Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
What's really funny is that evidently every other member of the party was successful at being corrupt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

he's a

heart-taker

lunch-maker

bread-breaker

don't talk to me or my daughters ever again

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Is she a sapient trafficker, or is that just the phrase they're using for "I slept with half-foots who were objectively capable of consenting to the relationship by any standard other than the insane ones elves use"? Because I don't see that listed anywhere else.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Oh, okay, on closer reference the other elves are making fun of her for dating half-foots; she didn't actually go to jail for that.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Nice to have a copy of the Adventurer's Bible, but is it just me or is the quality of the Amazon file incredibly low? It's only 66MB and it's giving me a headache to read it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Razakai posted:

regarding the winged lion appearing in the resurrection, the way I took it is magic = demon, so even after his defeat he's still present for that sort of stuff.

I kind of read it as "Oh, man, I could do something really hosed-up and cruel here, but you know what, I'm not actually that invested in being a little poo poo. Funny curse it is."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Tunicate posted:

Yeah but it would have saved a ton of hassle if she teleported the dragon instead

Maybe not for the people living up top.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Yeah, I think the two main things about Otta are:
  • other elves are, broadly, way more scandalized by the fact that Otta is dating outside her race than by any the things that we would consider crimes, even if that is not actually what she is in jail for, and
  • Otta is not a very good girlfriend, but none of the other elves are ever going to figure out exactly why that is.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I don't think the elves are scandalized by ancient magic.* Like, it's super-illegal for obvious reasons, but she was just doing it because she wanted money. That's not a scandal.

Now, dating a twenty-year-old half-foot (or was it a twenty-year-old long-legs? so hard to tell the difference)? That's scandalous!

* at least, not by someone selling it. Wolf-boy is probably scandalous.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Seven Little Sons of the Dragon is officially available in English and even with the boom of people interested in Delicious in Dungeon I struggle to sell it.

Makes me sad

I didn't know it existed, but thanks to you, I now own it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I feel like Izutsumi's schtick works better when it's added to an established group dynamic anyway.

Instead of putting her into this story sooner, why not insert her halfway into another series, like Utena, or Frieren, or Madoka?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Wow, I was not expecting Laios/Kabru to hit Marcille/Falin levels of "it's all but explicitly canon."

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Maybe I'm forgetting something, but who's the walking person in blue in the OP wearing a vest and carrying a stick whose face we can't see? I was thinking it had to be Thistle, but the vest doesn't seem to quite match his usual design (although I guess he's allowed to change close) and they seem to be carrying a walking stick rather than his usual wand. He also isn't usually part of a group unless we're seeing him with the Golden Kingdom dudes in happier days.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

YggiDee posted:

Is he Thistle or Sissel? My version of the manga has been using the latter.

Thistle is definitely the correct one; the adventurer's bible comments that he's named after the thistle plant. The manga translation gets this wrong, along with assuming that he's female because the original used ambiguous pronouns.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Terrifying Effigies posted:

Its so great how a guy who'd normally be a minor villain/antagonist or punchline actually adapts and grows in response to the poo poo thrown at him.

Pretty much everybody in this story acts rationally according to their motivations and perceived best interests.

One of my favorite bits, now that I've gone back and read the middle after missing a lot of it in serialization, is how the Canaries honestly hardly ever do anything sketchy. In fact, they're frequently reasonable and willing to negotiate, and they hardly ever threaten to do any of the things that elves are infamous for doing. They just have really bad attitudes and work for a government with a bad reputation, and as a result nobody thinks its in their best interests for the elves to get what they want.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

SexyBlindfold posted:

This ep reminded me how massively awkward Shuro is towards every member of his party but especially towards the lady he definitely knows is banging his dad

There's nothing quite so complex as your social dynamic with a woman who calls you "master" and insists she lives to serve you, but has spanked you in the past when you misbehaved and has not explicitly promised not to do so again.*

* unless it's a sex thing; that's normal

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Chilchuck will give a higher rating if all the half-foots on the island agree to it.

Namari's rating is equal to her weekly salary in gold pieces.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Arguably the whole place being folded up and going open-air would have pushed the corpse hunter corpses up to where the corpse hunter corpse hunters could be expected to find those corpses.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

SexyBlindfold posted:

"is smelly" doing a lot of work as the only Senshi flaw that's unique to him (namari was also garbage at guessing ages, remember when she described Falin as "uh... somewhere between in her teens and 40 something :confused:"?)

Senshi is also more prone to racial prejudices than the other members of the cast, and tends to be a little arrogant about his superior knowledge of the dungeon that sometimes lead to him being eaten by a kelpie. (He's also pretty fussy about magic being "the easy way" which honestly kind of merits a "let's see you do it, then, Mr. Didn't-Get-A-Degree-In-Sorcery".)

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Honestly I feel like Marcille probably has the fewest flaws as far as normal life goes. She really only starts acting crazy when the situation gets crazy, like, when her girlfriend dies or she gets the chance to seize the power of a god.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I feel like Chilchuck's major flaw is pretty clearly "unable to express his emotions without an entire chapter of prep".

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Kabru discourse is all I could have wished for.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Kabru discourse gives me strength.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Maybe he just started thinking about those things more?

Laios has always had formidable observational skills, and I don't think Kabru was exactly wrong when he characterized Laios' inability to read the room as a character flaw rather than a disability. Once he made up his mind to pay more attention to people, he got better at it.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

Jerkface posted:

as a big time wine guy i wanna drink the dungeon meshi wine so bad

find out what it's made of first

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I had some really good katsu curry while I was in Paris, but it would probably be better not to call it a curry and just think of it as beef stew made by someone with a spice rack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

I feel like Marcille's explanation of why she probably left in the Bicorn chapter is most likely correct, especially since Chilchuck's reaction was "gently caress, you came up with that in thirty seconds and it's already more plausible than any explanation I've ever invented."