Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Choose your class!
Gourmet Fighter
Sauce Wizard
Spice Thief
Condiment Cleric
View Results

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

DrSunshine posted:

Ok. THAT'S IT. Misurn is canceled!! :colbert:

EDIT:

i wish tim kreider was still putting out cartoons, but i guess i respect getting out of the game before you become a stale legacy creator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
izutsumi hesitating to run away and leave everyone behind is so precious

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i liked the bit about their feelings on oysters. you get the feeling that little detail has come up plenty of times in their household

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Siegkrow posted:

BEHOLD MY STAND

man how is laios gonna eat his way out of this pickle?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i can't wait for laios to eat this creepy fucker

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
it seems like it's a problem with how mangadex is currently ordering chapters which use decimals

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

RatHat posted:

Next two chapters of the Adventurer's bible are out. This time it's about Mithrun and the canaries.

So since Mithrun's dungeon was only 40 years ago(and shortly after that was Utaya) if the demon is a single entity then it can apparently be in multiple places at once.
Also it's pretty scary that Mithrun is completely undefeated in dungeons.

lycion walking in to find fleki in a drug induced stupor and rolling her into a recovery position is a great touch. love all the extra characterization for the canaries, they're all so interesting

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
great chapter all around, but mithrun erupting from inside of the bunny-spider was loving horrific

kabru having to manhandle not just one, but both of his idiot wayward charges in a single chapter is so great. poor guy just has to do violence for their own good

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
"the new master of the dungeon is drowning to death"

"ah, he's more clever than he looks"

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
every chapter i feel more and more sympathy for the canaries that have to deal with all of these utter weirdos

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
canaries: "let us perform our intricate and powerful magicks !"
laios: "this reminds me of the time i gave myself intestinal parasites!"

like, how much would it suck to have to deal with that guy?

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
poor kensuke :(

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
if you like the off-beat examination of a fantasy world from through the lens of a focused topic, i can't recommend the previously mentioned heterogenous linguistics and the dragon, the hero, and the courier enough. both thoroughly enjoyable, though the courier one is much more unabashedly cynical than the other two

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

I Am Fowl posted:

The mangaka of the Dragon, the Hero, and the Courier is also a tremendous medieval nerd, to the point that his pen name is a latinization.

i could tell from his after-chapter notes that he was really into medieval history, but the full extent didn't come across until he was breaking down the characteristics of a dozen different styles of shields and it became clear that it was all based of off experience with his personal collection

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Kyte posted:

Is it? I feel it's at worst dark comedy. It's hard to take things super seriously when you've got stuff like class and levels being assigned by government officials.

i'd say the central ideological clash between "the strong should be free to crush the weak" and "society should instill order by turning people into cogs in a grinding machine", and everyone not on a side being too self-interested to provide a third option can be a bit of a downer

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
the spirit of the late king wanders the land searching for monster flesh

perfect coda, no notes

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
If laos didn't end up king he definitely would have been institutionalized

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
wow, i was wondering if i could get my hands on physical copies of the various daydream hours as a gift to someone, and boy is that not an easy process

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Amumin posted:

There is also this piece published in one of Harta's anthologies that was translated recently. Some people here might not have noticed it.

Warning, there's nudity.

this is one instance where i would have appreciated translator notes i picked up on the implications, but i had to go and look up if the sister's name was perceived as masculine in japan to make sure

anyway these are some great shorts the scientist complaining about how boring it is to deal with the in-depth hiring process and health and safety regulations around their teenage mecha pilots was great

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
Tim Curry would be my ideal English va for winged lion. Yes I can't stop thinking about his shapely legs, why do you ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good
i love golden kamuy to death but I would note that it has a level of graphic violence well above that of dungeon meshi. absolutely all time great series, but one that probably needs a content warning