Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Bieeanshee posted:

GW2 and FF14. Just started Stormblood content for the first time.

:same: Both are good in their own way.

FFXIV is like $20 to get started. It covers a month of play, and like 100 hours of gameplay before you need to buy any expansions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

BexGu posted:

I loved Guild Wars 2 and played it on and off for 5 years but I feel like I'm at the point where I'm burned out of the game. Loved it at the beginning but ready to see what they could pull off for a Guild Wars 3 (which probably won't happen for another 7 years or so).

Can I have your stuff/account?

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Zwiebel posted:

This isn't a major criticism or anything, but apropos of people mentioning modern WoW, it makes me wish it was playable with a controller by default. I've seen people attempt to do that stuff with a boatload of addons, but it's kind of a crapshoot.
Many classes being designed around having strong short cooldowns and plenty of filler abilities that you spam on every global cooldown when all your other abilities aren't available is kind of a pain in the rear end on a keyboard. Doing button mashy stuff like that has always felt better with a controller.

I really like FFXIVs take on controllers in an MMO. I wish more games would use it.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

FFXIV my friend :getin: