Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Discuss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Also, IndyCar is using some cool new tech to help diagnose concussions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukh1-Sxa8PQ

Maybe the NFL should HAHAHAHAHAH who am I kidding.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

iospace posted:

Also, IndyCar is using some cool new tech to help diagnose concussions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukh1-Sxa8PQ

Maybe the NFL should HAHAHAHAHAH who am I kidding.

Still maybe the greatest tweet ever.

https://twitter.com/PFTCommenter/status/939945215762358272

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

:stonklol:

For content: I'm glad Mason got whatever the hell he had going on last week out of his system. Guy isn't bad, just every few years has a tremendously terrible game.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Yeah, and next MNF they'll play the whole game. :rimshot:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Repost from old n/v thread:

Realtalk: Seahawks aren't going anywhere. Any buyer should Jody Allen choose to sell is going to want to keep the team here, being:

1. We have a good stadium situation
2. Home games sell out at really high rates, even during our bad seasons
3. The money in Seattle is flowing in (pay no attention to the homeless people on the streets, though!)
4. Basically the fan base is more or less established and doesn't show any sign of weakening out. Take them out of the northwest and you basically are taking a huge gamble on an untested market

What the worse thing that would happen would be to sell it to a lovely owner who knows nothing about football and becomes a micromanager. Basically the best thing about Paul Allen was that he was relatively hands off and let his GMs and Presidents run the show, for better or for worse.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
News: Rams good
Views: Rams good

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Oh poo poo that's actually cool, I hear Garbage is still a great live show. When you're watching a league that hires a washed up Justin Timberlake and Maroon goddamn 5 for its premier show, you take what you can get.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Justin Timberlake is washed up?

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

DariusLikewise posted:

News: Rams good
Views: Rams good

:yeah:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

shirts and skins posted:

Oh poo poo that's actually cool, I hear Garbage is still a great live show. When you're watching a league that hires a washed up Justin Timberlake and Maroon goddamn 5 for its premier show, you take what you can get.

JT did a pretty good SB half time show tbh. The audio was off but that's not his fault.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Jets fans and more specifically NY media being so salty about Kirk Cousins saying lol no thanks to the Jets is hilarious

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Joey Freshwater posted:

His halftime show was goddamn boring and nobody liked his last album.

Pretty hype for Trolls 2 though.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

CyberPingu posted:

JT did a pretty good SB half time show tbh. The audio was off but that's not his fault.

Haha uhh we're gonna have to agree to disagree on that one, because I thought it was a disaster. Super boring, and it was just him. Sung NSYNC stuff but didn't bring in any of the other guys. The weird awkward "club" under the stands. And of course:
https://youtu.be/6aBO1E_cSiU
Super Bowl Selfiiies!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

shirts and skins posted:

Haha uhh we're gonna have to agree to disagree on that one, because I thought it was a disaster. Super boring, and it was just him. Sung NSYNC stuff but didn't bring in any of the other guys. The weird awkward "club" under the stands. And of course:
https://youtu.be/6aBO1E_cSiU
Super Bowl Selfiiies!

:shrug: if we are comparing it to past half time shows, it was certainly better than a lot of the recent ones have been. At least he sung in key (cough cough Black Eyed Peas cough cough)

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Yodzilla posted:

His halftime show was goddamn boring and nobody liked his last album.

Pretty hype for Trolls 2 though.

Justin Timberlake is a huge draw and everyone still loves him come on goons

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I dont dislike Timberlake but I also dont think his last halftime show was any good :shrug:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

_________________/

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

Amy Pole Her posted:

Justin Timberlake is a huge draw and everyone still loves him come on goons

Sure, he's a recognizable name, but he's a bit past his prime. The NFL needs to focus on more contemporary hitmakers such as Garbage.

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Garbage was never even that popular. Why is the NFL pushing a 90s b-list band?

Shirley Manson looks the same though.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/McClain_on_NFL/status/1051936783305461767

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I want Brock to go ham on the Texans.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
One of my old friends in Boston has the hugest crush on Shirley Manson & loves the band Garbage.

News: https://twitter.com/cannatanfl/status/1051643915416276992?s=21
Views: Osweiller should've gone to the NFC North to grief Chicago.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
JT’s last album was good and the stuff he puts out with Tennessee Kids is great

JT is a super talented man and I will hear none of this negative talk

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

He's gotta survive Detroit first.

