Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

:shrug: if we are comparing it to past half time shows, it was certainly better than a lot of the recent ones have been. At least he sung in key (cough cough Black Eyed Peas cough cough)

Bruno Mars and RHCP at Superbowl XLVIII was Super Good and I am not a Bruno Mars fan at all. But he killed it and it was really entertaining. Katy Perry, again not a fan, can't stand her in fact, but her halftime show was loving awesome and yeah ok even warmed me up to her particular brand of bubble gum pop a little. I don't really remember Beyoncé's but I don't remember it being bad. Coldplay, well gently caress Coldplay but at least they brought in Bruno Mars again and Beyoncé to try to breath some life into that otherwise dirge-stream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Maybe the Chargers could become the modern day version of the Wolverhampton Wanderers?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Wolves have won several "top division" titles though.

Unless you meant the Chargers could become a version of the modern day Wolves

Actually turns out I was thinking of a different Wanderers football club which I mistook for Wolverhampton because of the shared name.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wanderers_F.C.
So named because they didn't have a home stadium and just played at various venues around London. This ancient history brought to you by my dearly departed ancient dad.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

iospace posted:

What would happen if we merged the Bills and Raiders?

The Browns would finally have some competition?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Yes so now to get a place to play the NFL will attempt to strong arm London (since we need to be super specific now) into building a stadium for a team the people of London don't want.

Are you foreseeing some kind of scheduling conflict with Wembley or the new White Hart Lane that will mean you can't play 8 games a year there? Or are you saying that the owner of whatever team wants to move there is going to have to pressure the local authorities into building a new stadium? Because no amount of strong arming will be effective or even requires in the latter. Just lots and lots and lots of palm greasing, backhanders, and cut-ins. The prospective owner will have to be highly amenable to enabling the local corruption to get anything past the pipe dream stage.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

That's the point and NFL owners loathe putting money toward a stadium.

I'm saying I expect the NFL to pull the standard NFL bullshit when it comes to getting a stadium built. The difference this time is nobody actually wants the team moved there. Should make for a bigger fiasco than the Chargers move to LA.

What's the standard NFL bullshit? We'll take our ball and go home? That's a bluff easily called. Some people might be a little upset that there won't be any more London games, but nobody will miss it or fight to keep them.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Ches Neckbeard posted:

How many more ways do I have to say it's going to be a shitshow before you understand it?

Oh, you mean it's going to be a shitshow for the team/NFL, not the host city. Yes.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Yeah Burnt Ends is great!

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Five minutes of reading a Wikipedia article about the US Civil War around Kansas City leads me to believe the Chiefs defense should be referred to as The Army of Missouri.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Is Andy Reid going to flee to Mexico after their first round exit?

Maybe Bob Sutton will leave to coach the Mexico City expansion with half the Chiefs defensive staff?

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Any Canadian team should have to be called the Rough-Riders.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

TNF: Broncos (1-5) Cardinals (2-4). Or something. :effort: someone do it I'm on awful app and can't post.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Docjowles posted:

lmao

It's hard to believe this team won the division 3 years ago and made it to the NFCCG. They're just such utter trash now.

Even at the time I refused to believe that was anything but an anomaly. Cardinals good now? No, Cardinals never good what is everyone talking about. Then they went to the championship and I was like, I don't know how to process this apparent new reality in which the Cardinals are good. At least I didn't have to worry about it too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

N: It looks like I'm gonna miss almost all the football this week between travel and conference.

V: at least I got to watch all of the TNF game! :v:

• Locked thread