Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I started playing this because a streamer who I watch for Slay the Spire sometimes was sponsored into playing it and it looked fun.

Turns out, it is super loving fun. Totally worth playing and it's great to play a few matches if I've got 15 minutes to kill. That's anywhere from 3 to 6 matches worth of time. :toot:

[EDIT] Also I don't find the premium stuff to be super predatory. I did throw money in to unlock all the champions because I liked the game and "all the current champs plus all the ones they ever release forever" seemed like a fine pickup. The Battlepass seems high enough that I don't know I could ever afford it off of free to play ruby acquisition, but I also don't feel super obligated to pick it up even if it would be nice to have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Getting to Diamond in everything might be a bit of an ask, but I'll see what I can do. :v: I'm only up to Gold 3 so far in solos, though I did essentially take last night off from that grind because a friend of mine wanted to play Team Battle. I've been primarily playing the fire guy with a deck I threw together as a bit of a generalist. I've been using it for both 1v1 and 2v2, though before that I was trying to play the snake guy. I like that the snake guy is the king of value land, but his second perk feels like a bit of a let down (because the tower itself is so easy to kill and seems to always get targeted first no matter where I put it) and I don't fully understand how to utilize him. I almost want to just make an all cheap-o deck so I can cycle cards as quickly as possible to get the free cards to come up as frequently as possible?

For 2v2s we've just been playing fire guy and Stormbringer and that seems like a really strong combo, because they cover each other's weaknesses, they both do some chip damage to the enemy tower, and you get to share both fire guy's perk 3 and Stormbringer's perk 2 across the team. Plus my friend's random legendary card was that druid who roots everything and spams moonfire which seems like a nutty card. I got Colossus, which I don't even use in a deck right now because 9 mana seems like a lot to ask and basically a dead card early in matchups, but I dunno. I just run Harbinger as my hammer card at 7 mana instead.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Big tanky guys are honestly best dealt with by using spells to cleave out their support and then just gunning them down with whatever units counter them. Chain lighting or a fireball will mess up the guys behind the Troubadour, and its not like he's going to fight a bunch of targets on his own. You could drop just about anything on him and have them stab him to death if he doesn't have ranged support behind him. Or a single flyer will slowly wear him down.

I haven't actually run into a Shadow Whelp before, but given that it only has 100hp it doesn't sound like it'd actually be that hard to deal with. A small squad of stuff to shoot it when it destealths to attack or a single chain lightning will drop it. And in Chain lightning's case, it can still hit it while stealthed if you know where it is.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Internet Explorer posted:

I forget the cards name, but the two dudes with the stun spears are great to keep on hand for big dudes. I seem to always have them in my deck and when they reach my hand I will generally hold on to them as a counter unless I am doing a big push and their stunning of the master will make a big difference.

They are appropriately named Stun Lancers. Yeah, Stun Lancers are nice to have in your deck. If it's a big guy who actually melee attacks, I actually prefer Defenso Chopper because it will also gently caress up swarms like nobody's business because it gets the counterattack on no cooldown for every target hitting it. Beam of Doom will also work, but I don't run that in any of my decks currently because 7 mana is usually hard to get value for.