Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

I think about Laius spot on mimicry of dogs barking a lot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

The mangaka had way too much fun drawing this

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

This manga is good

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

You know one thing I noticed on a reread is that Laius wants to punish the mad sorcerer and him apologize for his actions. Most people would be like murder the sorcerer and its a good look at what kind of person Laius is.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Who cares about the gender just marry them

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Man the elves kinda made that sorcerer look like a chump there.

That's pretty impressive

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

lovely wizard

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

A good reminder of how Larius is percieved by others

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

This is such a good manga

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Good faces

Good story

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Feel like Laius despite all his faults is more emotionally stable and firm in his convictions that it would be hard to manipulate him

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Love the rabbit mimicing the crying in the back as well

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Can I just say that, especially in light of his character spotlight, this panel was amazing?

Its so in character that it was something I expected and was happy to see it happen

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

Maybe they’d be more effective at containing the demon threat if they worked with the local peoples instead of paternalistically ordering them around

Who knows maybe they've tried that before and it turned out disastrously. They are a long lived bunch and problem with long lived is that you see failures constantly

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Stupid sexy demon

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

meanwhile Korean just goes with 던전밥 which is essentially Dungeon Food

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Countblanc posted:

I would be pretty disappointed if this was the explanation, since it comes across more as a sort of a "ah, gotcha!" technicality rather than anything character-driven like the aforementioned Laios' morals letting him chow down on the "human" who is also a monster but not his friends

But that would be so like Laios to become the monster that fucks with the plan as an unintentional side effect

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Is it fair for a manga to be this consistently good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

MagusDraco posted:

Well they realized it too late to save JoJo Part 6 but better late than never

Poor part 6 honestly. It always had a bad rep but doing that to the anime meant it never even got a chance