Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Just to confirm: This is still the thread to talk about general industry issues like labor problems etc, yes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wonder which record that is. I'm not sure what agency records sleazebags.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How is that bank fraud? There's no laws against having multiple bank accounts, and I really doubt the US government gives a poo poo about you paying whatever GFM's fees are. At most it might be a GFM TOS violation.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lunatic Sledge posted:

it's not a crime per se, but I could definitely see it being investigated as possible laundering
Can't wait to find out EVS has been dealing drugs on the side.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

love too spend my friday night reading legal docs

Seriously, I'm reading it.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

i guess it's just a motion to dismiss on jurisdiction grounds but contains quotes from a lot of lovely tweets dickies made, i havent read it all myself
I read through the 21-page doc (going through the 84-page one now), and yeah, it's almost entirely just a motion to dismiss based on that Dickie filed in Texas which has no jurisdiction over Waid since he doesn't live or work there, owns no property, and does no business specifically in Texas while both his and Dickie's posts have been directed to general audiences, not specifically to Texas. There's some discussion of Dickie's Twitter and YouTube, but they're largely immaterial to the request. It's not actually that interesting.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

This is actually a masterpiece of storytelling and all you sjws are just jealous haters

I am actually a bit jealous that I can't find anyone stupid enough to give me $119k for nothing

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

EVS is a really great artist, and is by far the most talented that's openly supported CG. I'm glad he's decided to gently caress off and do his lovely indie comic, though, since it means I don't have to worry that he'll work on a comic I might be interested in.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Here's a Kickstarter comics anthology dedicated as against hate. Lots of big names, and apparently anything earned will be dedicated to SPLC.

https://twitter.com/gregpak/status/1062155654083895296

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nah, Jabba is clearly Pepe, so Leia is the SJW. Which she literally is.

In skimming through that Twitter thread, Death Ray seems to be giving himself any amount of credit at all, despite the fact that without him being there, CG would have imploded exactly the same.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Archyduke posted:

His comic Weapon Brown had fans around here a few years ago IIRC. I think it's the same guy? From what I remember of the art that got posted periodically it looks like the same style.

Yeah, that's him. It's a fun enough book.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Nah just some FYAD idiot.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/neilhimself/status/1063871261808476160

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Can't get idiot centrist Democrats to watch your show if you're a libertarian.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Racism, sexism, and transphobia: very progressive views espoused by one Bill Maher.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Maher is racist, homophobic, transphobic and I'm very willing to believe endless Mike's assertion that he's misogynist, so if you willingly listen to his stuff on the regular maybe you're just a piece of poo poo

During the 2016 campaign he claimed that Hillary was crying to "get her way" and when that football player choked out Tila Tequila his response was something like "I'm surprised no one had choked that bitch sooner."

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Holy poo poo

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The only person I know is a barely left of center Liberal who loves things like Amazon building half an HQ here because they will raise the value of his rental properties.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I wish they had stuck with "Nuff said, Bill!"

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The idea that people saying "actually, no, queer people shouldn't be put to death" will drive people into the arms of "they should, along with black and brown people and Jews" is completely laughable, and you have to be crazy to think this is the case.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/ColleenDoran/status/1071082978615250945

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

He's not taking credit. Someone in this thread incorrectly attributed him.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Like do they not know that mythological Loki became a lady horse and made horse babies?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Wanderer posted:

With the announcement of Saladin Ahmed's new Ms. Marvel book, the chuds are coming back out in force.

https://twitter.com/BleedingFool/status/1071454233843695617

I'm sure they are deeply concerned about who writes Ms. Marvel, a Muslim character.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I can't believe (((Soros))) is now paying Renfamous and SJWSpiderMan to directly harrass good boy Ethan!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

ryonguy posted:

This.

That's also a really poorly worded tweet because I thought it implied the course was offered through University of Phoenix which did raise my eyebrows a little.

TBF for-profit universities are pretty garbo, but I don't really think MasterClass is pretending that you get something like a degree at the end. They're just fun classes you might learn something in, like taking a pottery class at a local place, only online.

But yeah, I don't really think Gaiman is doing anything wrong by not just teaching a thing for free, nor do I think $180 is remotely unreasonable a year of classes by world-renowned artists and experts (and $90 for just the Gaiman class is totally reasonable). But I also recognize that other people's finances are not the same as my own, so what I consider reasonable might be well outside someone else's. I'll agree it's a bit distasteful of him to retweet people begging for money for his class, but I'm sure he's just doing it to boost the signal a bit.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Boy, making GBS threads in the memory of someone who was regarded as one of the nicest people in the industry sure sounds like a great way to get work in a small, insular industry.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

God, I wouldn't have remotely blamed him for taking the offer given how much they jerked him around on that F4 run, but that's cool of him.

E: It would have had to have been DC. As far as I'm aware, only Marvel, DC, and maybe Dark Horse would have been offering exclusives, and there's no way in hell Dark Horse was offering anything competitive with Marvel.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yvonmukluk posted:

So it turns out the Bad Mike just burnt a copy of his ripoff Wieringo cover to trigger people.

Oh no. What a surprise.

Have they established whether or not it he drew on the original art or traced it? It's still unclear.
The video someone posted looked like he was lightboxing it.

E: https://twitter.com/ObscureAaron/status/1092130741956169733

E2: On the other hand, you can see some of Ringo's lines on the final piece, so ugh.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

What the hell is with these shitters and Wieringo in particular? They seem really keen on acting like he's one of theirs somehow.

He's dead so he can't say otherwise.

Same reason they tried to claim Kirby.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/renfamous/status/1093252340319207424

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

Oh cool I'm not the only person who started drawing for the first time ever a month ago and has delusions of getting published

Yeah, but as a filthy SJW, Marvel is probably knocking down your door trying to hire you to draw gay trans black Spider-Man and ruin all comics forever!

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Samovar posted:

Hasn't there been like a major backlash against the ACLU now because of this support for all causes?

Yes and they have reexamined their policies and recognized that free speech is actually bad when it espouses hurting others.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

site posted:

I know a bunch of the then local ACLU employees quit after they realized what they were culpable in doing, but I don't remember hearing that the organization itself decided to stop repping Nazis. That's good

Hm I looked it up and what they actually did was say they wouldn’t support protests where people bring guns. Not quite the same.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

bunnyofdoom posted:

Didn't Sims have his own milkshake duck moment some years ago?
Kinda yeah. He had been lovely to a female writer a long time ago, apologized sincerely and everyone moved on since it was largely because she was not actually a good person and there were some other things going on.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Dawgstar posted:

What came out about D'Orazio?

I don't know the specifics so I can't really speak on it more than other people saying she wasn't really a saint. Some short Googling suggests she had her own set of "feuds" around the same time as Sims' with her.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Yeah, thanks for the repost from this very page.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/spookperson/status/1097564030179241990

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/ourfoundingliar/status/1098661277524770818

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You probably shouldn't be posting full comics, even ones by horrible assholes.