...I actually have no idea what to expect from that game, other than something really dumb happening.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Leon Einstein posted:

Garbage was never even that popular. Why is the NFL pushing a 90s b-list band?

Shirley Manson looks the same though.

All the good 90's band's lead singers killed themselves.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

:shrug: if we are comparing it to past half time shows, it was certainly better than a lot of the recent ones have been. At least he sung in key (cough cough Black Eyed Peas cough cough)

Bruno Mars and RHCP at Superbowl XLVIII was Super Good and I am not a Bruno Mars fan at all. But he killed it and it was really entertaining. Katy Perry, again not a fan, can't stand her in fact, but her halftime show was loving awesome and yeah ok even warmed me up to her particular brand of bubble gum pop a little. I don't really remember Beyoncé's but I don't remember it being bad. Coldplay, well gently caress Coldplay but at least they brought in Bruno Mars again and Beyoncé to try to breath some life into that otherwise dirge-stream.

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/diannaESPN/status/1052186882103275520

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yes, you can absolutely not start Peterman nor have him on the active roster, what the hell are you doing.

He is not a capable NFL QB, and every pass he throws just gets him closer to setting more worst of all time marks.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Kalli posted:

Yes, you can absolutely not start Peterman nor have him on the active roster, what the hell are you doing.

He is not a capable NFL QB, and every pass he throws just gets him closer to setting more worst of all time marks.

I just love that the Bills best hope is former Pro Bowl QB Derek Anderson.

Flikken fucked around with this message at 15:23 on Oct 16, 2018

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Please have sympathy in these trying times, the Joker is holding Sean McDermotts family hostage and making him start Nathan Peterman

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Chilichimp posted:

I feel a sudden compulsion to both defend Dave Grohl and state that Kobain's self assessment of his talent was completely accurate and honest.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

Flikken posted:

I just love that the Bills beat hope is former Pro Bowl QB Derek Anderson.

Hey, if he got 10 wins on the Browns, think what he can do for the Bills!

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Randy Blythe is still alive :shrug:

But most of the good grunge singers from the 90s are now dead yeah.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

C-Euro posted:

He's gotta survive Detroit first.

...I actually have no idea what to expect from that game, other than something really dumb happening.

The Dolphins team right now is basically defined almost entirely by really dumb things happening

Their offense is bad in every aspect besides their skill position players being extraordinarily fast and/or good at forcing missed tackles- like literally they'd be the worst offense in the league if it wasn't for their ability to take low-risk plays that aren't even particularly timed or clever and turning them into points.

Their defense is based almost entirely off of similarly unsustainable weirdness- it's a bend-don't-break kind of thing, and they've got talent but a lot of it is improbable and screams out for a reversion to the mean- they've got like four interceptions in the end zone, opponents are 0-4 on 4th down, and their opponents are averaging less than 3 points per red zone trip over the course of the season.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
We have a few top performers but otherwise yeah we are absolutely lost.

I just hate Adam Gases offense, if I’m being honest. SHOTGUN AT THE ONE INCH LINE IN OT??

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Android Apocalypse posted:

One of my old friends in Boston has the hugest crush on Shirley Manson & loves the band Garbage.

News: https://twitter.com/cannatanfl/status/1051643915416276992?s=21
Views: Osweiller should've gone to the NFC North to grief Chicago.
This is uncanny.

Amy Pole Her posted:

I just hate Adam Gases offense, if I’m being honest. SHOTGUN AT THE ONE INCH LINE IN OT??
Is that his offense or his playcalling?

AAAAA! Real Muenster fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Oct 16, 2018

Cash Monet
Apr 5, 2009

Amy Pole Her posted:

We have a few top performers but otherwise yeah we are absolutely lost.

I mean, it worked in OT. Kenyon Drake just forgot to hold onto the ball.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Cash Monet posted:

I mean, it worked in OT. Kenyon Drake just forgot to hold onto the ball.

I go back and forth on this, and I’ll even ask - is it crazy that I feel like adding extra yards to a goal line situation is *asking* for that type of risk?

And good point about play calling vs offense.

• Locked thread