Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

Just binge watched this show today and caught up. I love the dynamic of this show. I don’t know how to put it exactly but it’s like there’s this great battle with depression they’re supporting each other through. Like all the joking and laughing is their way of putting on a brave face for how far they have to go.

Like others said, in other anime the MC would suck the fun out of the story but here I find it compelling. We still don’t know the real specifics but whatever it was messed him up good. I liked his “oh poo poo” reaction to the captain actually legit angry for once, that ruled. I just hope the captain is ok. Like, aside from whatever physical issues he’s hiding, it feels like he’s either Been Through It mentally/emotionally as well, or possibly bottling up some depression/anxiety himself. I like him a lot. Even before any flashbacks, maybe even if I hadn’t seen the knee scars, in the early episodes there’s something in his face and the things he’s said that made me realize this dude has seen some poo poo.

Also the best scene so far has been the MC getting grayscale tunnelvision as his ghosts chase him. That was awesomely animated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU