Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The last few pages seemed to kind of revolve around what 'victory' would look like and that weirdo seemed to focus a lot on how unless gators were 100% stomped out victory would never happen and we were all stupid for trying. I disagree a ton with that because like Lunatic is talking about there are always gonna be bad actors and smug chuds and people who don't know better who are always gonna fall for this stuff for whatever reason.

What we CAN do is make sure as many people as possible know about these ludicrous movements, who they are and what their real intentions are, so that anyone they approach knows 100% what they're really about and they can't get people wrapped up in false narratives or hide behind bad faith arguments. I'd say going by the amount of industry figures stepping up and calling this poo poo for what it really is and how little traction any kind of "well it's really about ethics in comics..." defences of them are getting, that kind of victory is going much better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
The new narrative seems to be that evil SJWs are insulting Stan Lee and that's driving people towards cgate again.

I assume what's actually happening is people just making the usual statements about Lee having a very contentious and mixed history in comics witj Kirby etc and it's being blown up by the usual reprobates?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
I mean these people constantly mistake even the gentlest and smallest drift towards tolerance towards non-cishet dudes in media as a massive leftist conspiracy designed to encourage the Great Replacement of white men, so they probably do think Renfamous is a con puppetmaster yeah.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Big props to Don Cheadle for directly engaging with this bullshit.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Was it that guy or Scott Kurtz who was obsessed with getting syndication back when webcomics were still absolutely not a stable career and getting into a newspaper was the golden path? Maybe that broke his brain.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Apparently the proud tradition of far-right radio/shock-jock personalities making American Badass comics of themselves is alive and well:

https://twitter.com/QanonAnonymous/status/1175545824597565440

Posobiec is a huge MAGA chud who rides the line between "just hilariously stupid dumbass who can't even cheat on his wife right" and "oh poo poo wait no this isn't funny he actually causes real harm" but this seems firmly in the former category. He made a lot of money and connections off pizzagate dogshit and now he's pivoting to being a secret agent guy I guess by hiring Chuck Dixon to make a comic of himself and his wife and Tactical Baby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Every single thing Terrific Inc posts has enormous cokehead energy.