Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Pfft, big companies taking works from original creators and doing whatever the gently caress they feel like with it is the American Way, and especially the firm tradition of comic books at that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

I recall seeing something here a while ago about people attempting to unionize at Seven Seas. I don't know the details of how it went from then to now, but Seven Seas is now recognizing the union.

https://twitter.com/gomanga/status/1540826737747050496

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Joe Fisto posted:

Do I want to know what this Pender guy’s deal is?

The short version is he worked on Archie Comics' Sonic the Hedgehog series, got real obsessed with Knuckles, and did a ton of stuff with this elaborate Echidna family history of a plethora of near-identical Knuckles clones across the generations. And then when he left, he decided to take his Echidna ball with him and there was a lawsuit over it, which Archie Comics did a completely clownshoes job on fighting, so he ended up with rights to a giant pile of "Knuckles but with a small beard" and "Knuckles with some minor scars" plus "slightly differently shaded Knuckles with some wrinkles" - not unlike the ape NFTs, now that I think about it. But he still ran off with a ton of Archie Sonic continuity as a result.

Creators' rights are cool and good, but it's hard to take it seriously when the guy did the professional equivalent to a recolored sprite comic.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Taken in by Tucker Carlson pretending to be surprised major news companies are just taking marching orders from the uber-rich. It's amazing how eager some people are to advertise their stupidity.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Could also just say he was a foundling, which he was. Pretty sure mystery orphans can still be legally people.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

The orphanage clearly honored the sacred tradition of dibs, and the Kents called it when dropping the kid off.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

site posted:

oooh okay the guy down by wonder woman, i thought it was about something on the top row that i just wasn't seeing lol

Took me forever too, but god drat I flinched when I saw it. That's bad, holy crap.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

I'm content with prompt jockeys not getting paid.

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

Dawgstar posted:

Garner is a real artist there, friends. It was meant to draw attention to Valiant not paying people.

Apologies for being unclear, I meant a hypothetical AI "artist" who'd probably also not be getting paid if Valiant's refusing to pay for actual work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

disposablewords
Sep 12, 2021

There's just no path forward for people who refuse to take any responsibility for their actions, blame their victims constantly, and will even weaponize their suicide to try to sic rabid assholes on others! You (woke/SJW/MeToo/whatever) scolds are just so unreasonable!