Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

"Education Professional" model Doombot
Chipped in $10.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

I saw Mike Norton and Erik Larsen on the list more recently.

This whole thing will be incredibly useful as a guide to creators who are anti-CG. They're literally putting their money where their mouths are.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

Pierson posted:

The new narrative seems to be that evil SJWs are insulting Stan Lee and that's driving people towards cgate again.

I assume what's actually happening is people just making the usual statements about Lee having a very contentious and mixed history in comics witj Kirby etc and it's being blown up by the usual reprobates?

Some of it comes from a few people linking to the false stories of Stan Lee sexually harassing his nurses that came out during some of the worst of the time when everybody was trying to take all his money. Also, because he apparently once said he thought Peter Parker should continue to be straight and white in the movies, so therefore he's homophobic and racist.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

Soonmot posted:

His name is The Captain

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

Ike Perlmutter being a POS again: https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-associates-wanted-sell-veterans-medical-records-profit-report-2021-9

quote:

The team, which was based at Trump's Mar-a-Lago resort, included Ike Perlmutter, a major Trump donor, Mar-a-Lago member, and a Marvel executive; Marc Sherman, a Washington, DC, lawyer; and Dr. Bruce Moskowitz, a West Palm Beach, Florida, physician, according to ProPublica.

The trio started advising the VA on budgeting and contracting issues, ProPublica reported, but they soon began to advance the idea of selling veterans' medical data.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

Skwirl posted:

Imagine being one of the 2 employees who voted against a union and then having lunch with your coworkers the next day.

It's an NLRB election, so it had to be done by anonymous vote. As long as they pretend like they're happy it went that way, they'll be fine.

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

Skwirl posted:

I don't even like Captain Marvel that much, but my 60 year old mom and her best friend both loving loved it and not every movie needs to be made for me and at a 1 billion dollar box office clearly it was a movie for a lot of people.

Like, I watched a lot of Marvel films with my family for the first time when they came out and Captain Marvel was easily the one my mom was most excited about afterwards. Most of what I look forward to about the sequel is watching it with my mom, I don't give a poo poo about the actual film.

This. My blond then 4 year old freaked the gently caress out that there was a superhero that looked just like her, and I want everybody to get that feeling, even if the movie isn't for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speak
Jul 20, 2001

E the Shaggy posted:

There's never not a good time to post the video of Stan Lee absolutely destroying McFarlane and Liefeld.

https://youtu.be/RmLFGWAyajU

What a legend.