Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Early Access is always a terrible idea lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy

I said come in! posted:

You're leaving out the greater context of my point. Game as a Service titles restrict them to very small player numbers intentionally. They are smaller games. All of Division 2 combined is smaller than a single leveling zone in World of Warcraft. A traditional MMO will always have the potential to see hundreds of players on screen at once. Some modern day ones will restrict this in leveling areas as a quality of life feature so players are not competing over enemies to kill. Most MMOs though you wont see this because most MMOs are dead which is how it should be. :v:
I get what you mean. I suppose it just feels like destiny or the division are mmos

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I saw some guy make a huge effortpost about how the economy got hosed up early on by poopsockers. I can't remember the details but it was enough to make me go "yeah I'll wait on this". If you guys really want to play a Pokemon MMO then PokeMMO is a real thing that exists.

I'll go ahead and address everyone's first question, for some reason they are able to stay afloat through some sort of legal loophole. Something about the fact that they require the ROMs in order to play it.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
The real question is; is it good?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
Its the same gameplay from the gameboy games, except its significantly harder because you can't level up past certain levels until you get badges. So you can't just level one pokemon and stomp everything like the other games. Also it just shows you IVs so you don't have to calculate them.

Snail Information
May 29, 2010

Snailmancy
How is it multiplayer exactly?

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
There's an MMO style chatroom. You see players running around. You can challenge people to fights, there's a tournament mode that forces all levels to 50. There's PvP matchmaking though honestly I haven't messed around with that too much. Right now I'm stuck on the Elite Four, I figured I should at least beat them first. You can go to four different regions, you just go through the storylines of each of the games up to Black and White. There's an auction house where people can sell Pokemon. The whole breeding system is in so there's a bunch of people that just like, breed and sell Pokemon all day. The target audience seems to be someone who played the first couple of Pokemon games and then stopped, which is what I fit into. Also there's an Android version.

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4
That actually sounds kind of cool

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

I also would like to add that I infrequently play Gloria Victis and Conqueror's Blade

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
It's ok, I'm the guy that liked Fallout 76. Anyway if you can get the ROMs you can try it out yourself.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

I’m definitely enjoying my time in Return of Reckoning. It’s just really dumb and fun.

knox
Oct 28, 2004

Return of Reckoning gang. I love having an MMO worth dumping my time into again, and actually enjoying the grind. I've wanted a new PvP/RvR specifically MMO to succeed, or poo poo even be scheduled for release, since the loving beta of Warhammer Online, and the private server Return of Reckoning definitely the PvP game worth playing in my opinion. After the population tripled with the MMO youtuber TheLazyPeon dude's video, and seeing the devs be on top of things already further optimizing the servers, I'm motivated to level the 3-4 characters I want to play and grind out gear through killing other players. I like PvE MMOs and I will play more of FFXIV but I haven't logged into that since starting up with RoR. We got 40 people in the discord for it with maybe 20 active people if anybody thinking about it.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Also, man, it cannot be stated enough how leveling through PvP alone is totally worth doing in the game (and most games). I hope they put on some more 200% XP events with everyone at home pretending to work like me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable

jokes posted:

Also, man, it cannot be stated enough how leveling through PvP alone is totally worth doing in the game (and most games). I hope they put on some more 200% XP events with everyone at home pretending to work like me.

The fastest way to level in Gloria victis is to duel people....

...I'll show myself out