Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

Otherkinsey Scale posted:

Relatedly, Nora just catapaulted up to my top 10 characters on this show, maybe even top 5. Can't even point to a specific line, I just love her intensity and abject rage at literally everything. Suddenly punching Volcana in the stomach was the highlight of the episode.
The characterization makes sense for somebody who's just coming out of a long relationship and also a giant block of ice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Donnerberg posted:

This episode in four chapters

-Bane deserves his own show.
-Okay, maybe there is such a thing as too much Bane.
-Where's Bane? I want more Bane.
-Yay, Bane!

My thoughts exactly, 10/10 lmao.

Stegosnaurlax
Apr 30, 2023
Nonna Macaroni is the perfect level of stereotypical Nonna.
I've watched enough Pasta Grannies to confirm this.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
My Adventures with Superman: Kinda wish there hadn't been any action this week and it was entirely a superhero sitcom episode with Clark inviting his new girlfriend and her dad who he's never seen before to Thanksgiving. But I do love that Jimmy got there, realised he was being drawn into the Øyvind Thorsby zone, and immediately said "nope, we're not doing this". And also he's a millionaire now.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Harley Quinn is finally available for streaming (well, the first 2 seasons, at least) where I live.

I think Kite Man is my favourite, possibly because he's just Mark Lily from Ugly Americans

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Chinston Wurchill posted:

It is increasingly common for physicians to get PhDs but I'm not sure I've come across one in psychiatry yet. In my area it seems to be more common with neurosurgeons and neurologists, because clearly they aren't qualified enough as MDs.

We're a biotech and employ a lot of PhD/MD people. I've seen that on someone's nameplate on a cube.

Aces High posted:

I think Kite Man is my favourite, possibly because he's just Mark Lily from Ugly Americans

Hell yeah!

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

Aces High posted:

Harley Quinn is finally available for streaming (well, the first 2 seasons, at least) where I live.

Hell Ya.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Aces High posted:

They're still supposedly working on a Kite Man spin off.

Nameless Pete
May 8, 2007

Get a load of those...

muscles like this! posted:

They're still supposedly working on a Kite Man spin off.

Also supposedly Bane is going to move to that show and get promoted to main cast member. Perfect for those who wanted more Bane but were also worried about possibly too much Bane.

Undead Hippo
Jun 2, 2013
So Nora just turned into Pam from Archer I guess? Honestly, I'm here for it.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

That romantic picture Bane had of Nora :lol:

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Undead Hippo posted:

So Nora just turned into Pam from Archer I guess? Honestly, I'm here for it.

If anything, she's kind of a hybrid of Cheryl and Pam. Pam when poo poo absolutely needs to get done, and Cheryl all the rest of the time.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hearing Mama Macaroni say "don't forget to play with the nipples" made me hoot loud enough I felt like I needed to close my windows for fear of bothering the neighbors.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

King Shark walking into a really tense situation fraught with perils and immediately biting some dude's head off has me laughing way too hard

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Grem posted:

King Shark walking into a really tense situation fraught with perils and immediately biting some dude's head off has me laughing way too hard
When he walked in I thought in my brain "wait... shouldn't he just bite the guy's head off immediately?" yet was still surprised that he did exactly that.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
This ep of Harley has convinced me that all incarnations of Lex, not just the HQ version, use imperial units just to prove to everyone that he's so smart he doesn't need things like "convenience".

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Alright, finished the 2 seasons of HQ that Netflix has (God streaming sucks these days) in my region. I hope Kite Man is still around now that he and Ivy aren't getting married.

Again, much like Mark Lily, the mundanity of the character seems to be a superpower all on its own

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

My Adventures with Superman: Kinda wish there hadn't been any action this week and it was entirely a superhero sitcom episode with Clark inviting his new girlfriend and her dad who he's never seen before to Thanksgiving. But I do love that Jimmy got there, realised he was being drawn into the Øyvind Thorsby zone, and immediately said "nope, we're not doing this". And also he's a millionaire now.

