Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Barudak
May 7, 2007

ELO Musk posted:

Is this what accomplishment looks like after 40 smdh

We cant all have our armies cross the rubicon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

ELO Musk posted:

Is this what accomplishment looks like after 40 smdh

Eh, when you've already wasted the fun part of your life you take what you can get.

I am not the one who goatse'd a reporter about their hall of fame ballot if that's what you're talking about

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Shad Khan dropped his bid to buy Wembly. Can't wait to see how Britain handles the NFL trying to strong arm them into building a mult-billion dollar stadium for a team they don't want.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Shad Khan dropped his bid to buy Wembly. Can't wait to see how Britain handles the NFL trying to strong arm them into building a mult-billion dollar stadium for a team they don't want.

Eh? Wembley wasnt built for the NFL, unless i misunderstood what you meant.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The new Spurs stadium is built for NFL, so that would probably be a contender for a new team.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Eh? Wembley wasnt built for the NFL, unless i misunderstood what you meant.

The NFL thinks they'll have a team in London in 2022 and seemed to be betting on Shad getting Wembly to make it happen.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ches Neckbeard posted:

The NFL thinks they'll have a team in London in 2022 and seemed to be betting on Shad getting Wembly to make it happen.

Right? But thats not the purpose Wembley was built for, so the NFL didnt strongarm Britain (and you mean England here) into anything

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I think this speaks more to Craven Cottage getting an extended life than anything NFL related.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1052584473081077760
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1052584995980800000

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
They need to just get Peterman off that roster.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What would happen if we merged the Bills and Raiders?

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

they'd still be more viable than the chargers

https://twitter.com/SethWickersham/status/1052586039360049152

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

iospace posted:

The Browns would finally have some competition?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Folks,

https://mobile.twitter.com/PFF_Seahawks/status/1052352736610508801

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

iospace posted:

people would be stabbing each other in the rear end with knives

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Psh, call me when their line blocks real pass rushers, like DeMarcus Lawrence or Aaron Donald

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

gently caress off Dean

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

turns out pissing off the majority of your fanbase thirsting after a city who didn't want them was gonna be a bad thing?!

Hot drat.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Right? But thats not the purpose Wembley was built for, so the NFL didnt strongarm Britain (and you mean England here) into anything

Yes so now to get a place to play the NFL will attempt to strong arm London (since we need to be super specific now) into building a stadium for a team the people of London don't want.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Durandal1707 posted:

turns out pissing off the majority of your fanbase thirsting after a city who didn't want them was gonna be a bad thing?!

Hot drat.

I love how literally everyone except the Spanos clan foresaw that this was gonna go badly.

Now you have the chargers star RB talking about how much he hates LA and misses San Diego

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Sounds like a good RB. What’s this talented young man’s name?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Melvin Gordon?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Melvin Gordon?

Triggered

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yes so now to get a place to play the NFL will attempt to strong arm London (since we need to be super specific now) into building a stadium for a team the people of London don't want.

Premier League clubs have to pay for their own stadiums so I'm not sure the NFL would have much luck.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Are you foreseeing some kind of scheduling conflict with Wembley or the new White Hart Lane that will mean you can't play 8 games a year there? Or are you saying that the owner of whatever team wants to move there is going to have to pressure the local authorities into building a new stadium? Because no amount of strong arming will be effective or even requires in the latter. Just lots and lots and lots of palm greasing, backhanders, and cut-ins. The prospective owner will have to be highly amenable to enabling the local corruption to get anything past the pipe dream stage.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Would San Diego welcome the Chargers back with open arms?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

wandler20 posted:

Would San Diego welcome the Chargers back with open arms?

Minus the Spanos's I'd imagine yes. That requires a lot of sudden deaths though.

I don't think SD would as long as they own the team.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Minus the Spanos's I'd imagine yes. That requires a lot of sudden deaths though.

I don't think they would as long as they own the team.

They want the Chargers back.

They'd prefer it without the Spanoses but I still think they want their team back more than anything

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
If the Spanos built a new stadium wouldn't they be able to make a lot of money off it? I mean, San Diego is a very attractive location for many events.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

wandler20 posted:

If the Spanos built a new stadium wouldn't they be able to make a lot of money off it? I mean, San Diego is a very attractive location for many events.

Absolutely. San Diego would automatically be added to the superbowl rotation, would host college football playoff games, NCAA final four games, world cup games, etc.

They dont have the money to do that, however.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

a neat cape posted:

Melvin Gordon?

Bosa's death changed you

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Premier League clubs have to pay for their own stadiums so I'm not sure the NFL would have much luck.

That's the point and NFL owners loathe putting money toward a stadium.

Finger Prince posted:

Are you foreseeing some kind of scheduling conflict with Wembley or the new White Hart Lane that will mean you can't play 8 games a year there? Or are you saying that the owner of whatever team wants to move there is going to have to pressure the local authorities into building a new stadium? Because no amount of strong arming will be effective or even requires in the latter. Just lots and lots and lots of palm greasing, backhanders, and cut-ins. The prospective owner will have to be highly amenable to enabling the local corruption to get anything past the pipe dream stage.

I'm saying I expect the NFL to pull the standard NFL bullshit when it comes to getting a stadium built. The difference this time is nobody actually wants the team moved there. Should make for a bigger fiasco than the Chargers move to LA.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Ches Neckbeard posted:

I'm saying I expect the NFL to pull the standard NFL bullshit when it comes to getting a stadium built. The difference this time is nobody actually wants the team moved there. Should make for a bigger fiasco than the Chargers move to LA.

Who would pay for it?

London council will tell them to gently caress themselves as they are already paying off Wembley and the Olympic Village.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Who would pay for it?

London council will tell them to gently caress themselves as they are already paying off Wembley and the Olympic Village.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Should make for a bigger fiasco than the Chargers move to LA.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

What's the standard NFL bullshit? We'll take our ball and go home? That's a bluff easily called. Some people might be a little upset that there won't be any more London games, but nobody will miss it or fight to keep them.

Major Ryan
May 11, 2008

Completely blank
NFL to review Dolphins reporting of Tannehill injury

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000975291/article/nfl-to-review-dolphins-reporting-of-tannehill-injury

Don't the Pats play injury roulette every week by listing players who are clearly going to play as questionable? I mean, anyone who plays fantasy football sees that week in week out.

Not that anything will come of this but seriously, what's the point?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Finger Prince posted:

What's the standard NFL bullshit? We'll take our ball and go home? That's a bluff easily called. Some people might be a little upset that there won't be any more London games, but nobody will miss it or fight to keep them.

How many more ways do I have to say it's going to be a shitshow before you understand it?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Major Ryan posted:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000975291/article/nfl-to-review-dolphins-reporting-of-tannehill-injury

Don't the Pats play injury roulette every week by listing players who are clearly going to play as questionable? I mean, anyone who plays fantasy football sees that week in week out.

Lol you think that the Patriots are under the same scrutiny?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Major Ryan posted:

Gambling. That and fantasy football are gigantic industries that rely on that data.

And a number of years back the NFL changed the rules that listed out the requirements, and one is that if a player misses some chunk of practice, for any reason, they should be listed as questionable. So the Patriots follow that to a T, which means Brady and Gronk get listed as questionable pretty often, because they get extra rest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Derek Anderson is going to outduel Andy Luck

• Locked thread