Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Spoeank posted:

Have you heard of the Los Angeles Rams because Todd Gurley is currently steamrolling the entire league

Going into this week I am pretty sure the Chargers led the league in 20+ yard plays.

LA football exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The Lions' offensive line is both cool and good :colbert:

E: Case in point:

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/1054188366319796224

Akeem Spence lol

Wasn’t he traded from the lions? He poo poo in Ragnows locker?

Plays like this show how just brutal our depth at DT has been

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Amy Pole Her posted:

Akeem Spence lol

Wasn’t he traded from the lions? He poo poo in Ragnows locker?

Plays like this show how just brutal our depth at DT has been

That was Davon Godchaux unfortunately, so it was the promising young run defender and not the disposable "why the gently caress did you sign this guy"

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

a neat cape posted:

Going into this week I am pretty sure the Chargers led the league in 20+ yard plays.

LA football exciting.

It's nice having a coaching staff that understands the value of play action passing again.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

every few weeks there's a special interest story on one of the pregame shows that makes me cry

this week: Matt Bryant and his wife having to deal with the death of their baby son 10 years ago. really punches you in the face

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Ah Dallas. Clownball on the field, clownball I'm the front office.

Stuff that made me go "hmmmm" today Cammy Cam has more 4th quarter comebacks than Aaron Rodgers.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Good thing Gruden doesn't have to worry about losing the locker room. Everyone is traded or cut before next season.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

what's Gruden's record at drafting Good Players?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

BlindSite posted:

Ah Dallas. Clownball on the field, clownball I'm the front office.

Stuff that made me go "hmmmm" today Cammy Cam has more 4th quarter comebacks than Aaron Rodgers.

Because Aaron Rodgers doesn't need em

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
Isgrudengoneyet.com is being discussed right now on espn radio lol

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Fat Jesus posted:

The last time he drafted a good defensive player he literally died

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

a neat cape posted:

The last time he drafted a good defensive player he literally died

That's being very kind to his on-field impact

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

weird Asian candy posted:

Isgrudengoneyet.com is being discussed right now on espn radio lol

We really ought to throw an SA link on that page

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
We are about 6 days away from Gruden having a press conference to air his grievances with that website

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Fat Jesus posted:

Well, his first year as HC he drafted Charles Woodson, but then his last two drafts in Oakland he spent a 1st on a kicker (Janikowski) and the only player of consequence in both drafts was him and Shane Lechler.

Then for the Buccaneers between 2002 and 2008 they drafted uh.... a good guard and Aqib Talib and basically nothing else in 7 years of drafting oh my loving god

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spoeank posted:

Because Aaron Rodgers doesn't need em

Yea cause he loses. The loser.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

The Glumslinger posted:

We really ought to throw an SA link on that page

Link it to TFF so we can get more people playing 1KoB

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Link it to TFF so we can get more people playing 1KoB

Save our dying football forum with one weird trick

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013
I remember Barrett Ruud because he was ridiculous under AI control in one of the late 2000s Madden games.

Other than that, oof.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

there appears to be a football game on

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Kalli posted:

Well, his first year as HC he drafted Charles Woodson, but then his last two drafts in Oakland he spent a 1st on a kicker (Janikowski) and the only player of consequence in both drafts was him and Shane Lechler.

Then for the Buccaneers between 2002 and 2008 they drafted uh.... a good guard and Aqib Talib and basically nothing else in 7 years of drafting oh my loving god

I would bet my life that Al Davis made the call on Woodson with zero input from Gruden. Al Davis valued 2 things above all: fast as hell WR's and CB's.

So yeah, Gruden has as absolutely abysmal draft record

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.

