Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
I wonder if it comes already smelling like unwashed armpits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The only comics channel I trust is Comictropes.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I wonder how it works internally when someone murders their boss like that. Does she become EIC now?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I would feel bad for the people who bought the book but I’ve talked to people who bought the book and they’ve all been horrible.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

If the site launch is as timely as his book launches, there’s nothing to be concerned about.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

E the Shaggy posted:

The most important thing for Ethan I'm sure is being able to lie about numbers moving forward/continue whatever weird money laundering scheme Comicsgate is actually doing.

Oh for sure. The group of sycophants he’s cultivated will gladly continue to give him money for nothing but the pride of owning the libs.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

JordanKai posted:

Mark Brooks is in the replies to this tweet saying he's pro-NFT. That's not something I wanted to find out today. :(

e: Maybe he's joking. I'm too worn out to detect sarcasm today.

I’m pretty sure he said that because EVS hates him, to dissuade the NFT frog from happening

Note: I didn’t look into it beyond seeing Brooks’ original tweet

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Not sure if this is the right place but I bought a 7 dollar comic from TFAW and they charged me 26 dollars to ship it 30 miles. I think that’s terrible.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Definitely shy of 40.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I talked to someone and what the deal is apparently when I set up the account 10 or so years ago the two day or express option was selected on the account. This is the first time I've used it in years (i went and looked and the last order was so long ago it isn't listed in the history) and I didn't recall that. The shipping was "estimated" at the time of order and they used that old setting to set up shipping when it came into stock. I'll take part of the blame, however the cost should've been given to me before the item charged and shipped. I can't think of another online retailer who manages shipping preferences in this way. So, pay attention to your settings if you decide to order from them.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

terrible =/= “terrible”

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Jun 16, 2022

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Odin doesn’t even have a fade in the book, he’s bald.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I think it's just incredibly tone deaf and poorly written. Though to browse the conversation this has RUINED!!!!!! Miles as a character. People need to relax.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

True, true. What we know for sure is he's not a great writer and lacks cultural sensitvity. He may also be racist either outwardly or internally.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Dawgstar posted:

I don't really know what editors at Marvel do anymore. Spell checks?

Keep Peter and MJ from getting married and being happy.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Well, there’s an apology

https://gizmodo.com/marvel-miles-morales-what-if-thor-comic-writer-apologiz-1849096096

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I’m sure editorial pushed him to fall on the sword for everyone above

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Should I feel bad for people who fall for these NFT scams? I don't, but should I?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

If it's Pepop and Memaw, they probably don't know better. Do Memaw and Pepop know what a blockchain is? Probably not. Anyone with enough understanding of the internet to seek out and buy one, they should know the history of the things. If you go to Scamsville USA and get scammed, well thats on you. At least thats my thought now.

Its like backing an EVS comic in 2022. If you know enough to back one, you should know enough to avoid backing one.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Exactly

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/bleedingcool/status/1542174946125926402?s=21&t=Cs19_7CDNciP6ByXXa5yqQ

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

Awesome, good, great, I'm certainly loving glad this is a thing. Nothing like silencing voices through meaningless lawsuits.

I'm not normally a memoir graphic novel reader, but I will buy this one.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

As an ex-librarian, I appreciate you and your support. Librarians and teachers need all the help we can get battling ignorance and intolerance.

My plan was to read the book and donate it to a local library. Here in Oregon it will probably be okay (ish)

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Do I want to know what this Pender guy’s deal is?

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/davidwalker1201/status/1544329224911142912?s=21&t=yoaKgo6yRwiEGMBPieSm4w

https://twitter.com/davidwalker1201/status/1544387208806731776?s=21&t=yoaKgo6yRwiEGMBPieSm4w

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I say as a person in recovery that Scott can go gently caress a cactus.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Madkal posted:

The thing is Adams is pretty loving incapable of seeing a third option of people actually helping those with addiction because needing help is a sign of weakness followed over with some other MAGA style bootstraps bullshit,. So yes, he would rather his family members died then doing anything to help them.

There are plenty of people in his replies saying people like myself aren't human and should be killed. That's awesome. I know that a lot of my fellow americans feel that way, but it sure feels lovely to see it over and over again. Boosting that kind of POV is the kind of poo poo that should get someone deplatformed in my opinion. It costs lives. People don't seek treatment because they feel less than human already and seeing it reinforced just keeps them out there slowly killing themselves.

This is my soapbox, apologies.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

ImpAtom posted:

Believe me, there are plenty of people on the same page as you. I'm pretty sure at least a third to half of this forum has people saying every day that they are inhuman monster pedophiles who deserve to die.

True.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Here’s their statement

https://twitter.com/onipress/status/1547739804099497994?s=21&t=xfSN-zZad5xhqTnn0eYWjw

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

JordanKai posted:

Would it shock you to hear that their PR staff was included in the lay-offs?

Not one bit.

I'm glad I bought Gender Queer before this happened, it would feel a bit off to give them money now. That aside, GC is a great book.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

https://twitter.com/ramonvillalobos/status/1563627808416403456?s=21&t=KsNvL2_qREUplSz2HW7HWw

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Thanagarians are the Puerto Ricans of space.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Already banned?

https://twitter.com/ethanvansciver/status/1566577539157573633?s=46&t=ldCq3rAdWuH8OBEaLexogA

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Gripweed posted:

One of them posted a bomb threat. In Belfast. The place which famously does not take bomb threats lightly.

Against the person spearheading the campaign to get the site taken down

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Just checked, he’s still passed out. Hopefully someone is checking in on him .

https://twitter.com/thevikkiverse/status/1568012108771786753?s=46&t=W9Pjkj8eSe4M6AiBvZL4NQ

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

His “fans” were cheering on the blackout. Hopefully someone with his best interest in mind can convince him to seek treatment.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

I don't know what they're trying to say, but I hope its wrong.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

Davros1 posted:

What has he done? I don't recall the name.

He's the main artist on DC vs Vampires right now.

https://dc.fandom.com/wiki/DC_vs._Vampires_Vol_1?file=DC_vs._Vampires_Vol_1_1.jpg

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

According to some people the Putin thing is a parody or spoof (don’t read Russian so I’ve no idea what they say) but those censored photos don’t seem good no matter the context

If you wanna see go to this profile

https://twitter.com/elaisamisstery?s=21&t=HUgIKrF4DpFIlJN4JvgpJQ

Joe Fisto fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Sep 11, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

So was all the gross stuff drawn by someone he mentored?