Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I know nothing about how that industry actually works, but does the strike apply to anything made wholly outside the US like Canadian or British work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Other than being conservative, what kind of stuff has he said before to get the hate he does. Conservatives are not good people as is, but I was wondering what exactly put him into the "hey gently caress that guy" group.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Jesus. Thanks for the context, and hey gently caress that guy.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

As an aging white man, I really wish aging white men would shut the gently caress up and go make their beds or wash their truck or something. There are a billion other things these dopes could be doing. I just beat Final Fantasy 7 Remake after never playing the original. They could do that too! For such tough guys they whine a lot about fictional characters. None of these jerkoffs can put out a book in shops that sells. None. It's all Patreon grifts and the like. People don't want conservative leaning white savior books.

Are all the assholes pirating the books they say they hate for having icky girls and Those People in them? They're too old to be doing YouTube shows. Go mow your lawns.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Once again, as a middle aged white guy, I'd like to ask my mayonnaise brothers to please just shut the gently caress up and sit down and listen instead of pouting they can't use slurs as punchlines anymore.

Millar, EVS, Leifeld.

These 3 men have not put out anything of relevance in over a decade at the least in comics. Millar was extremely influential on the MCU and had two series adapted into films. Am I just unaware, or has anything else he's done been successful since? Wanted has very little in common with the book, and I honestly don't remember Kick rear end much at all, comic or movie.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

He and Trump both got their hair from the same drain.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

I owned a lot of Warren Ellis and had quite a few autographed books.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Isn't Cameron Stewart still doing regular big 2 books, including his White Knight universe stuff for DC which seems to be rather popular. Unless I'm getting him confused with someone else.

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

Ah yeah ok. My bad, thanks for the correction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lucifunk
Nov 11, 2005

RevKrule posted:

It's been a slow burn. I mostly started noticing it in the past couple months when i saw him retweeting stuff about the Soska Sisters new project with the Rippaverse. He then started appearing on Eric July's youtube channel and promoting that. And recently I saw him retweeting a project from a Melanie Mac fanboy and that kinda became the final straw for me.

He's a big "creator owned, back kickstarter projects" kinda guy but it felt like it's going in a direction that's gonna be bad.

It's one of those things where I felt like i was seeing the flags starting to pop up and having to say to myself "am I actually the crazy one?"

I don't think he's alt-right per se but it feels like one of those "we need to find a middle ground with people who are actively antagonizing vulnerable groups' succlib centrist bullshit you hear.

I know he's very good friends with Quesada so it'd surprise me if he went chuddy. Likely he's just older and doesn't follow the minutia imo. Being married to one of the biggest female artists doesn't seem to mesh with CG either.

It's this century though so they're probably terrible and awful. I hope not though.