Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
For a dead dying forum we've still got it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Chilichimp posted:

Near death? Brother, I've got bad news...

never 4get

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
In a shocking turn of events, PFF rankings are dumb and arbitrary:

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1052638809266016256?s=19

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
Yeah, Sam Bradford was actually pretty good with the Vikings and not awful with the Eagles. He's not the kind of QB that can elevate a team, but in a decent system he's more than capable of moving the ball consistently.

e:

Cash Monet posted:

Sam Bradford has reached his expiration date. He washed.

This is probably true though and in any case lol at paying money for 'never actually started an entire 16 game season in a nine season career' Bradford

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Hizawk posted:

Ameer Abdullah silently weeps every night, he'd be an instant starter on like 5 teams right now.

Well, good news for him:

https://twitter.com/ttwentyman/status/1053375781131427840

With Agnew on IR and Riddick out this game, this may be the first time we'll get to see Ameer get real playing time this season. I hope he's able to make the most of it-dude deserves far better than what he's gotten from this team.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Kalli posted:

If you care about game reads, you should probably read Orlovsky on twitter:

https://twitter.com/danorlovsky7/status/1053357444213157888

Since he retired and started posting on Twitter it's become clear why Orlovsky lasted so long in the NFL in spite of... certain end-zone related missteps: He really knows his poo poo, and is capable of analyzing and clearly explaining a lot of the nuances that go into playing the QB position. Definitely worth following if you're not already.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Docjowles posted:

Is he employed as even a consultant to a team or something? It’s weird to me that he has all these great insights about the game and is using them...to effortpost on Twitter. Seems like the kind of football aspergers that Belichick would have tried to scoop up.

He could just be like “gently caress it I’m paid and can do whatever I want, no need for the NFL grind anymore” of course. Which is cool and good. Just seems like he is still very into football.

Pretty sure he's used it to try and get into broadcasting, which he's been somewhat successful at—he was picked up onto 'Good Morning Football', and the Lions bring him in every once in a while to do opponent preview videos.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Gonz posted:

Make it happen, Bob Quinn.

We've got to have enough cap space, right? Maybe cutting Ebron will finally pay off!

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp
The Dallas news is probably the funniest thing I've seen all week.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

Bright Wanderer posted:

I haven't seen many Rams games either. Maybe I've just been watching all the crap teams. Still the line play seems extra sloppy this year and the new QB rule makes the defenses seem soft.

The Lions' offensive line is both cool and good :colbert:

E: Case in point:

https://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/1054188366319796224

Acebuckeye13 fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Oct 22, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010
Ultra Carp

The Glumslinger posted:

We really ought to throw an SA link on that page

Link it to TFF so we can get more people playing 1KoB