Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

C-Euro posted:

He's gotta survive Detroit first.

...I actually have no idea what to expect from that game, other than something really dumb happening.

The Dolphins team right now is basically defined almost entirely by really dumb things happening

Their offense is bad in every aspect besides their skill position players being extraordinarily fast and/or good at forcing missed tackles- like literally they'd be the worst offense in the league if it wasn't for their ability to take low-risk plays that aren't even particularly timed or clever and turning them into points.

Their defense is based almost entirely off of similarly unsustainable weirdness- it's a bend-don't-break kind of thing, and they've got talent but a lot of it is improbable and screams out for a reversion to the mean- they've got like four interceptions in the end zone, opponents are 0-4 on 4th down, and their opponents are averaging less than 3 points per red zone trip over the course of the season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.

Amy Pole Her posted:

We have a few top performers but otherwise yeah we are absolutely lost.

I just hate Adam Gases offense, if I’m being honest. SHOTGUN AT THE ONE INCH LINE IN OT??

I don't hate that call, the Dolphins shouldn't be inviting defenses to line up in goal line packages or even their base defense in short yardage. NFL orthodoxy where you go and ask the defense to create 10 gaps or whatever and just wad a whole bunch of bodies up in the middle at the goal line is dumb.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

It's a big problem with all 3-4 defenses, not just the Chiefs. You're seeing more 4 wide sets, pass-catching TEs and RBs than ever before, and sooner or later, numbers dictate that there's gonna be bad matches on LBs, especially when you have an extra one on the field.

Is it really a problem, though? If you've got a guy who draws a lot of attention you can really gently caress with blocking schemes- you can get guys blocking air, discourage teams from committing too much attention to a guy who might not come, etc., and you can facilitate blitzes. There are guys like James Harrison who only rushed like 60-70% of his passing down snaps, and I think there's an argument to be made he really didn't suffer for it.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

Salguero says there's long-term doubt about Tannehill's future in Miami post-2018 https://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/armando-salguero/article220295125.html

FWIW it also says that their nearly 80 year old owner doesn't have much of a stomach to rebuild. I could see a scenario where the owner is compelled by an argument that the need is for a new coach, that says that they can win without a rebuild, a real emphasis on running the ball/defense, etc.

Either way the Dolphins probably need Stephen Ross to die before they're good around because the dude is broadly speaking a moron and it's great that this NFL has this layer of completely unaccountable Dunning-Kruger cases.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Acebuckeye13 posted:

The Lions' offensive line is both cool and good :colbert:

E: Case in point:

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/1054188366319796224

Frank Ragnow is going to be really loving good. That guy is a pretty solid run defender he buries on that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

Akeem Spence lol

Wasn’t he traded from the lions? He poo poo in Ragnows locker?

Plays like this show how just brutal our depth at DT has been

That was Davon Godchaux unfortunately, so it was the promising young run defender and not the disposable "why the gently caress did you sign this guy"

• Locked thread