Fat Jesus posted:

I hadn't noticed.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Fat Jesus posted:

what's that

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

put up all of the famous posts of this subforum over the years onto the Gruden website, for fame. Post the burnt steak and the steelangel2000 letter to guns and the decade of spectacular failure two-parter as well as I'm glad the bengals lost. Put from here that the ravens have won the super bowl and Plenty more

redneck nazgul
Apr 25, 2013

Cavauro posted:

put up all of the famous posts of this subforum over the years onto the Gruden website, for fame. Post the burnt steak and the steelangel2000 letter to guns and the decade of spectacular failure two-parter as well as I'm glad the bengals lost. Put from here that the ravens have won the super bowl and Plenty more

i lurk like hell but can we also put big bob pataki's existential meltdown in there

thanks and god bless

edit: this

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
You are the cow girls

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

If you can find it I made a chris benoit post edit about the replacement refs that big bob pataki liked and it's basically my peak posting achievement.

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

grady jarrett just murderized eli manning

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Fat Jesus posted:

Do yourself a solid and move along

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

redneck nazgul posted:

i lurk like hell but can we also put big bob pataki's existential meltdown in there

thanks and god bless

This is probably peak TFF for me. A close second is Larch's "JaMarcus Russell is like a bird" comment which is on an old hard drive somewhere rip

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

redneck nazgul posted:

thanks and god bless

Oh god, dying here missed that back in the day. It’s like Kawalimus but funny from someone invested in the game.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Kalli posted:

Going through the full list and picking out players I remember being decent at all:

Dewayne White
Cadillac Williams, for a bit
Barrett Ruud
Davin Joseph
Aqib Talib

That's... yeah

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

kidcoelacanth posted:

Barrett Ruud

Huh, I'd completely forgotten about him. He was okish for a while.

Apparently Scott Frost hired him and he's the ILB coach at Nebraska after being a QC coach at UCF.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

Fat Jesus posted:

As a Bucs fan let me break it down for you: LMAO.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Michael Clayton was good that one year

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.

Black Sunshine posted:

This is probably peak TFF for me. A close second is Larch's "JaMarcus Russell is like a bird" comment which is on an old hard drive somewhere rip

Larch posted:

OK people, I've been watching a lot of football games here taking advantage of NFL Rewind, and I've watched all the Raider games, even those that I'd already seen. I have figured out the problem with Jamarcus Russell, and If you'll give me just a moment to explain it I'm sure you'll see it just as I do.

Picture a large black bird. Like a huge black eagle or something, maybe a really big hawk. Soaring in the sky, ripping past snow covered lofty peaks. You can see he has these badass claws, jet to match his feathers. He soars and wheels, changing direction. Casting a majestic shadow over the peaks and valleys. This bird is like awesome personified, viewing the earth and those of us chained to it from a perspective we can never really imagine. Jamarcus is exactly like this bird, in one very specific way.

This bird does not give a gently caress about football.

Neither does Jamarcus.

This is the problem.

and bonus:

Larch posted:

Jesus what a nightmare. Some people are just not able to handle the pressure of the NFL. Sad for everyone really. I personally want everyone to succeed. But, if there is a glimmer of salvation there, at least Leaf was the greatest and most spectacular bust ever. Jamarcus doesn't even have the presence of mind to flame out with glory. He's just gonna fail like a flaccid whiskey dicked lover. He's gonna pump a few times, rubbing his dick on your belly, then vomit on your face, then mumble to himself about how he's a great lover.

The next morning, he'll hang around your apartment talking about his prowess as a dicksmith, having never even penetrated, and you'll have to somehow get rid of him without calling the cops.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1054440781270999046

Don’t be a dick Keim. Give him a chance to be on a winning team

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
Most NFL trades end up with random 6th rounders or 5th round pick swaps thrown in because the GMs haggle with each other. This trade was just a 1st rounder for Cooper straight up, which tells you that as soon as the Cowboys offered a first rounder Gruden said "yes!" faster than he could breathe

edit: also, never forget that Jamarcus won two games at mile high

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I don't know how you DON'T take a mid first round pick for someone who has less yards than Nelson Agholor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

born on a buy you posted:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1054440781270999046

Don’t be a dick Keim. Give him a chance to be on a winning team

otoh keep him out of the nfc.

or trade him to carolina to mentor donte jackson

• Locked thread