Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Play posted:

Yahoo Sports: As Raiders sink, a brilliant website has emerged counting down Jon Gruden's tenure.
https://sports.yahoo.com/raiders-sink-brilliant-website-emerged-counting-jon-grudens-tenure-213935335.html

The Jon Gruden honeymoon may not be over yet following the Oakland Raiders’ 1-5 start, but it’s safe to say some fans have put the marriage on the clock.

Literally.

An anonymous internet soul or group has rocketed into the ranks of some historically savage NFL fans, creating a simple – but remarkably ruthless – countdown clock of Gruden’s remaining 10-year deal with the Raiders. Registered and created on Oct. 10 (which was before Sunday’s meltdown against the Seattle Seahawks) the tick-tocking platform is a straightforward page with a blunt domain name: isgrudengoneyet.com.

Jon Gruden has a lot of work to do in overcoming a 1-5 start with the Raiders. (AP)

It features only four bits of information:

1. A title: “Is Gruden gone yet?”

2. A giant, capitalized answer: “NO”

3. A clock that is mercilessly timing out, counting down what is presumed to be the number of years, weeks, days, hours, minutes and seconds (!) of Gruden’s contract in Oakland.

4. And for good measure, it includes a salary tracker that calculates: the amount of money Gruden has theoretically banked from the Raiders; the amount of money he’s still theoretically owed; and the amount of money he has theoretically earned in the precise amount of time a visitor has been on the web page.

As fan trolling goes, it gets high marks for simplistic entertainment value. It’s not the age-old taunt of showing up to games wearing a grocery bag on your head. Nor is it the brutally invasive approach of flying a banner over a stadium or paying for freeway signage near the team’s headquarters. But in the digital age, it’s effective because it provides the few pieces of information that were destined to follow Gruden the rest of his coaching life – whether he succeeded or failed in Oakland.

That crazy length of his contract (which he has sort of denied). That jaw-dropping $100 million salary figure (which he has also sort of denied). And the one question that will either define his failure, or serve as an opportunity for him to fire back at critics through some smirking success:

Is Jon Gruden gone yet? Nope. He’s here for the long-haul.

But so are those who will be watching his every move and calculating the exact price the Raiders have paid, right down to the pennies spent and seconds invested.

Amazing. TFF relevant in the year 2018

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

seiferguy posted:

Put ads on that site and use the money to pay for Lowtax's spine imo poo poo for yourself

edit: or a link to TFF and save our dead gay forum

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Oct 17, 2018

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

weird Asian candy posted:

I mean we literally willed Joey Bosa to physical injury and near death just weeks ago...

We did this so well it even hit his brother.

Ammanas posted:

Plz do not do this again I want the chargers to make the playoffs

I'll change the forum name back on Nov 1st it will reverse the curse

Athanatos fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Oct 17, 2018

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
This is immensely watchable

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1053041482913976320

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Hey Kicker Elim restarted because kickers are all terrible.

You have 4 options to pick from if you do it now:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867851&pagenumber=8#lastpost

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The Glumslinger posted:

Ah, god dammit, can a mod help fix the typo in my new av?

Queued the Fix.

Just to confirm you want it:

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Bright Wanderer posted:

Does anyone feel like this season just feels... bland? I dunno, just no super stars, no real exciting plays or big games. Just a bunch of middle of the pack teams that can win or lose any one game and a bunch of samey same crap. Football just feels... fake. But maybe it's just me.

Watch more Chiefs games?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Link it to TFF so we can get more people playing 1KoB

Save our dying football forum with one weird trick

• Locked thread