Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Huzzah! posted:

gently caress her up Izutsumi!

I believe her. She's incredibly strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Izutsumi should appreciate hugs more

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Izutsumi is ready to go, she's gonna totally wreck this fool.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Now that he's in a human body the Winged Lion will easily be won over by Senshi's home cooking. This fight is already over.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

We already know the plan is for Senshi to cook Laios a traditional meal from his home town. Chilchuck's scathing lecture will give Senshi all the time he needs to prepare it and the Winged Lion will be unable to resist the allure of delicious home cooking.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Laios about to eat Laios.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Laios about to eat Laios.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I dunno, Laios seemed to figure out a decent enough direct way to solve the dungeon problem that i'm assuming is going to end with everyone mostly ok. And he's an idiot!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Anyway, I guess this set of chapters probably isn't fully over yet but I think it really peaked with the Marcille stuff. I like Laios the monster cooking freak discovering a creative solution to dealing with a demon's desire due to having a unique perspective on apetite (even if its kinda cheap) but this exploration of the winged lion and Laios' darker side hasn't hit half as hard as the gang "confronting" Marcille the Dungeon Lord.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

thetoughestbean posted:

So like, the demon’s not hungry anymore but he did eat a whole bunch of people. Is that going to be dealt with?

No the world has been destroyed

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The whole thing about how Falin can be resurrected by making everyone in the story eat a big ol serving of Chimera stew is just so perfect an outcome that I can't imagine it not happening. Wonder if the curse will be more about Laios being unable to stay with his sis or something instead of her not being saved.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Good chap

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Its from the chapter directly after the succubus fight, when Laios flashbacks to getting defeated because he was really into someone biting him with a "turn into monster" venom.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Doesn't seem like much of a curse for Laios

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Happy for the Captain

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

this chapter is just for the kabru and captain shippers

They deserve it.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Glad the character epilogues are continuing

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Makese sense. 5 more chapters for the rest of the party + Falin, though I could also see getting a more general final epilogue chapter as well.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

"So that's what the curse was..." :allears:

Its perfect.

This was a good manga imo

E:

HouseofGlass posted:

You're welcome (to everyone else too)! I'm still around, I just like lurking more than posting. Doing big glossaries almost became a game to see if we could outdo each other each time and maybe make a psd file big enough to crash our computers. It's nice to be able to take it easy now though!

Dang, didn't know the translators posted here. Thanks for all your work!

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I wish Falin got to keep her little dragon buddy outside of that dream. I know it's just a part of her soul but it would be cute if she had a little monster pet.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yup

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Good for Kabru

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

VideoWitch posted:

I love Just A Cat Izutsumi

She’s a vicious beastie.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Izutsumi also joins up just as we get to a decent chunk of the story where the gang doesn't meet any other adventurers for a while, so she shakes things up a little and rounds out the party both things that the occasional guest star would do during earlier parts of the story.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chil seems more embarrased about introducing his friends to his daughters than regretful tbh

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Chilchuck presents as a deadbeat because he thinks that makes him come off better than admitting he doesn’t know why his wife left him.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

Everything involving Kabru and his party is going to be fascinating to see how anime fan's opinions develop on in real time.

I'm not ready to see people thinking badly about my boy Kabru.

They just don't know him like I do! :(

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

The Otta thing is a nested joke of she is a slaver but elves are way more shocked about the dating other races things which she gives a big speech about being more worldy and accepting than them only for it to be immediately revealed she'll only ever date someone for a couple of years and then ditch them as soon as they hit the equivalent of mid 20s because she is exactly as bad as every other elf in that group (except for Fleki and Lycion who have done nothing wrong ever).

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

panko posted:

ryoko kui play disco elysium :pray:

Doesn't have any elves tho

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I love him

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Kabru is maybe the best character

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

And Dia's fiance.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Laios is sabotaged by having Chilchuck on his squad. You know he wouldn't give anyone higher than a 61.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Snooze Cruise posted:

I wish people would stop spoiling the fun with Kabru and let new audiences figure them out for themselves~

I too feel the pain of people misunderstanding my boy but I agree the newbies need to learn to the error of their ways themselves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Appropriate because Kabru would love the discourse tbh