Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

source your quotes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Dear Fake James,

Eat my god drat rear end you gently caress

JUST MAKING CHILI
Feb 14, 2008

Louisgod posted:

Dear Fake James,

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Louisgod posted:

Dear Fake James,

Whoa! Looks like someone wants to get ultra friend deleted!

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
I just think Lou wants to take that friendship to the next level

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
only good part of this thread is Willsun's gen 4 evolve list, so thanks for that :hfive:

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe
Really good afternoon for me

https://ibb.co/fyLi1L
https://ibb.co/kP1O1L

:whatup:

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Dr Cheeto posted:

I just think Lou wants to take that friendship to the next level

Going for the hidden 5 heart friendship tier, 5+ bonus to rear end eating.

Anyway, seems all three of the new starters are showing up consistently enough. 40 candy away on Turtwig's main evolve and 80 away on Chimchar's. I caught a 1051 CP Turtwig this morning, which is something like 82% or whatever.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

I've caught a bunch of Turtwig and Piplup already. I've seen Chimchar on radar but haven't had one actually show up for me. I'll probably have to hunt them down later.

e: A Chimchar finally spawned for me, and the fucker ran after it broke out of the first ball! :argh:

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Oct 17, 2018

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
I understand the hostility. Hoarders regularly turn to anger when confronted about the garbage they hold on to like shoeboxes, old newspapers, high CP but low IV pokemon, fast food wrappers, a living gender dex, rusty bicycles,

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.

Fake James posted:

I understand the hostility. Hoarders regularly turn to anger when confronted about the garbage they hold on to like shoeboxes, old newspapers, high CP but low IV pokemon, fast food wrappers, a living gender dex, rusty bicycles,

Face the fact that you have been severely owned by Dr Tran

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

Siets posted:

Hey man, gotta do whatever it takes to overturn pokemon abortions!

Pokémon abortions are 90% of the game. Catch one, check it’s IVs, Pokebort it immediately if it’s sub-90%.

Fuckers want you to buy enough storage to carry 22% IV Bidoofs. Goddamn religious right.

Siets
Sep 19, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

BGrifter posted:

Pokémon abortions are 90% of the game. Catch one, check it’s IVs, Pokebort it immediately if it’s sub-90%.

Fuckers want you to buy enough storage to carry 22% IV Bidoofs. Goddamn religious right.

Listen here, bud, you made that choice to expose your balls to that Pokemon. It’s yours now and you need to provide for it! Did you know that all Pokemon have a beating heart as soon as they hit the overworld screen?!

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Siets posted:

Listen here, bud, you made that choice to expose your balls to that Pokemon. It’s yours now and you need to provide for it! Did you know that all Pokemon have a beating heart as soon as they hit the overworld screen?!

Lol

Math You
Oct 27, 2010

So put your faith
in more than steel
So before I waste a poo poo ton of time trying to test this myself.. what's the best method to rack up walking distance with a go-tcha?
Screen on or running in the background make much difference? If it's running in the background do I need to bring the app to the fore occasionally?

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

slave to my cravings posted:

Face the fact that you have been severely owned by Dr Tran

A shameful owning.

The idea of a living dex is growing on me a bit, I might attempt it for at least the Kanto 'mons as they are my favorites. I'd just have to bump up my storage and oh god this is how it starts isn't it

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Siets posted:

I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. I’m willing to leave a trail of blood and Pokefetuses behind to prove it.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

A good gym.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Fake James posted:

The idea of a living dex is growing on me a bit, I might attempt it for at least the Kanto 'mons as they are my favorites. I'd just have to bump up my storage and oh god this is how it starts isn't it
I literally had not heard the term "living dex" until the other day in this thread, and was all "how is that different from a regular dex where you have at least one of each?". Then realized, wow, I've been conflating the literal Pokedex with one's Pokemon box. Had no idea anybody would ever delete their only copy of a given Pokemon. Kinda figured holding onto them was just the default behavior.

It's especially weird to me since I'm a pretty casual player on a locally-minority team and still manage to scrape together enough gold to upgrade storage periodically. (That said, I live in a relatively urban area so I can totally get rural-ish folks who play F2P-only and never have any real opportunity to be in gyms ever.)

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Math You posted:

So before I waste a poo poo ton of time trying to test this myself.. what's the best method to rack up walking distance with a go-tcha?
Screen on or running in the background make much difference? If it's running in the background do I need to bring the app to the fore occasionally?

