Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

One Piece is consistently loving ugly. Despite the seeming fertility of visual design, there's no imagination or invention in it as sequential art. There's no illusion of movement, it's a series of characters being alternatively frozen in place, in extreme close-up, or bursting in action. Every page is stuffed with detail to the point of incoherence. The result is a static mess.

nope you're wrong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bad Seafood posted:

I mean, their parents probably cared for her, albeit from a distance? Presumably they paid to send her to school, and they're still keeping written correspondence with her.

IIRC Laius and Farlyn are minor nobility, so it seems more likely the villagers and servants were isolating her, which seems to be the case in Laius' flashback. He probably left as soon as he was able to, when he was of age, but taking his sister with him would've been irresponsible. Could you honestly see an 18-year-old Laius taking care of his 17-year-old sister (or 16/15, whatever the standard)? He probably knew he couldn't take her along, or maybe he was also an outcast (for being a huge weirdo) and left for his own reasons.

It reads poorly at first blush but, thinking about it, there's a some charitable context that isn't a stretch.

he also literally left to join the military so he couldn't take her and he had no desire to stay in his village.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i dunno if marcelle's a teenager she's just really really into like bodice ripper romance novels

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Explosions posted:

I believe it was JK Rowling who said that the right approach to worldbuilding is to ask yourself, "how do their toilets work", and then tell yourself that the wizards poop on the ground where they stand, like a horse, and use their magic to make the poop disappear.

i mean they did that for real without the power to disappear the poop by magic in the past.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i'm not entirely sure if winged lion is as shady as he seems. he encouraged laius to continue what he was already doing, and at the end warned him about the dangerous mofos who will definitely try to stop him.

also he even showed that it isn't going to be some grand utopia. I believe in winged lion.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i think you guys are being a bit too literal. the dungeon "eats" desires and when full overflows monsters and creates destruction

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

somepartsareme posted:

This manga would get slightly lamer if the lion was right and Laius was the Chosen One to be the Good Ruler of the Dungeon so I choose to believe he's a lying demon

see i think lying demon is way lamer than laius creating a nice dungeon society

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I'm amazed that a catgirl character actually behaves like a cat instead of just being there to please weirdos.

and yet all you weirdos seem so pleased!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
i think y'all are way overestimating this japanese lady's interest in harrypotter english twitter