Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I love this anime so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Erg posted:

the sequence in ep 2 where he was breaking people down was soooo good

there's some of that in ep 3 and it's clearly going to be a fixture of the show, I'm pumped

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

There's many broody sports boys out there but Kurahara sticks out for both depth of brood and level of anger. I also like him a lot, I find him really sympathetic. I get the sense that he was in a really bad place before the story begins, and that he'll stay no matter how weird it gets because he doesn't have anything to go back to. I like that when he tells someone off he's usually right lol

I've watched sports shows where characters like him zap the energy out of things but his presence works in this one's favor. Like it takes something sweet and funny and makes it ring more true, if that makes sense.

Anyway show loving rules.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

That was great in every way and Kurahara is so sweet under the brooding I love him. I don't think I'll be over that "see you soon". And yea Prince was great, I like the very natural meta jokes.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this was a nice touch

https://twitter.com/Yuyucow/status/1054842339322142720

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Holy poo poo that first meet looks amazing and feels amazing, this show is so good. The top runner is so nice and I want to see him lose really badly.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Ep 13: his coach deserved it. The aa circle in the woods made me lol. Extremely good anime. I'd date Kurahara.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

If you haven't picked this up again now that it's back from the break do it it rules