Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Huzzah! posted:

God loving damnit!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I like how the author continues to find a way to draw a sexy Senshi

you piece of poo poo, senshi was always sexy.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

Everyone is adorable

Except chilchak, he just looks run down

chilchak is a middle aged deadbeat dad. the outside now matches the inside.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ha ha, marceline is the least pretty of them as an elf

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
marcille's problem is much worse than merely being a half elf. she's a nerd!

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
halfling marcille was the mvp of this chapter

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the mushrooms only change a creature slightly

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
laius is a good boy but he's just so weird. you can't expect random strangers to always look past all that weirdness.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tarezax posted:

I interpreted that as just making them vulnerable to predation, due to isolation and presumably some measure of disorientation as well. There's real organisms with similar reproductive strategies, see toxoplasmosis

that might be true if not for densuke sprouting a bunch of mushrooms later that day.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
laius and farlyn are both eccentric misfits. farlyn was talented enough at magic that she could still find a place for herself, but laius' peculiar interests weren't accompanied by any special talent. well, useful talent. the man is a master at dog impressions.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i hadn't read the dragon school one, meaning both the anthology and that particular story. it was a really good chapter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i love the elves.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Brought To You By posted:

Dungeon ecology isn't a new idea, but without knowing anything about this series I can tell you what inspired the writer to pursue that theme in this story.

that art is really amateurish. it's even more exaggerated because they chose to rip off an excellent artist.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think any of them can beat the captain solving every problem with random teleportation.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Jen X posted:

I am so, so into Lauis and Falin's reasons for exploring the dungeon. Just...the joy of exploration and discovery. It owns.

Also, I note that Marcille never actually said her age...

we already know, it's 20,000 years

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if their parents were normal at all it's pretty understandable that laius wouldn't get along with them.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i'm not entirely sure if winged lion is as shady as he seems. he encouraged laius to continue what he was already doing, and at the end warned him about the dangerous mofos who will definitely try to stop him.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
elves in dm are simultaneously the worst and the best.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the most interesting part is how those two are now in the general area of the main party's final showdown. that encounter was gonna be rough on laius and co no matter what. now, there are two spoilers who are each dangerous in their own way with goals that are incompatible with saving farlyn.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
good desires aren't mundane. it's why misurn was a failed host.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
thistle may have outsmarted that dungeon's demon, taking his power but then sealing him away. the dungeon is likely declining because he can't make further wishes. if the demon is free there's nothing stopping him from immediately jumping ship to laius without sending him on a quest first.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i think that post belongs in this thread

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i only want there to be a dm anime if it is a gorgeous labor of love. like, why even bother otherwise?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Avordoc posted:

couldn't figure out the timing or order.

don't worry, she couldn't either

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
not even being transformed into a bird dragon centaur can stop farlyn from being cute

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
we haven't seen or heard of domesticated dragons, so the problem is likely in gathering it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh my lord farlyn's t-shirt is wonderful

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
laios' obsessions are things he can actually pursue himself. marcille wants something that would fundamentally change the entire world and is completely impossible. the scale is completely different.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
keeping the details of demons secret is probably for the best. sure, no one knows what to watch out for, but at least they don't have tons of crazies actively seeking out demons. those fuckers grant wishes, and none of the caveats would stop anyone sufficiently determined, desperate or delusional.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
chilchuck is right about laios.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so cithis is exactly as she seemed.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if they explained the danger they'd also have to explain that demons grant wishes. even if they framed it as pure illusion (it isn't), there would still be plenty of takers.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Captain Invictus posted:

they could just lie and say something like "at the heart of every dungeon is a demon who possesses a victim and devours their soul, turning them into the dungeon master. anyone who kills the dungeon master is at risk of having their soul consumed and their body turned into the next puppet for the demon." the faithful would fear for their soul itself and the unfaithful probably wouldn't want to gently caress with an otherworldly being that can easily kill them. they wouldn't need to mention the wish thing.

or they could go with this method which is clearly working very well for them

it's a tough situation

whoa, so that's how you become a dungeon master? that sounds pretty sweet! everyone knows that dungeons generate treasure!

they'd just ignore the parts they didn't like and come up with reasons why they, personally, would be okay. every dungeon diver is willing to risk their life to fulfill their desires and they are all potential dungeon masters.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
mithrun was a canary who knew all about demons and dungeons and he still succumbed to temptation. the canaries suck but they are less bad than any other option.

laios' party got screwed over hard by not knowing anything about demons. however, if they had known then laios and marcille probably would have done different but equally stupid things.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
healing magic isn't divine in this setting. if there are clergy they either aren't empowered or aren't going out to dungeons.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i just want laius' va to do his dog impression well

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
that's untrue. there are multiple gay elves.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's evil from a human perspective, but it isn't sadistic or cruel. it's just too alien, is all.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
oh no, namari has gone to the world of really long, sexy legs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i don't think they were even wrong in treating everyone like idiot children. obviously, people keep going into dungeons and asking demons for wishes. no amount of warnings or education could ever change this.

that they were correct and justified has nothing to do with how big of jerks they are in general, though.