Just binged the entire season and same, I don't think they did enough with the classic awkward dinner party setup. But great season overall, shockingly fun and refreshing show.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Jimmy probably could've gotten more for Flamebird. Perry likely lowballed him. :mad:

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Jimmy probably could've gotten more for Flamebird. Perry likely lowballed him. :mad:

That was my thought, unless that was the cash offer plus equity in it. Season 2: Jimmy goes full Zuckerberg and is the villain.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Nah, Jimmy buys out the Planet.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

drat, now you guys got me wishing there was more Ugly Americans

koolkal
Oct 21, 2008

this thread maybe doesnt have room for 2 green xbox one avs
Aren't 300m+ enough??

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I thought I knew exactly what was going to happen, and then it subverted it multiple times.

Well played show.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I understand photosynthesis you shitprick

algebra testes posted:

I thought I knew exactly what was going to happen, and then it subverted it multiple times.

Well played show.

e: I wonder if the season is going to end with Harley getting Flash to play another funny prank where he goes back in time 5 minutes days to stop Nightwing from getting murdered.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Sep 7, 2023

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Oh no, the feelings :(

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Love that Harley took the time to make out with her own clone before throwing her off the roof.

RIP my insane Supergirl theory from a few pages ago.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was kind of expecting someone to at least bring up the idea of double teaming Ivy.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Love that Harley took the time to make out with her own clone before throwing her off the roof.

RIP my insane Supergirl theory from a few pages ago.

lol I thought of your post as the reveal was happening :smith:

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I understand photosynthesis you shitprick

e: I wonder if the season is going to end with Harley getting Flash to play another funny prank where he goes back in time 5 minutes days to stop Nightwing from getting murdered.

My two thoughts:

1) Flash did something more right, going back in time changed how Clegg died. Or are they in an alternate universe?
2) What's the odds this is introduction of Oracle to Harley Quinn?

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

jesus, how many more episodes am I going to have to listen to James Gunn acting from his home office or whatever?

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I like how blocking out the sun made the world black-and-white, even though there is still more than enough light to see by.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Been watching some episodes of Batman TAS and Batman Beyond at night, haven't seen any of these since they aired when I was a kid. TAS is the GOAT of course, but Batman Beyond holds up surprisingly well? It's an interesting take on Bruce and Kevin Conroy is doing fantastic work, there's real pathos and moodiness, and there are a bunch of bangers in the first chunk of episodes (the pilot, Inque, Shriek, Mr Freeze). Especially considering it's such a cursed concept: "90s Extreme Batman with Future poo poo and also he's a Teen Now", they really knocked it out of the park.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Speaking of Beyond, are any of the comic versions worth checking out?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Larryb posted:

Speaking of Beyond, are any of the comic versions worth checking out?

The Neo Year and currently ongoing Neo-Gothic are fairly solid. The preceeding ones that lead into those are also fairly good too.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Loved that after the "prank" I was expecting Harley to call Ivy to prevent Clegg's accidental murder only for Clegg to die in an even more hilarious way instead.

Also thought they were gonna do a subversion where Clegg's wife mistook Ivy's faux-enthusiasm for golf seriously and voted against her, but she just shows up all,"I don't even know what this whole thing is about but I like Harley so I'll vote for Ivy's side :shrug:" which was a kind of hilarious way to resolve that particular storyline.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Finally had some time to watch the last 3 Harley episodes. This show just keeps killing it.

How did I only just realize Nora was Rachael Dratch?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
God I loving hated Lex what a great villain.

And the Alfred pay-off was perfect.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
I thought that was a decently good finale.

One question though, was Harley really trying to enact change from within the Bat Family? Felt like her arc was closer to her trying to change herself to fit in, and slowly losing a sense of self in the process, hence the plot with the double and the sleep walking etc.

Overall, I stand by saying that the Ivy plot was a bit confused despite it being an obviously doomed venture on her part, but it ended really strongly. The only significant bum note, IMO, was walking back the Joker's subplot so considerably

Open Source Idiom fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Sep 14, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
I felt like the payoff with Joker's family going along with it earned some of the goodwill back, even if I liked the angle of Mayor Joker.

It wasn't a perfect landing but it was a nice wrapup on the plot and I thought it was a funny finale. I agree that Harley's tie-in felt slightly forced, although I guess she was trying to change the Bat Family to be more athletic and proactive/vigilante. She just got cut off early in the season.