Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

Something I've been wondering about -

So, by the end of this, we can distinguish two separate lines of supernatural activity - the primary being the house and its time-fuckery and people-devouring etc etc. However, we also know that Olivia has migraines of a mysterious sort, and during Theo's episode Olivia talks as if Theo's sensitivity comes from her blood.

So - should we be assuming that Olivia's magical bloodline is related to the house in some way? Or, is this just a universe where Magic poo poo Happens, and a family w magic blood happened to move into a haunted house.

Did I miss anything that clarifies this? Or are these just dangling threads to seduce a sequel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flutch
Jun 26, 2008

Agreed, and I don't really think it matters. I'm watching it a second time through tho and can't help but geek out about the lore lol. 100% agree though that the family drama is the most important thing. trauma is as scary or scarier than ghosts. hauntology etc etc. a lot of the family sequences, esp. w/ the dad finally speaking on the past, and the twins being indivisible, hit me way deeper than any of the spookiness.

• Locked thread