a lot of attention (for obvious reasons), and I can't even begin to figure out why anyone thought this scene was a good idea, but here's the thing: That's not even the weirdest thing in that story. That dubious honor goes to the fact that it's all based on Romeo & Juliet, to the point where there are lines lifted directly from Shakespeare and put into the characters' dialogue with no alteration. And it's not like they're meant to be quoting the play either -- it's just what they're saying.

It makes no sense on any level, and adds this weird pretentious veneer to a story that ends with mid-air hillbilly sex. It gets to the point where it's impossible to figure out if Austen is making choices because he thinks they're genuinely good, or if he's doing them out of irony, or if it's just a joke and nothing more.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Roth posted:

Didn't she write Mockingbird?

That's her. One of the focal points for CG.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

He's also saying it's Mark Waid's fault, though wisely keeping Waid's name out of his mouth (that's the "tortious interference" he he refers to in the last sentence).

It became CG's favorite term for a while. They think they're all members of the bar association now.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Skwirl posted:

I'm pretty sure he's referring to Mark Waid emailing a publisher/friend (don't remember the name, the one that publishes Steam Punk Sarah Palin books) to say "hey are you sure you want to do business with someone who doxxes comic shop employees if they don't carry his book?"

Antarctic Press, yeah. The kicker is AP said that Waid applied no pressure (not that he had pressure to apply anyway) and decided not to do it on their own and you can find them saying that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

mallratcal posted:

I'm looking to add cyber frog to the failure list. He's 15 pages behind and has no script.

I believe Uncle Ethan has also claimed 'print file problems.'

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kojiro posted:

Which is odd considering the Kickstarter for Jawbreakers doesn't include a PDF version, so the only files will be print files. Knowing there's no digital version means you'd have been working for print the whole time- your colours are optimised for print, your page templates include bleed from the getgo... If your comic actually exists. Which it totally does, honest.

Given how ComicsGate's fixation of books on the shelves being the only thing that matter, as a lot of comics that they leave them so sore wroth (comics starring brown people, or women, or brown people who are women, etc) do better in digital sales and the like I'd about buy that's what they did.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Madkal posted:

Goddammit Chuck Dixon. You used to write awesome Robin stories and now you do this. Why must you be so lovely?

It's one of those things where I can see the seeds were planted long ago, but I still find Dixon's siding with CG really depressing. That said he's also the only CG-adjacent creator I can think of whose work I ever cared about, unless we're counting Dave Sim but that ship sailed about the time of Cerebus' Latter Days.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1082425018280300549

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

ryonguy posted:

Wait. What.:stare:

Ethan is more upset that this forced him to fire Dave off his frog book instead of, you know, what Dave did.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I'm reminded that the A Moment of Cerebus guy no doubt had to sign one of those 'I Vow To Never Imply Dave Sim is In Any Way a Misogynist' forms.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Space Fish posted:

Just to make sure I read that whole essay correctly, since reactions in the comments and elsewhere seem to muddy the waters:

Dave Sim groomed a young teenage girl for romantic purposes, admitted to it, labeled himself a "world class sleaze ball" over his past conduct, and his fans just shrug and say, "but he mails us extra comics sometimes so who cares."

Do I have that right?

Essentially. At this point you have to rationalize so much stuff to be a fan of Dave Sim that the news coming back to light was probably child's play for them.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Poor guy got a "ah, yes, but where is actual PROOF of ComicsGate's harassment" although he wisely ignored it. (Others took up the banner, because they have time to kill or whatever.)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

The real harassers are the ones against the harassing something something.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Of interest, here's ChalkaWhat, a female 16-year-old comics reviewer very eloquently dunking on Dickie's Iron Sights. It's worth a look.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

https://twitter.com/kwanzer/status/1091037313331798016

Imagine ANYBODY cowering from the pudgy white Mormon dude.

And what he seems to be enraged about is essentially sending out samples. LIKE YOU DO AS AN ARTIST.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I love the calling Ethan out as a liar, but also the shade at the end is subtle yet of top quality.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Zircher Tweets deleted.

Dawgstar fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 1, 2019

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

site posted:

All deleted?

https://twitter.com/PatrickZircher/status/1091095314734501899

What I remember most was 'Pro Tip - don't be Ethan' and also that Ethan couldn't visually tell a story to save his life and made mistakes that were justifiable for somebody six months in the business, not as long as he's been.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Wanderer posted:

The hustle doesn't work unless he's being prosecuted by somebody, over something. If that means he has to torpedo the rest of his life in order to look like he's being discriminated against for his beliefs, then that's what the hustle demands.

Clear-cutting your future prospects for short term gains to own the libs.

E: Also WOW Neil. Huckster much?

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

I looked up Martina Markota because Ethan suddenly went on a spree of shilling for her IGG graphic novel. I shouldn't have bothered.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Kai Tave posted:

I mean I brought up that Marvel tweet making GBS threads on inkers not because there's anything specifically chudish about it (so far as I know) but because it's absolutely mind-boggling to me that Marvel's, EiC, a guy who got promoted into his gig after it came out that he spent a goodly length of time misrepresenting himself as a Japanese man to try and give his lovely comics a veneer of Real Oriental Authenticity, is publicly negging his own employees as some convoluted, roundabout way to encourage people to apply to work at Marvel. It has nothing to do with the usual alt-right harassment brigades which have become dismally commonplace but it still qualifies as industry terribleness imo.

That's fair. I'm not sure Cebulski-san has ever done a mea culpa regarding it, and it's not like as the EIC he couldn't re-open submissions so he's just apex of the example that the mess mainstream comics can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Jedit posted:

I also found out recently that Mark Millar has been using ghostwriters on a number of his Millarworld books without crediting them, including Kingsman: The Secret Service and Jupiter's Legacy, which were both written by Rob Williams from outlines by Millar. It seems to have mostly stopped now (possibly due to the Netflix deal), and Williams was given full author credit on Kingsman: The Red Diamond, but it's still disappointing. There's nothing wrong with splitting authorial credit between story and writer.

I remember the old joke about why Millar was such a good Superman Adventures writer when he was bad at everything else and the answer was "Grant Morrison."