Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!
Is this just so the Haslams can buy the Columbus soccer team or is this going to wind up with the Seahawks owned by a bunch of existing owners?

https://twitter.com/SethWickersham/status/1052293479018233861

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Shad Khan dropped his bid to buy Wembly. Can't wait to see how Britain handles the NFL trying to strong arm them into building a mult-billion dollar stadium for a team they don't want.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Eh? Wembley wasnt built for the NFL, unless i misunderstood what you meant.

The NFL thinks they'll have a team in London in 2022 and seemed to be betting on Shad getting Wembly to make it happen.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Right? But thats not the purpose Wembley was built for, so the NFL didnt strongarm Britain (and you mean England here) into anything

Yes so now to get a place to play the NFL will attempt to strong arm London (since we need to be super specific now) into building a stadium for a team the people of London don't want.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

a neat cape posted:

Melvin Gordon?

Triggered

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Premier League clubs have to pay for their own stadiums so I'm not sure the NFL would have much luck.

That's the point and NFL owners loathe putting money toward a stadium.

Finger Prince posted:

Are you foreseeing some kind of scheduling conflict with Wembley or the new White Hart Lane that will mean you can't play 8 games a year there? Or are you saying that the owner of whatever team wants to move there is going to have to pressure the local authorities into building a new stadium? Because no amount of strong arming will be effective or even requires in the latter. Just lots and lots and lots of palm greasing, backhanders, and cut-ins. The prospective owner will have to be highly amenable to enabling the local corruption to get anything past the pipe dream stage.

I'm saying I expect the NFL to pull the standard NFL bullshit when it comes to getting a stadium built. The difference this time is nobody actually wants the team moved there. Should make for a bigger fiasco than the Chargers move to LA.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

CyberPingu posted:

Who would pay for it?

London council will tell them to gently caress themselves as they are already paying off Wembley and the Olympic Village.

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Should make for a bigger fiasco than the Chargers move to LA.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Finger Prince posted:

What's the standard NFL bullshit? We'll take our ball and go home? That's a bluff easily called. Some people might be a little upset that there won't be any more London games, but nobody will miss it or fight to keep them.

How many more ways do I have to say it's going to be a shitshow before you understand it?

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Chargers to Dubai. The NFL will love the labor laws

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Acebuckeye13 posted:

In a shocking turn of events, PFF rankings are dumb and arbitrary:

https://twitter.com/PrideOfDetroit/status/1052638809266016256?s=19

Did the dude running the PFF twitter account finally get less salty? He used to respond to everyone who dared question their dumb bullshit.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

a neat cape posted:

I'm not seeing any rumor other than a St Louis radio host lobbying for it

Why the gently caress would StL even lobby for a team with another shithead of an owner. They're not gems as a group but drat I'd certainly rather deal with Arthur Blank than the Spanos clan.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Yall we really need to get this man a loving medal or something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-yAWi-LCtE

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

At first, that Hyde trade is baffling, but shockingly, the Browns had lots of talent in the backfield. Looking forward to more Duke/Chubb.

Dorsey probably forcing Haley to loving use Chubb since his ypc is absurd and he gets maybe 3 touches a game. For gods sake he has 3 40+ yard TD runs.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Grittybeard posted:

I mean it's hard other than like, young Adrian Peterson or possibly Todd Gurley (or various all time greats obviously) to have more tools than Chubb has. I'll buy into the idea that he has no idea what he's doing in pass protection, but man they just never played a ridiculous talent up until now.

He's like every other rookie in pass protection.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

We got a 5th for Hyde. Is Dorsey loving obsessed with 5ths? That's what we got for Gordon to.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Ya know what team really needs at wr. Welcome back Terrell

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Strobe posted:

IR has a long minimum time though, right? If they expect his recovery to be quick then this makes sense.

Assuming no one else grabs him.

8 weeks minimum if I'm not mistaken. They can stay longer.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

DROTY :colbert:

https://twitter.com/PFF_Browns/status/1052279556256817158

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

yeah but hell die soon

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Coldforge posted:

He's right.

Edit: I've been saying it for a year, Jenkins and Anquan Boldin co-opted the protest to get guaranteed donations from the NFL for their own individual charities.

Don't forget Jenkins got his own Papa Johns franchise during the protests loving LOL

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

iospace posted:

Question, I haven't been able to catch any Romo broadcasts this year, but does he still got it?

He's mostly calmed down but still the same psychic. Lost his loving mind calling Mahomes though. Dude sounded orgasmic.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

wandler20 posted:

The top guy from Oregon said he's coming back for his senior season. Not sure many other guys are rated highly. I think Duke's QB might be the next best prospect if that says anything.

drat the QB class was already dire as gently caress.

loving LOL Giants are hosed next season to.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

FOR THOSE ABOUT TO BROCK!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Good thing Gruden doesn't have to worry about losing the locker room. Everyone is traded or cut before next season.

• Locked thread