The best method of racking up distance with a gotcha is to live and/or work in a highrise building where reception and gps can be spotty so you're drifting all over the place.

But seriously if you have a gotcha you can have your screen locked the entire time it stays connected (1 hour) and it'll track your distance as best as pogo can, which is not very good. That said you'll probably want to check it once in a while to incubate more eggs or slot in a gym or whatever.

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
My biggest gotcha problem is my phone pushing POGO out of memory. It's not all the time which makes it worse, but I usually try to check in every 20 minutes or so to make sure the app didn't close.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

Make this the new thread title

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Good dog.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

When I was a Youngster
Professor took me all over Sinnoh
To have a look around

He said "Kid when you grow up
will you make a gym for all the puppers,
the pooches and the hounds?"

He said, "Will you unite them?
the doggos, from these five generations?
To hold one holy place?"

Because one day I'll leave you
My life's work, reborn into a puppy
in the Fancy Dog Parade."

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Plastik posted:

When I was a Youngster
To have a look around

To hold one holy place?"

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Finally got a Spinda :hellyeah:

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

I had a very weird thing happen to me yesterday:

I couldn't click on it. Not sure what it is. Tiny Bidoof?

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Consummate Professional posted:

My biggest gotcha problem is my phone pushing POGO out of memory. It's not all the time which makes it worse, but I usually try to check in every 20 minutes or so to make sure the app didn't close.

From what I've read, on Android at least, the phone has a much larger chance of killing PoGo in the background if you have 2 GB of RAM or less.

I did some experimenting with my 5X, which only has 2 GB RAM. It usually has around 600-700 MB free for apps at any point, and PoGo takes up around 450 MB. So opening almost anything else on top of that will force-quit PoGo.

I wish I knew of a way to safely reduce System RAM usage, but I don't. I'll upgrade to a better phone eventually.

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Plastik posted:

When I was a Youngster
To have a look around

To hold one holy place?"

:five:

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

aniviron posted:

It's a normal bidoof but very far away.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Why did they have to add in the new gen just as winter is starting? I love me some Pokemon but not enough to go out when it hits -40C. :colbert:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Should have topped it off with a Rhydon.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Furnaceface posted:

Why did they have to add in the new gen just as winter is starting? I love me some Pokemon but not enough to go out when it hits -40C. :colbert:

Sounds like you don't want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Away all Goats posted:

Sounds like you don't want to be the very best, like no one ever was.

Frostbite is real and scary and I would like to keep my fingers as they are important for spinning gyms and throwing pokeballs. :colbert:

e: My weather just changed to snow. Hope I find a Castform on my way home now.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Everyone thought Bidoof would be the problem but here I am in sunny Orlando, neck-deep in goddamn Kricketot, a poke I didn't even know existed until yesterday morning.

Captain Duvel
Dec 14, 2009
I've been playing this on and off since launch and have never seen an onyx. What the gently caress.

Themata
Dec 10, 2011

If you want a pizza this pie
You can crust that
I won't cheese on you
Dance on the groove flour
And I'll give you a disco-unt

dwarf74 posted:

Seriously, all I need to do is drive like 20 minutes and I can find a gym where my Pokemon will stay for 3 weeks.

Where do you live where this is possible?

This is the gym's current state as of ~90 minutes ago:

It's been now 3 days and 6 hours for my girlfriend's Snorlax. Dunno how impressive that is for Brooklyn, but I guess at the absolute latest, it'll go down once Community Day hits, since last month, people were swarming that park for it.

aniviron posted:

This happened to me yesterday as well, but with a Piplup. Restarting the app brought it back to normal size and let me catch it.

Also, has anyone gotten a really annoying bug when doing gym battles? When I start every other battle or so, the Pokemon I had originally selected to attack first will get automatically switched out once the battle starts (conveniently one that is weak to the enemy Pokemon) and then not be part of the attack roster at all. It's a pain, especially since it tends to happen while fighting one of the usual gym tanks.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Duvel posted:

I've been playing this on and off since launch and have never seen an onyx. What the gently caress.
Yeah i've only hatched one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Plastik posted:

Everyone thought Bidoof would be the problem but here I am in sunny Orlando, neck-deep in goddamn Kricketot, a poke I didn't even know existed until yesterday morning.

You should read Chorocojo's LP Pokemon Platinum: Pride and Bidoofjudice.